Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

It's kind of hard for me to believe that Ranveer is a method actor. He just seems so effortless and natural on screen. He effortlessly captures the nuances of the characters he plays. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of actors who do method acting. Sure, it might get you a "Jhilmil" or a "Black" but sometimes it can feel forced and mechanical. Even in the West, most actors lean more towards spontaneous acting. Kristen Dunst recently said that only male actors can afford method acting because they have lots of time.smiley2

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

so this guy doesn't know ranveer personally, wasn't around ranveer when he was preparing for khilji, yet he thinks he can call ranveer a liar about his acting and prep process? unbelievable, It's now becoming a pattern where people just say all sorts of nonsense about ranveer and for people online to troll and insult the heck out of him. Ranveer is minding his own business and focussing on his personal and professional life, he isn't saying anything about anyone or anything, he is hardly seen out anywhere nowadays. 

This prashant guy seems to have taken ranveer's name just to get clicks and attention and ofcourse to get haters online happy to spread this video everywhere, and no surprise its an rk fan who has posted this video on twitter and rk fans commenting on it. I didn't even know who prashant narayan was, whereas everyone knows who ranveer is. 

Khilji was the first negative role ranveer has played, he said he was really nervous and so went into a dark space to prep for the role, he wanted to do justice to it and so did everything he could think of to prep for it, and there is nothing wrong with that, what is the need to mock that?

Edited by zara321 - 1 months ago
zara321 thumbnail

I thought name calling wasn't allowed on this forum? So those posts calling ranveer a clown will be reported. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Rs had the most days to shoot out of everyone. He even came on the set as AD on the days he was not shooting. I saw Jim’s interview he said rs is lying about going to dark space for the role because he said rs was messing up the lines and did not even remember the lines. SLB gave so many days to prepare for the role but weird that he messes up the line. I read for RL, RS prepared for 2 years workshop where as dp had zero days to prepare since she joined after kareena dropped out of the film. Both rs rk are overrated as an actor, rs overacts and rk is same expressionless eyes in roles. 

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I hate when people talk on behalf of others. Are you Ranveer’s assistant ? Were you personally there to witness what he did or didn’t do? 

This actor seems salty that nobody knows who he is and no one cares about what he has to offer. Ofcourse we have the staple Ranbir fans here too who are pretending to be criticizing but we all know what the intent is at the end of the day.

Bingo. Barring Ranveer, everyone seems to be talking about his methods.smiley36 and this is for a 6 yr old film.

I liked him in murder 2 but Prashant sounds salty that not enough people remember him. 

Ab toh streaming bhi hai. Why doesn't he get some work?

Winterberry08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

If you can't sell yourself well enough than you can't get to that position where PPL can pick on you like this.

Prashant is bluntly speaking the truth but situation today is that PPL know Who is Ranveer, while we have to tell PPL that this was the actor who did murder 2.

Ranveer, good or bad actor, nobody can measure it, but even without proving it, he is still one of the top stars.

Aisey gyan pel ke ghanta na ukhadna kuch, dum hai toh bada kaam karke ke dikhao like Manoj & Ashutosh.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

If you can't sell yourself well enough than you can't get to that position where PPL can pick on you like this.

Prashant is bluntly speaking the truth but situation today is that PPL know Who is Ranveer, while we have to tell PPL that this was the actor who did murder 2.

Ranveer, good or bad actor, nobody can measure it, but even without proving it, he is still one of the top stars.

Aisey gyan pel ke ghanta na ukhadna kuch, dum hai toh bada kaam karke ke dikhao like Manoj & Ashutosh.

both rs rk need a hit director or hit actor or hit actress to support their movies. Now rs can’t get funding for his movies. Rk has money and can fund his own movies maybe rs should ask his dad to fund his movies. Rk is smart in joining films that either has a hit director or a hit actor or hit actress in the film. They can’t sell movies on their own. Compare their flop films box office numbers to real top actors box office numbers, you’ll realize they are not really a top actors or a hit actors. 

zara321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

Bingo. Barring Ranveer, everyone seems to be talking about his methods.smiley36 and this is for a 6 yr old film.

I liked him in murder 2 but Prashant sounds salty that not enough people remember him. 

Ab toh streaming bhi hai. Why doesn't he get some work?

Exactly, padmavaat came out so many years ago, why are people commenting on ranveers prep process now? Daniel Day Lewis goes to the extreme to prep for his roles, and those roles won him an oscar, would these bollywood people dare to mock his process and say its not needed?

But it's easy for people to pick on rs as rs won't say anything, he doesn't respond so these people get away with it, that's why he becomes a target of jokes and mocking. Rs praised Jim so much during padmavaat, and I'm sure if he is asked about Jim now he would only praise him, Jim seems like a guy who can't be trusted. 

But like I said, everyone knows who ranveer is, but not many know who prashant is, that's says it all really, whether people like ranveer or not, he is still one of the top stars in the industry 

Edited by zara321 - 1 months ago
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Ranveer is a good actor in general, I’m not sure when he says he went into dark phase playing that character - is it  bit  too much /pr attempt or it really happened - probably none of us will know personally. 

But what I can say is that this shading was not cool from third person - laughing like that - it shows bad on kannan part and the one who answered. He could have just answered if he wanted to that only Ranveer knows that what happened with him,  mere saath aisa nahi hua. 

Edited by Nishita123 - 1 months ago