Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

Posted: 2 months ago

Bangalore-based IPL franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) faced significant bowling challenges in the previous season. The RCB encountered substantial difficulties in their bowling department, culminating in them securing the fewest wickets among all teams in the league.The team's struggles were particularly evident due to the underperformance of key bowlers like Renuka Singh. Singh's poor form throughout the season raised concerns about RCB's ability to contain opposition batters effectively. Additionally, the team's limited options in terms of pace bowlers further exacerbated their bowling woes.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

UP Warriorz finished third in the inaugural edition last year in March in a competition which was dominated by eventual winners Mumbai Indians and to a large extent by Delhi Capitals, with their aggressive approaches.

Savera84 thumbnail

Probable Best Batter of the Match

RCB's Sophie Devine could be the best batter in game 2 of the WPL 2024, and her performance could be key for Bangalore. With 266 runs in her last eight matches, Devineโ€™s showing with the bat could take Bangalore towards a flying start to the WPL 2024. 

Probable Best Bowler of the Match

UP Warriorz's Deepti Sharma could be the best bowler of the game against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Deepti Sharma is one of the best players in womenโ€™s cricket, and her repertoire with the ball is something that needs no introduction. Her spell could be one to watch out for and UP Warriors will look to benefit from it.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

Thank you Raji, for the thread and for tagging me. 

Best wishes to both the teams. A bit more wishes to RCB W team. smiley10

Viswasruti thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

Alyssa Healy speaks on what's special this year

"This season, especially at the auction, we've picked up some of the local players, which is really great signs heading into this season. Hopefully we can continue to improve and obviously, hopefully go one or two better this season and hopefully get our hands on a trophy," Alyssa Healy said.

Healy said it will be vital for the Indian players in the UP Warriorz camp to express themselves.

"For us, the learnings was all around just being able to compete, especially for some of the local players who have never played in a competition like this before (Or have) never played against some of the international players that they have.

"I think some confidence on their end to be able to know that they can match it with the best, I think is in good stead," she said.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

All eyes on batter Vrinda Dinesh

UP Warriorz splurged Rs 1.3 crore on uncapped Karnataka batter Vrinda Dinesh during the auction last December, making her the second-most expensive player in the competition after Kashvee Gautam.

Head coach Jon Lewis said the franchise was pleased to have roped in an exciting player at a young age.

"She's a really exciting young talent. From what I can see in practice and what I can see over the course of the time that I've watched her play, she learns very fast, which generally the best players do," Lewis said.

"We've got a really talented young player who will evolve as the competition goes on over the course of the next two or three seasons."

Viswasruti thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

Friends, please post the scores intermittently. smiley27

Here is the link for live updates-- 

https://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-scores/88431/rcbw-vs-upw-2nd-match-womens-premier-league-2024

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 months ago
SoniRita thumbnail

Kolkata Knight Riders

Thanks for the tag and thread Raji 

kavya1994 thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

Thanks for the tag.

DiamondLife thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals