Character analysis & why I believe today’s episode was not bad

sandhir.candy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Hi guys… I am new in this forum & it has been years since I was last active on India-forum. It has been so long that first I forgot my own account’s name & then password! smiley36

I have been following this show on & off & was silent reader of this forum from last few days. & as usual I am here to give my two cents on the show & it’s characters!smiley17

I know people are really depressed with Armaan’s character & the episode today! But I think today’s episode was not that bad & in fact there is some progress in my opinion. It was an overall good episode. I will give my own opinion of the characters of the famous trio.

Ruhi : I believe her character has been really consistent & in fact stuck in one place since the beginning of the show, ARMAAN. She was wrong to go ahead with marriage when she knew she can’t forget Armaan. & she is responsible for ruining Rohit’s life. But she is really clear that she loves Armaan only & no one else has any space in her heart. & She has been true to her character & will only be happy when she has her moments with Armaan. & will be upset to witness any kind of proximity between Armaan & Abhira. Now I know, her “bich ka rasta” has sparked many arguments over here about EMA & it could be interpreted as one, but what I took from that scene was her wish to come clean in front of the family about their soulmate love & somehow convince them for their relationship & may be marriage, if possible. Which she wanted to do since her engagement day. This thought has taken root once again in Ruhi’s mind since family has accepted Rohit’s death & Armaan’s marriage is anyway a deal in her eyes.

In short, her character is immoral to love another brother & marry another to stay close to her soulmate wala love. Her moral compass is twisted & was/is cheating Rohit emotionally & mentally & is ready to cross physical limits any given day, if only Armaan gives a go ahead signal. She pretty much one dimensional character in this regard.

Abhira: what can I say about her, she is headstrong & a very strong woman. She is bubbly & full on entertainment. Her character is the main reason I was attracted to this show in this gen, otherwise I haven’t seen even a single episode of the first gen of this show. She is the soul of the show & brings liveliness to it. There was also arguments about her being wrong to doubt Dadisa. Once again I disgress. She didn’t doubt Dadisa, in fact she wanted to clear her name by co operating with her by countering all the evidences that are against her. Yes, Dadisa’s ego was hurt when Abhira said ek baar boliye ki iss sab me aapka koi haath nahi tha. But she didn’t mean to offend or doubt her then. She just doesn’t know how to word her thoughts & speaks her heart out without thinking. It’s like you know when we say to someone tu bas yeh bol, aur fir dekh main yeh or woh wagera kar dunga. She exploded after Dadisa insulted her & she is hot-headed herself so everything went downhill & then she impulsively went ahead to believe the evidences in front of her for the time-being until she discovers anything otherwise. Which she should have done from the get go from professional stand point, but she is getting emotionally attached to everyone in the family & that’s why she is starting to get hurt from their behaviour. I do believe she is slowly starting to fall in love with Armaan, but there is a long way to go. She is attached to Armaan & wants her photograph with him in his bedroom walls. She doesn’t realise why that is so & although she is constantly talking about one year deal marriage, it’s mostly to remind herself that she shouldn’t feel hurt or any other way whenever Ruhi or Armaan behaves or talks rudely to her & she feels uncomfortable about their closeness & “friendship”. I believe she is heading towards heartbreak whenever the soulmate revelation comes out. She will be hurt & will give Armaan earful for all the lies & deceits. But she will walk away from him, not to make way for Ruhi but bcz that’s what they had agreed on from the very beginning & she knew at the end that there was someone else in Armaan’s life although she didn’t know who that someone was. Even if it will hurt her but she is a strong willed person & is capable enough to make tough decisions. 

At least that’s what I believe her character to be. But you never know what cvs will do with her character in the future. They are capable of butchering any good character for certain track or TRPs. smiley39

Armaan: The most controversial character of the forum, not bcz he is more at fault than Ruhi, but bcz he is supposed to be the ML of the show. In my eyes, he is a weak willed character ( bcz of all the suffering he endured in Poddar house & trauma) & comes with a lot of baggage. A simple girl like Abhira will suffer tremendously being with him if he didn’t change. Armaan is a character who fell in love with Ruhi, but she went ahead & got engaged to his brother while he was out of town bcz of important work. He talked it out with her & cleared all the misunderstanding with her but refused to stand up & admit his love in front of his family due to his fear of hurting & losing them. Everyone is asking what is he so guilty about when Ruhi herself went ahead to get married with Rohit. He isn’t guilty about that & believe that to be miscommunication & misunderstanding, but is guilty about not being strong enough to stand up for himself & his soulmate wala love. & he is even more guilty about asking Ruhi to go ahead with the marriage. As that’s what essentially ruined her life. He is a flawed character & vowed to himself & Ruhi that he will not marry or love anyone else. May be bcz he believed he will not love anyone else or for whatever other reason. ( stupid I tell you.smiley24) We all know he broke his promise by marrying Abhira bcz of circumstances & in today’s episode I believe he is leaning towards starting to get attached with Abhira & slowly (turtle paced) started his journey to fall in love with Abhira as well. Of course there is a long way to go for him.

Before today’s episode I always believed him to be more attached/attracted or whatever he believes his feelings to be towards Ruhi, but he was/is more inclined towards Ruhi than Abhira. But from today’s episode I have hope that he will slowly start to change that.

You know before today’s episode he always lied to Abhira about their relationship & his feelings towards Ruhi. & you can’t deny it as he himself was beating himself up for losing control on himself in that abandoned house & hugging & being carried away in emotions & that’s cheating. Even if you consider his marriage to be a deal & not cheating with Abhira, then towards Rohit & he is deceiving his whole family. & although it’s a deal marriage what he is doing is equally immoral as he is constantly lying about his relationship with Ruhi being just friends & is still emotionally attached to Ruhi, be it guilt or whatever. I know Ruhi always guilt trips Armaan with her DDP, but the fact remains that he was always more leaned towards Ruhi emotionally than towards Abhira. 

Be it guilt, attachment or whatever other emotions, Armaan always felt it more towards Ruhi bcz of her constant DDP speeches. I know he should feel more guilt, concern towards Abhira bcz her situation & everything that happened with her is far worse but Abhira doesn’t guilt trip him. Or never openly asks for his concern, sympathy or any sort of support. So it is always easy for Armaan to ignore it & his feelings towards her especially bcz Abhira always lightens the atmosphere with her pj & one liners. Even in yesterday’s episode he was emotionally disturbed bcz of Ruhi & was constantly thinking about her when he had many other things to worry about. I am uncomfortable with how comfortable he is with holding Ruhi’s hand or other close proximity with her. He needs to stop being comfortable with it & it will only happen when he falls in love with Abhira & realises.

But today in the spur of the moment, he announced himself real husband of Abhira. Although he is still far away from falling in love with Abhira but today for the first time he lied about his feelings to Ruhi. I know it is feeding Ruhi’s delusions more & more, but before today’s episode I never thought he was feeding Ruhi’s delusion & in fact was hiding his feeling & was more afraid to cross the line.Right now even he himself is not aware of his budding feelings towards Abhira & will be in denial for long as well. But boy is it going to backfire on him in the future! ( hopefully) I hope he will have to work his ass off to get Abhira back. ( if not, i will not mind another new hero for Abhira. Armaan can slave away his life in Poddar house & for that ungrateful family)

I know everyone is upset about precap of him calling Abhira chor, I am also upset about it. But let’s discuss it when it airs.

Phew, I think that’s all. I am out of practice & I don’t think I will have the patience to write such long paragraphs ever again. smiley26smiley37

PS : Just chill & enjoy the show, although triangle of this show is annoying but right now it is less toxic than most other shows. & that says something about the condition of ITV. smiley39

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

17tourin thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Much appreciated, each and every point made is 💯/💯.

Thank you for posting this! 🤌🤌✨

sandhir.candy thumbnail

Originally posted by: 17tourin

Much appreciated, each and every point made is 💯/💯.

Thank you for posting this! 🤌🤌✨

thank you for reading this! smiley36

I didn’t realise it became such a lengthy post otherwise I would’ve posted each character’s analysis separately! smiley37

17tourin thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sandhir.candy

thank you for reading this! smiley36

I didn’t realise it became such a lengthy post otherwise I would’ve posted each character’s analysis separately! smiley37

smiley36

It became lengthy, but it was worth reading all together. smiley31

sandhir.candy thumbnail

Originally posted by: 17tourin

smiley36

It became lengthy, but it was worth reading all together. smiley31

thank you smiley31

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

If he's afraid or unable to confront his feelings for Abhira, he can stay quiet or change the subject instead of telling Ruhi things that feed her delusions despite knowing how she is. Its not like he's unaware of her wishes , her feelings and her insistence on wanting to be with him even now! 

Infact he should have been irritated at her for asking something so random and  pointless when Abhira is just recovering. What ridiculous question was that?! 

No one expects him to magically get over his feelings for Ruhi. But only  expect consistency in his behavior. He can't be rude or ignore her entirely - ok. But he doesn't maintain any distance. He seeks her out himself, offers help voluntarily even when not needed, never makes excuses to stay away from Ruhi. All this suggests he is not genuinely interested  in getting over her or moving on and isn't letting Ruhi do so either because she gets mixed signals and feels hopeful again. 

The way he danced publicly, completely forgetting Abhira, the way he cannot stop running behind her and involving himself in her matters shows that he can't do bare minimum also to actually maintain boundaries. 

Abhira ke hote huye yeh haal hai. If no abhira existed, and Rohit went MIA, I can only imagine how he'd have behaved. 

Just because Abhira doesn't guilt trip him doesn't mean he becomes insensitive and forgets why she is in his life and house or forget her track record of always doing the right thing. He seems to quickly sideline the realizations he has of just how lonely Abhira is and he keeps letting her down even as just a friend or guardian, let alone husband. 

Edited by Pinecone - 1 months ago
Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Hey, kinda agree with you. The episode wasn't that bad. It's just random skinship between Ruhi and Armaan that the makers ghusao for no reason that pisses people off more smiley37smiley37

I believe there can be no better man for Abhira than Armaan if he grows a spine and lets go of Ruhi. The guy is literally a gem. He cares for everyone, is a softie and most importantly really compatible with Abhira. 

He needs to realise who matters in his life atm and also what the consequences of leading Ruhi on would be. He is really dumb to think that him leading Ruhi on like this will not make any difference. He is already considered an outsider in the family. If he doesn't work on ignoring Ruhi, these people will put entire blame on him solely and kick him out. 

Edited by Befikre - 1 months ago
Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

It was much needed. Loved every bit of it. ❤️❤️

sandhir.candy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

If he's afraid or unable to confront his feelings for Abhira, he can stay quiet or change the subject instead of telling Ruhi things that feed her delusions despite knowing how she is. Its not like he's unaware of her wishes , her feelings and her insistence on wanting to be with him even now! 

Infact he should have been irritated at her for asking something so random and  pointless when Abhira is just recovering. What ridiculous question was that?! 

No one expects him to magically get over his feelings for Ruhi. But only  expect consistency in his behavior. He can't be rude or ignore her entirely - ok. But he doesn't maintain any distance. He seeks her out himself, offers help voluntarily even when not needed, never makes excuses to stay away from Ruhi. All this suggests he is not genuinely interested  in getting over her or moving on and isn't letting Ruhi do so either because she gets mixed signals and feels hopeful again. 

The way he danced publicly, completely forgetting Abhira, the way he cannot stop running behind her and involving himself in her matters shows that he can't do bare minimum also to actually maintain boundaries. 

Abhira ke hote huye yeh haal hai. If no abhira existed, and Rohit went MIA, I can only imagine how he'd have behaved. 

Just because Abhira doesn't guilt trip him doesn't mean he becomes insensitive and forgets why she is in his life and house or forget her track record of always doing the right thing. He seems to quickly sideline the realizations he has of just how lonely Abhira is and he keeps letting her down even as just a friend or guardian, let alone husband. 

I agree with you that he did feed Ruhi’s delusions today, but give him some time he just blurted real husband wala dialogues. He himself didn’t have any time to fully comprehend why he said that! & he has been constantly lying about his feelings to everyone, even himself since forever. Be it not being affected by their family members rude behaviour or words & calling him paraya & all. Be it Abhira or anyone else. So denying his feelings is second nature to him.

& about him getting over Ruhi or moving on…. I don’t think boy even thought that was an option or wanted to do that, otherwise he wouldn’t have made that stupid vow to never love or marry another. smiley44

About maintaining boundaries, I agree. But first he needs to gather courage to create those boundaries with Ruhi. As I said he is weak willed character. He is good human being & soft & all that but he needs to be firm in such situations, he needs to tell Ruhi to not come in his personal space & maintain a certain distance.

& I agree, just bcz Abhira doesn’t guilt trip him, he can’t be insensitive towards her. But he is a character who is blind towards his family’s faults & will become irrational at time when it involves his family. & about letting Abhira down, I hope we get a good Abhimaan filled episodes without third wheel in the near future where he sincerely apologies & coaxes Abhira. Not some 2-3 minutes scenes. Bcz this time things went a bit overboard.

Docworld thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I loved it❤️. Keep writingsmiley31