diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago
#1

A little late to the party, but seriously the trailer of the film was fab.smiley10 



A light-hearted fun film with female bonding is what I've been asking for years from Bollywood.

And finally they are doing it.smiley4

Such a breath of fresh air amidst the ongoing trend of action films.


I like the fact that they aren't using the token labels of "feminism" , "women-centric" etc etc to go out of their way to promote film. The whole vibe of the film is just full of positive feminine energy, which is a statement itself.smiley32

I still suspect that "sigma males" will be butt-hurt. But it would be fun to see their meltdown on Social Media, considering how they celebrated films like Kabir Singh, KGF2, Animal in the past, and ridiculed anyone who had a different opinion.

I find it hilarious that they complain about films like Veere Di Wedding for pseudo-feminisim. But they don't mention how vulgar comedies like Masti franchise (that do nothing but degrade women) manage to earn 100 crores in our country.

I hope "The Crew" succeeds and ends the stupid trend of OTT action films. 


Give us more romcoms, lighthearted comedies and more collaborations between leading ladies please.smiley42

Edited by diasingh2 - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

14

Views

993

Users

5

Likes

23

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 2 months ago
#2

Same here I will watch it in the cinema if the reviews are good.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago
#3

Originally posted by: priya185

Same here I will watch it in the cinema if the reviews are good.

I hope the reviews are good. Give it a chance, even if its half-decent.

Films like these need more support.

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago
#4

Originally posted by: diasingh2



I find it hilarious that they complain about films like Veere Di Wedding for pseudo-feminisim. But they don't mention how vulgar comedies like Masti franchise (that do nothing but degrade women) manage to earn 100 crores in our country.


As someone who has supported Crew I would still say that the reverse of your saying holds true also. People also try to shame films like Masti and then say VDW is groundbreaking. So there's hypocrites on both sides 

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 2 months ago
#5

Originally posted by: diasingh2

I hope the reviews are good. Give it a chance, even if its half-decent.

Films like these need more support.

They have enough money my one ticket won’t make much difference. 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago
#6

Originally posted by: priya185

They have enough money my one ticket won’t make much difference. 


It's not even about money lol. Because that's what everybody thinks and that's how good films end up failing.smiley36

In that sense, it's not even about this film. So many films failed in the past, then years later they were regarded as underrated.


Edited by diasingh2 - 2 months ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago
#7

Interesting tidbit - kareena has worked with female costars in Veere Di Wedding, Crew, Good Newzz, and she said that she has noticed better camaraderie with the girls when shooting for a scene. She noticed men will try to compete during a shot. She says women dont do that and seem to just genuinely want to lift each other to give the best shot. 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago
#8

Originally posted by: desigal90

Interesting tidbit - kareena has worked with female costars in Veere Di Wedding, Crew, Good Newzz, and she said that she has noticed better camaraderie with the girls when shooting for a scene. She noticed men will try to compete during a shot. She says women dont do that and seem to just genuinely want to lift each other to give the best shot. 



I totally believe that.

It really shows how far Kareena has come. A stark contrast from her initial 3-4 years in the industry where she practically had problems with every female co-star.


I find it amazing that it's her 24th year in the film industry, and she is still going strong, working as a leading lady, and has no plans to retire. Her film choices are diverse and have gotten better over the years.

She is equally popular with GenZ as she is with Millennials.

And with time, Millennials are going to appreciate her more and more for handling her career so effectively.

Edited by diasingh2 - 2 months ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago
#9

Whaaat 


how did I miss the trailer..i was so looking forward to it..

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago
#10

I think she’s talking about the teaser. The trailer will be out sometime today