Views

Users

Frequent Posters

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

I vote for Ghulam because of the story.

Marlon Brando's movie On The Waterfront is one of my favourites and Ghulam is quite good in bringing out the emotional conflicts and what moral courage means.

Yes. I remember feeling so energized after watching the movie. This one is similar to Ghatak in its messaging.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Rangeela

I have not watched ghulam

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

I vote for Ghulam because of the story.

Marlon Brando's movie On The Waterfront is one of my favourites and Ghulam is quite good in bringing out the emotional conflicts and what moral courage means.

My favorite Brando film is A Streetcar Named Desire, although that's mainly for the source material and Vivien Leigh. I tried to get into On the Waterfront since he won his first Oscar for that but I wasn't super impressed and found it overrated. But Brando never resonated with me much. I much preferred Montgomery Clift who was the first choice for On the Waterfront but he refused it.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

RH is your favorite movie out of all of the wonderful films of Aamir ?๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yes lol. I love RH. Then Rangeela, QSQT, and Fanaa. Also Mann, Dil Chahta Hai, Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke, Ishq, and Mela.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Yes lol. I love RH. Then Rangeela, QSQT, and Fanaa. Also Mann, Dil Chahta Hai, Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke, Ishq, and Mela.

And you have not watched his biggest classics from the 90s Dil hai ke manta nahi and JJWS (along with stone cold) ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

How come ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

------------

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

And you have not watched his biggest classics from the 90s Dil hai ke manta nahi and JJWS (along with stone cold) ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

How come ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

------------

I have seen JJWS. I like it but it isn't a favorite of mine. My main issue with Aamir movies is that outside of Juhi, he never had any classic repeat pairings or jodis. And he ruined that even with Juhi with his feud with her. 

Think about how Dil was one of the biggest hits of the 90s. Yet, Aamir and Madhuri never made another movie together after that. She's worked with Salman and SRK repeat times, but never again with Aamir. He had wonderful chemistry with Urmila in Rangeela, Karishma in Raja Hindustani, Preity in Dil Chahta Hai, Kajol in Fanaa, etc. but all of these heroines he never worked with again. To me it always seemed like he felt their roles were too equal to his or too strong for his taste at the threat of overshadowing him that he made sure never to work with them again and only pick films where the female lead is inferior to his. That's why outside of Juhi, he isn't known for his romantic pairings because he never repeats his heroines. His films don't give much scope to actresses unlike SRK and even Salman. SRK, Salman, Hrithik are all known for their iconic pairings.

I think also of Rani, who is the only one who actually does accept inferior roles in his movies. She's always relegated to a supporting role in his movies, usually just the flowerpot role of a wife or girlfriend. She does these because she's always liked him and had a crush on him but notice how while she does favors for him, he never does favors for her. He's never played an inferior role in one of her movies. Salman and SRK have both done small roles in her movies (Salman in Baabul, SRK in Saathiya) but never Aamir. In fact, with her it seems he's especially threatened by the idea of giving her an equal role to him lest she overpower him onscreen. He's lucky she's so fond of him that she agrees to this because most other major actresses wouldn't (see how he treated Aishwarya by blacklisting her when she refused MP).

After the 90s, his films made sure to never showcase the heroine ever again. Fanaa was the sole exception because it was coming off of the disaster that was MP so he was willing to agree to a YRF production where he didn't have sole control, and because he was just ecstatic that Kajol refused SRK and KJo for him.

Something else I noticed is that he's the only Khan who never did a movie with Sridevi. Salman had two movies with her and SRK had one movie with her in a special appearance. She had wonderful chemistry with both so I'm curious what her dynamic with Aamir would have been like but alas we'll never know. Tbh, I don't think he would ever have made a movie with her. Many people were afraid to act alongside her because of being overshadowed by her skill and versatility so if Aamir had problems working with other actresses, I definitely see him avoiding starring alongside Sridevi onscreen.

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 2 months ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I have seen JJWS. I like it but it isn't a favorite of mine. My main issue with Aamir movies is that outside of Juhi, he never had any classic repeat pairings or jodis. And he ruined that even with Juhi with his feud with her. 

Think about how Dil was one of the biggest hits of the 90s. Yet, Aamir and Madhuri never made another movie together after that. She's worked with Salman and SRK repeat times, but never again with Aamir. He had wonderful chemistry with Urmila in Rangeela, Karishma in Raja Hindustani, Preity in Dil Chahta Hai, Kajol in Fanaa, etc. but all of these heroines he never worked with again. To me it always seemed like he felt their roles were too equal to his or too strong for his taste at the threat of overshadowing him that he made sure never to work with them again and only pick films where the female lead is inferior to his. That's why outside of Juhi, he isn't known for his romantic pairings because he never repeats his heroines. His films don't give much scope to actresses unlike SRK and even Salman. SRK, Salman, Hrithik are all known for their iconic pairings.

I think also of Rani, who is the only one who actually does accept inferior roles in his movies. She's always relegated to a supporting role in his movies, usually just the flowerpot role of a wife or girlfriend. She does these because she's always liked him and had a crush on him but notice how while she does favors for him, he never does favors for her. He's never played an inferior role in one of her movies. Salman and SRK have both done small roles in her movies (Salman in Baabul, SRK in Saathiya) but never Aamir. In fact, with her it seems he's especially threatened by the idea of giving her an equal role to him lest she overpower him onscreen. He's lucky she's so fond of him that she agrees to this because most other major actresses wouldn't (see how he treated Aishwarya by blacklisting her when she refused MP).

After the 90s, his films made sure to never showcase the heroine ever again. Fanaa was the sole exception because it was coming off of the disaster that was MP so he was willing to agree to a YRF production where he didn't have sole control, and because he was just ecstatic that Kajol refused SRK and KJo for him.

Something else I noticed is that he's the only Khan who never did a movie with Sridevi. Salman had two movies with her and SRK had one movie with her in a special appearance. She had wonderful chemistry with both so I'm curious what her dynamic with Aamir would have been like but alas we'll never know. Tbh, I don't think he would ever have made a movie with her. Many people were afraid to act alongside her because of being overshadowed by her skill and versatility so if Aamir had problems working with other actresses, I definitely see him avoiding starring alongside Sridevi onscreen.

Do watch DIL HAI KE MANTA NAHI.

You will find his best pairing with Pooja Bhatt.

Outstanding sizzling onscreen chemistry between the two.

Juhi never worked with Salman ever, except for a few seconds cameo in deewana mastana.

Aamir and Madhuri worked in another film "Deewana mujh saa nahi" which was released just after two weeks of Dil.

Aamir and Madhuri signed another big budget film RISHTA alongwith BIG B in 1994, but that film got shelved.

Aamir and Pooja bhatt were cast again in Ghulam but Pooja lost her interest in acting and quit Ghulam.

Aamir was the most secure one thats why he never depend himself on any jodi except of her debut film heroine Juhi, that's why didnt worked with urmila, Karishma, preity, kajol etc again.

He was so self assured and totally believe in his craft that he took the flop director of his 1995 release Baazi, and made a huge budgeted Lagaan with the same director and took it to the Oscars.

Aamir is a TRUE ARTIST and was never dependent on banners and jodis unlike most other superstars.

----------------

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago
AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Rangeela without a doubt 

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: wat_up

u really donโ€™t watch much Aamir movies lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ I still wonder how this guy got hits since so many canโ€™t remember his movies  but I guess quality over quantity. 

I barely watch any movies tbh

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2