Tani16 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

We have all been hating on Armaan and rightfully so because of his inconsistent behavior and swinging like a pendulum between 2 girls and love and family. But we also recognize that Armaan is a people pleaser and that is the reason why he behaves like this! See ITV mostly shows arrogant, alpha male protagonists with anger issues who are intensely ego driven and always think they are right. Even the original vaada boy had all these same traits. I understand we are all impatient and cannot fathom why is Armaan not madly in love with Abhira already because she is the most amazing lead! Why is Armaan pandering to Ruhi? Why do we want Armaan to end up with Abhira instead of Ruhi? When Armaan has genuine feelings for Ruhi? 

This is my interpretation:

Armaan does have residual feelings for Ruhi. And that's okay! He fell for her hard, doesn't matter if it's merely infatuation or attraction and gave up on her for his family's sake. He never liked Abhira initially but was forced to marry her to protect her. I feel like a lot of people are comparing it how it was like Lost when V was almost instantly attracted to S after their wedding reception. But here Armaan was NOT! Why is it relevant? Because V was able to get over P easily-while Armaan isn't. His feelings ran deeper. Does that mean Armaan and Ruhi are meant to be together? No. Armaan is just going to fall for Abhira much more slowly. I believe Armaan will realize he has feelings for Abhira very soon but there will be many obstacles in their path forward as he has hidden so much stuff from her. They will have trust issues and he will have to try really hard to build their relationship up. This is the turning point in Armaan's character where he will have to overcome his fatal flaw.

People pleaser signs:

1. You pretend to agree with everyone.

2. You feel responsible for how other people feel.

3. You apologize often.

4. You feel burdened by the things you have to do.

5. You can’t say no.

6. You feel uncomfortable if someone is angry at you.

7. You act like the people around you.

8. You need praise to feel good.

9. You go to great lengths to avoid conflict.

10. You don’t admit when your feelings are hurt.

Now tell me if Armaan doesn't tick every box on the list! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leafy2022 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

He is the weakest ML personality wise in YRRK. Not saying good or bad but he is just weak without any clarity of thought. Doesn’t have the courage to say anything to anyone, vidya, Dadi, Ruhi etc. etc.

I like how you presented your thoughts, but the problem here is that Ar had previously set some boundaries where he treated Ruhi as a friend but also knew she is his brother's wife. But after the hug, he's been getting comfortable with staying in close proximity with Ruhi and that's not okay. smiley21

His one job is to protect Ab as per her mother's wishes - if he still chose to protect ex-gfs feelings rather than comforting Ab, then what's the point?

Dk_2024 thumbnail

Originally posted by: leafy2022

He is the weakest ML personality wise in YRRK. Not saying good or bad but he is just weak without any clarity of thought. Doesn’t have the courage to say anything to anyone, vidya, Dadi, Ruhi etc. etc.

He is not weak. He take stand for his cousins, abhira whenever they need him. 

It is just he is ITV family bahu. Doesn't want any tension in family. 

He feels guilty is also a nice trait, but ha jarurt se jyada guilty feel krega to Ruhi, Vidya and dadi jaise log Armaan ki hi life khrab krenge. So needs to lessen his being guilty mode when he was not only guilty. 

Romanoger thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Sharmas

I don't expect him too fall in love with abhira far from it. He should just be mentor/guardian that's all. As he loves to point out abhira is his zimmedari, toh nibhao zimmedari. Rather he takes abhira for granted and gives her his zimmedari's (mumma ko khana khila do, ruhi ko le aao, Rohit tumhare wajah se gaya).

I expect him to be doormat, but doormat for family not bhabhi. I won't mind if he pinns for bhabhi and have flashback daily or cares for her secretly, but he should draw line in-person for his family. As of now, his priority seems to be bhabhiji not family(job or abhira toh bhul hi jao).

I wish ruhi's dream come true and poddar's thrown this dharti par boj out.

Edited by Romanoger - 2 months ago
Nephy1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

See..its not about people pleasing..

It could be tolerated..

Its about the kind of scenes,armaan's reaction and background songs..

They are saying something else only and cringefest thing is their jeth-bhabhi relationship

Dk_2024 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nephy1

See..its not about people pleasing..

It could be tolerated..

Its about the kind of scenes,armaan's reaction and background songs..

They are saying something else only and cringefest thing is their jeth-bhabhi relationship

Those background music are for ruhi. Ruhi actually fell in love hard and may be she is the only one who is in love in the show. 

The problem is ki wo abhira ko to shi glt ka lecture deti hai but khud jethji ko touch krne ka mauka search krti hai. Jethji k sath dark room me romance expect kr rhi thi, but jethji to apni wifey k liye worried the. 

Even Aaj k episode k according to she believes ki armaan uska husband hai and abhira bich me AA rhi hai. 🤦

Nephy1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dk_2024

Those background music are for ruhi. Ruhi actually fell in love hard and may be she is the only one who is in love in the show. 

The problem is ki wo abhira ko to shi glt ka lecture deti hai but khud jethji ko touch krne ka mauka search krti hai. Jethji k sath dark room me romance expect kr rhi thi, but jethji to apni wifey k liye worried the. 

Even Aaj k episode k according to she believes ki armaan uska husband hai and abhira bich me AA rhi hai. 🤦

Tears were in armaan's eyes..

How could I accept it for ruhi....

If it was from Ruhi's perspective,I would have tolerated it..

I don't have any issues with armaan's feelings also..

Its just their relationship status as well as visible portrayal of those feelings which is very difficult to witness

Dk_2024 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nephy1

Tears were in armaan's eyes..

How could I accept it for ruhi....

If it was from Ruhi's perspective,I would have tolerated it..

I don't have any issues with armaan's feelings also..

Its just their relationship status as well as visible portrayal of those feelings which is very difficult to witness

I skipped their scene so I don't know much details.

Bt ya armaan has guilt for bhabhji, and also may be a little leftover, whatever it was. 

BT ya major issue is their relationship status. Family k samne Ruhi ka focus is on armaan ka DDP is wrong when Vidya needed it. 

But Ruhi consider herself as Armaan wifey so dekhte hai uska dilusion kaun break krta hai 

Nephy1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dk_2024

I skipped their scene so I don't know much details.

Bt ya armaan has guilt for bhabhji, and also may be a little leftover, whatever it was. 

BT ya major issue is their relationship status. Family k samne Ruhi ka focus is on armaan ka DDP is wrong when Vidya needed it. 

But Ruhi consider herself as Armaan wifey so dekhte hai uska dilusion kaun break krta hai 

Hmm...

See for now Armaan is good to be a friend for Abhira..

But right now shipping them is out of question.

Becoz Abhira is shown to be a very different loveable FL..so ML also need to match up that