Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: sharaban

But this is SLB vision naa.

Ranveer ka kya qusoor hai to portray as per his director's demand.

😓

--------

Exactly.....if you look at my post before the one you quoted....I did say that I blame only SLB because he messes up the characters...I am not blaming Ranveer......but if Khilji turned out to be a stupid cartoonish character....it is SLB's fault...not Veeru's.....

He also made Deepika look so bland as Rani Padmavati.....I mean Khilji's own wife looked so beautiful...that it was hard to think that Khilji would fight a whole war over Padmavati....

In Bajirao Mastani....also he messed up Mastani's character....all the sympathy went to PC's character while Mastani looked negative...

SLB is a bad director....his whole focus is on the sets and haathi , ghoda paalki...and baaki characters gaye tel lene....I am sure if someone capable had directed Padmavat.......Khilji would have actually been a menacing character and not some clown...smiley36

OK someone sent me the link for the Jim Sarbh interview and apparently even SLB called out the BS of Veeru...smiley36.....These people worked with Ranveer...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5342080

Shaitanu...

YARN | You're not my mother, I don't have to do what you tell me. | Outer  Banks (2020) - S01E05 Midsummers | Video gifs by quotes | c3195fda | ç´—

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

OK someone sent me the link for the Jim Sarbh interview and apparently even SLB called out the BS of Veeru...smiley36.....These people worked with Ranveer...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5342080

They may have worked with him, but ranveer decided his own process of prepping for the character, slb wasn't with him everyday of his prep. Ranveer said he went into a hotel for a few days and didn't come out to go deeper into the character, what is wrong with that? I don't see anything weird or extreme about it, he tried to get into the mindset of an evil person and watched films about dictators and evil people through history, that seems like quite a normal thing many actors do to prep especially for a dark character.

Now if other actors decide not to prep and just step into the role on set that's their choice, why mock others who have a different method of prepping 

Edited by zara321 - 1 months ago

Originally posted by: zara321

They may have worked with him, but ranveer decided his own process of prepping for the character, slb wasn't with him everyday of his prep. Ranveer said he went into a hotel for a few days and didn't come out to go deeper into the character, what is wrong with that? I don't see anything weird or extreme about it, he tried to get into the mindset of an evil person and watched films about dictators and evil people through history, that seems like quite a normal thing many actors do to prep especially for a dark chatacter.

Now if other actors decide not to prep and just step into the role on set that's their choice, why mock others who have a different method of prepping 

Don't you know people hate RS, Vicky, etc. even for their breathing?? Minimum efforts of nepo baby like kapoor are hailed to great extent.

Edited by Lostsoul11 - 1 months ago
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Lostsoul11

Don't you know people hate RS, Vicky, etc. even for their breathing?? Minimum efforts of nepo baby like kapoor are hailed to great extent.

I dont think ranveer is going to speak about prepping anymore after people mocking him this way about his prep, which is sad becuase it's so interesting to hear actors talk about their method and prep, but in bollywood for some reason method acting and prep is made fun of, there is no appreciation for it. In Hollywood there is so much appreciation for prepping and the different methods actors use. 

Edited by zara321 - 1 months ago

Originally posted by: zara321

I dont think ranveer is going to speak about prepping anymore after people mocking him this way about his prep, which is sad becuase it's so interesting to hear actors talk about their method and prep, but in bollywood for some reason method acting and prep is made fun of, there is no appreciation for it. In Hollywood there is so much appreciation for prepping and the different methods actors use. 

He should never speak about his prep. Blind haters use it as per their convenience & mock him despite of his stellar performance. If the same thing was done by nepo babies, these same bunch of people would have said " best actor daww, immersed in acting daww" 

MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hilarious but true......Khilji was all about makeup....smiley36...I mean Veeru is a very good actor ....no doubt about it......but Khilji is not one of his best.....no one needed to go in a dark space for that....smiley36

But Blue he’s not just calling out Ranveer but all of the actors who have that method of acting.Ranveer to waise hi bali ka bakra ban gaya.But if you listen to him he’s not ready to accept only that some actors may struggle to cope up with dark characters.Even in Hollywood there are actors who sometimes have to go for therapy after a movie.So it’s not just about Ranveer or Padmavat but about that technique that some might use.

I think even Akshay had made fun of this sometimes back.

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Hilarious but true......Khilji was all about makeup....smiley36...I mean Veeru is a very good actor ....no doubt about it......but Khilji is not one of his best.....no one needed to go in a dark space for that....smiley36

his best is still band baaja baraat

abcxyz12 thumbnail

RajKumar Rao, who played a terrorist in the movie omerta also said he went into a darkphase while doing the movie. (Ranveer and rajkumar rao discussed about this in roundtable with rajeev)

I dont understand why there is so much discussion and criticism about this. Each person's emotional quotient is obviously different. They will be effected by the same situation in different levels. One might not be effected, while other may be deeply effected. Each to their own.