Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Anyone who feels it's divisive should learn to respect that vegetarians can have their own choices and preferences. :)

Moreover, this pure veg fleet isn't going to impact their non-vegetarian food. So, why is there an outrage in first place? But then it's a country where a certain section of leftists label basic hygiene and grooming (like bathing daily, waxing armpit hair) as Brahminical patriarchy. smiley36

I'll fess up here: I used to be on the other side of this, not due to vegetarians having their choices, but due to certain regions being hard to get non-vegetarian in, unless one broke ranks & went to muslim shops.  But over the last few years, having seen the courts rule that Hindus can't ban muslims from setting up stalls in the vicinity of their temples, even though any Hindus who set up stalls in the vicinity of mosques would be boycotted at best, and threatened at worst, I have not only hardened my support for the Hindu side (which it always was) but also changed my views on whether vegetarian services should exist

Like I said above, I'd like to see the non-Veg openly disclosed as being either halal or jhatka, and I'd like Hindu non-vegetarians to go for the latter

Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

attribute it to our school books.

I was teaching civics to my younger one. Ab jo likha hai padhana to padega. My elder one was listening. He was like ye kya padha rahe ho. Aisa kahan hota hai ab. Puraane zamaane ki baat hai.

What do I tell him ..that history lessons were even more  ðŸ™„

Phir laga wo to ye padh hi chuka hai. And he was able to distinguish the written from reality. So its all ok.

Not saying they have written wrong about what used to happen in Indian Society. But talk in past tense..not with a one line disclaimer that things r slowly changing now

Have him read non-NCERT history books.  Amar Chitra Kathas are a good start, if he is very young.  Or if he is older, have him read books by Vikram Sampat, Sitaram Goel, Kisori Saran Lal and so on.  When I was a kid, I used to read Dr RC Majumdar, but those are a series of some 11 volumes of thick books, so I wouldn't recommend one start there

Actually, the NCERT books are very wrong about history, and Neeraj Atri has been exposing them.  For instance, on casteism, he cited accounts of Megasthenes, Hiuen Tsang/Fa Hein and from the Mughal era, Jahangir: these were diversely independent accounts of different groups of Hindus from different periods, and none of them described society the way NCERT does.  All this atrocity literature is just 20th century propaganda aimed at making people hate each other.  And right now, it's consuming Britain, the country that encouraged it in the first place

Witchofthewest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I don’t know what the fuss is all about but Personally I am okay with it as I am a non veg eater and planning since long to quit non veg altogether. 

But I see where people are coming from, possible mob lynching and personal preference is revealed which can cause problems for both rider and person ordering food. This plan was a good move but a little thought into this could have prevented the outrage because I was expecting a good marketing strategy from Zomato as always.
But But But 

All this definitely made the stocks go high of Zomatosmiley36 which benefitted me.   

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Witchofthewest

I don’t know what the fuss is all about but Personally I am okay with it as I am a non veg eater and planning since long to quit non veg altogether. 

But I see where people are coming from, possible mob lynching and personal preference is revealed which can cause problems for both rider and person ordering food. This plan was a good move but a little thought into this could have prevented the outrage because I was expecting a good marketing strategy from Zomato as always.
But But But 

All this definitely made the stocks go high of Zomatosmiley36 which benefitted me.   

Zomato ka woh offer haina 9 rupees mein 5 free deliveries for one month. 

Mere abhi 2 aur order karna baki hainsmiley36

Witchofthewest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Palak2812

Zomato ka woh offer haina 9 rupees mein 5 free deliveries for one month. 

Mere abhi 2 aur order karna baki hainsmiley36

smiley36smiley36

yeh konsa offer hai mujhe pta hota ki 9 rupees mai free deliveries mil rhi hai mai bhi letismiley37
 Zomato got more hype while swiggy burning with ragesmiley9

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Vr15h

Have him read non-NCERT history books.  Amar Chitra Kathas are a good start, if he is very young.  Or if he is older, have him read books by Vikram Sampat, Sitaram Goel, Kisori Saran Lal and so on.  When I was a kid, I used to read Dr RC Majumdar, but those are a series of some 11 volumes of thick books, so I wouldn't recommend one start there

Actually, the NCERT books are very wrong about history, and Neeraj Atri has been exposing them.  For instance, on casteism, he cited accounts of Megasthenes, Hiuen Tsang/Fa Hein and from the Mughal era, Jahangir: these were diversely independent accounts of different groups of Hindus from different periods, and none of them described society the way NCERT does.  All this atrocity literature is just 20th century propaganda aimed at making people hate each other.  And right now, it's consuming Britain, the country that encouraged it in the first place

His school doesn't follow NCERT books. They used NCERT for 2 yrs so I’ve read them. But others r no better. 

so ya we got few Gita Press books for kids, Amar Chitra Katha, panchatantra etc

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Witchofthewest

smiley36smiley36

yeh konsa offer hai mujhe pta hota ki 9 rupees mai free deliveries mil rhi hai mai bhi letismiley37
 Zomato got more hype while swiggy burning with ragesmiley9

Beech beech mein deta hain.

Abhi mera chal raha hain smiley36

Witchofthewest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Palak2812

Beech beech mein deta hain.

Abhi mera chal raha hain smiley36

kya palak dusri palak ki help kra krosmiley37smiley37

SlatePencil thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mnx12

It's  a smart move. He is targeting people who prefer to eat veg food. I remember an interview of Sudha Murty, where she said, on her trips abroad, she prefers to eat using her hands only, in a restaurant serving both veg & non veg food. May be the spoon offered in that restaurant is used in eating non veg by a previous user. It's a sentiment. Some strictly veg eaters may agree with this thought. Goyal is targetting this group. This is purely a business move.

Then she should take plate also from home as the plate in the restaurant might have been served with non veg food