Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

The working at/on the movie gave so many good vibes that - apart from being the most popular movie in 2023 - this kind of rewarding is fair (imo).

(In addition, I liked this response to the FF-Awards.)

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VirginiaPlath

Fans being positive is better than fans & neutrals disowning you after seeing through all your desperate actssmiley36any publicity is good publicity is the ninja technique of losing your credibility when the topic of debate is leaning towards against the motion category till such an extent that it gets a unanimous disapproval to even qualify as a debate.

Having said that, if not SRK, its RK only who deserved the awards this season but alas....he couldn't have his moment.

I feel like both Ranbir and Alia are currently at the peak of their popularity. They could literally just breathe and it would stir up controversy, that's how influential they are right now. If Deepika had won a Filmfare for Pathan or Ranveer for Rocky Rani, it wouldn't have caused any controversy, The fans would have rejoiced and everyone else would have ignored. SRK winning this award didn't make any headlines either.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

I feel like both Ranbir and Alia are currently at the peak of their popularity. They could literally just breathe and it would stir up controversy, that's how influential they are right now. If Deepika had won a Filmfare for Pathan or Ranveer for Rocky Rani, it wouldn't have caused any controversy, The fans would have rejoiced and everyone else would have ignored. SRK winning this award didn't make any headlines either.

Well If you really think that DP winning for Pathan or RS winning over RK, SRK, Vikrant or even Vicky wouldn't have caused similar or probably worse kind of uproar then I don't know what to tell yousmiley36all I can say is that lumping RK and Alia together is analogically unfair 1stly because RK is a much bigger star & respected actor than Alia is, and even during his peaks (1st one post YJHD, 2nd one currently) despite having his fair share of naysayers he has never been dragged or received hate to the extent Alia gets no matter what one says about him he has organic following to balance out the negativity, like I've said b4 as well I haven't seen any top actress with such a questionable fans is to haters ratiosmiley36

FatalFlaw thumbnail

Well If you really think that DP winning for Pathan or RS winning over RK, SRK, Vikrant or even Vicky wouldn't have caused similar or probably worse kind of uproar then I don't know what to tell yousmiley36all I can say is that lumping RK and Alia together is analogically unfair 1stly because RK is a much bigger star & respected actor than Alia is, and even during his peaks (1st one post YJHD, 2nd one currently) despite having his fair share of naysayers he has never been dragged or received hate to the extent Alia gets no matter what one says about him he has organic following to balance out the negativity, like I've said b4 as well I haven't seen any top actress with such a questionable fans is to haters ratiosmiley36

I feel like male counterparts of female stars usually end up becoming bigger stars because they have more opportunities, better-written characters, and a longer career span. Actresses, on the other hand, often have a limited shelf life with fewer well-written roles. Plus, the patriarchal Indian society tends to grant men the kind of stardom that women can only dream of. Despite all these disadvantages, Alia still has a string of hits that no other actress has achieved in years. Sure, she's more privileged than others, being a star kid and a favorite of KJo, but her success is her own and not solely because of the male stars in her movies. 

VirginiaPlath thumbnail

I feel like male counterparts of female stars usually end up becoming bigger stars because they have more opportunities, better-written characters, and a longer career span. Actresses, on the other hand, often have a limited shelf life with fewer well-written roles. Plus, the patriarchal Indian society tends to grant men the kind of stardom that women can only dream of. Despite all these disadvantages, Alia still has a string of hits that no other actress has achieved in years. Sure, she's more privileged than others, being a star kid and a favorite of KJo, but her success is her own and not solely because of the male stars in her movies. 

My point wasn't just about stardom or the flagrant gender disparity but about the fact that surely top stars have their share of detractors but they have organic fan following to back them, insta comments band karne ki naubat jaldi nhi ati hai that too over a frivolous award win which is supposed to be a moment of pridesmiley36coz even she knows paid PR ke alawa koi nhi aayega defend karne, believe it or not she is doing more harm than good to herself and her credibility with these desperate PR acts lately be it buying awards or publishing LinkedIn CV esque articles, hollywood ka chakkar Babu bhaiya smiley36yahi DP ko le duba tha

FatalFlaw thumbnail

My point wasn't just about stardom or the flagrant gender disparity but about the fact that surely top stars have their share of detractors but they have organic fan following to back them, insta comments band karne ki naubat jaldi nhi ati hai that too over a frivolous award win which is supposed to be a moment of pridesmiley36coz even she knows paid PR ke alawa koi nhi aayega defend karne, believe it or not she is doing more harm than good to herself and her credibility with these desperate PR acts lately be it buying awards or publishing LinkedIn CV esque articles, hollywood ka chakkar Babu bhaiya smiley36yahi DP ko le duba tha

Yeah, her PR seems to be on overdrive these days, but it's not the first time an actress has had an overzealous PR team. Regardless of whether it's Alia or Kriti, I wonder who the target audience is for these PR articles anyway. I mean, people like us who hang out on this forum and scrutinize everything aren't buying it, since we can see through the lies and obvious digs at others. I think there's a big section of Bollywood fans on platforms like Instagram and Facebook who eat up this kind of news. Maybe they're the actual targets. In the grand scheme of things, maybe it works out for the stars.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail

Yeah, her PR seems to be on overdrive these days, but it's not the first time an actress has had an overzealous PR team. Regardless of whether it's Alia or Kriti, I wonder who the target audience is for these PR articles anyway. I mean, people like us who hang out on this forum and scrutinize everything aren't buying it, since we can see through the lies and obvious digs at others. I think there's a big section of Bollywood fans on platforms like Instagram and Facebook who eat up this kind of news. Maybe they're the actual targets. In the grand scheme of things, maybe it works out for the stars.

It usually does but I am not sure if it is working. There are levels to it when u r struggling or on rise then it helps to be in limelight or create perception but when u r already established or on top even such shit negates ur credibility, Akki or maybe Ranveer as well being the biggest and most recent examples.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

It usually does but I am not sure if it is working. There are levels to it when u r struggling or on rise then it helps to be in limelight or create perception but when u r already established or on top even such shit negates ur credibility, Akki or maybe Ranveer as well being the biggest and most recent examples.

So alias on a downward slope ? 

VirginiaPlath thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

So alias on a downward slope ? 

Plateau mein slope nahi hotasmiley36