Really disappointed with Veerat's character assassination & love story

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

I am not a regular viewer so I don't know much about the show's characters and plot. However, I have to say that Veer-Keerat pair was something which attracted me to this show. Even though, I never used to watch the show as a whole, I used to watch all those clips where there used to be Veerat's moments. I was on cloud nine when I saw the clip of Veerat professing their love for each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvmWRY2Lsi4

A few days back I was shocked when I saw the promo where Garry gets married to Keerat. It really created a hole in my heart. I wanted to know why such a promo was introduced and tuned in to watch some of the TMD episodes.

Then, I was shocked to realise how Veer's character was assassinated to such an extreme.smiley38

I know everything is fair in ITV for the love and war of trps but I believe that the makers could have still garnered the trps if they had introduced a different angle to Veerat's love story instead of breaking the pair completely and pairing up one of them with a third person. 

This development of Veerat's story was very disheartening.

Instead of this character assassination of Veer's character from a good hearted man to a monster like abuser, greedy, druggo and rapist man they could have just added some grey shades to Veer's character which he overcomes later with the help of his partner. I mean to say, they could have made the story go like:

Veer turns into a spotlight loving attention seeker after gaining his first success in his career and after introduced into the world of fame, he develops bad habits with his new friends who also introduce him to the world of drugs. After becoming a drug addict, Veer loses his control on himself, therefore getting distanced from Keerat. (which is what happened in the show)

But the main point should have been that Keerat who always loved Veer and recognizes the goodness deep within his heart realises the reason behind the change in Veer. Although, she wants to keep no more ties with Veer, she makes Veer realises his mistakes and makes him realise what kind of monster he has turned into. Veer realises all his mistakes and desperately wants to come out of his drug affected life. Keerat helps Veer to come out of drug addiction and turns him back into the good hearted person he always has been earlier. Veer now a changed man wishes Keerat returns to his life, however Keerat denies to do so as she no longer trusts Veer and wants to compromise with her self-respect. So, Keerat decides to focus on her career and Veer tries to win her back once again.

Honestly, I really hated the pairing of Garry-Keerat even though many like it in SM. Different people different perspectives.

If the TMD CVs had given the same amount of screen space to Veerat's pair that they are now giving to Garry-Keerat's pair since the very beginning then Veerat's pairing and story would have given them what they always wanted: "TRPs".

Veerat's love story had a lot of potential. They could have easily made a slow burn but strong love story of a simpleton musician and a strong willed wrestler.

Instead of that they have destroyed Veer's character to such an extreme where he is irredeemable.

Not just Veer, they have even made a joke of Keerat by making her a weak woman.

If it would have been the old Keerat then she would have kicked Veer's d*ck when he tried to rape her.

Seriously very very very disappointed with the CVs for what they have made Veerat's character and story into!!!smiley18

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mumihp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I agree, they could have made him grey, made fame go to his head until he came back down. But nope, they made hime to be a violent abusive, rapist monster. Even though he did not succeed, he still sexually assulted Keerat. But like big brother her, Angad did the same to Sahiba until she saved herself. Even creep Garry was the same. All 3 brothers have so much in common, abusive, molesters and assholes.

And what has happened to Keerat, where is the strong girl gone, I hope she speaks up tomorrow episode, puts a end to Veer BS and his lying, reveal the truth. And please don't get her married to Garry. He might have been good now but look how lives he ruined, he was abusive to Seerat, gaslighted her ext...

Sahiba was right when said in todays episode, all 3 brothers are the same in regards to women.

So disappointing with the story, Veer and Keerat had a beautiful love story that ended in disaster and there is no coming back for Veer.

masked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aleyamma47

I am not a regular viewer so I don't know much about the show's characters and plot. However, I have to say that Veer-Keerat pair was something which attracted me to this show. Even though, I never used to watch the show as a whole, I used to watch all those clips where there used to be Veerat's moments. I was on cloud nine when I saw the clip of Veerat professing their love for each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvmWRY2Lsi4

A few days back I was shocked when I saw the promo where Garry gets married to Keerat. It really created a hole in my heart. I wanted to know why such a promo was introduced and tuned in to watch some of the TMD episodes.

Then, I was shocked to realise how Veer's character was assassinated to such an extreme.smiley38

I know everything is fair in ITV for the love and war of trps but I believe that the makers could have still garnered the trps if they had introduced a different angle to Veerat's love story instead of breaking the pair completely and pairing up one of them with a third person. 

This development of Veerat's story was very disheartening.

Instead of this character assassination of Veer's character from a good hearted man to a monster like abuser, greedy, druggo and rapist man they could have just added some grey shades to Veer's character which he overcomes later with the help of his partner. I mean to say, they could have made the story go like:

Veer turns into a spotlight loving attention seeker after gaining his first success in his career and after introduced into the world of fame, he develops bad habits with his new friends who also introduce him to the world of drugs. After becoming a drug addict, Veer loses his control on himself, therefore getting distanced from Keerat. (which is what happened in the show)

But the main point should have been that Keerat who always loved Veer and recognizes the goodness deep within his heart realises the reason behind the change in Veer. Although, she wants to keep no more ties with Veer, she makes Veer realises his mistakes and makes him realise what kind of monster he has turned into. Veer realises all his mistakes and desperately wants to come out of his drug affected life. Keerat helps Veer to come out of drug addiction and turns him back into the good hearted person he always has been earlier. Veer now a changed man wishes Keerat returns to his life, however Keerat denies to do so as she no longer trusts Veer and wants to compromise with her self-respect. So, Keerat decides to focus on her career and Veer tries to win her back once again.

Honestly, I really hated the pairing of Garry-Keerat even though many like it in SM. Different people different perspectives.

If the TMD CVs had given the same amount of screen space to Veerat's pair that they are now giving to Garry-Keerat's pair since the very beginning then Veerat's pairing and story would have given them what they always wanted: "TRPs".

Veerat's love story had a lot of potential. They could have easily made a slow burn but strong love story of a simpleton musician and a strong willed wrestler.

Instead of that they have destroyed Veer's character to such an extreme where he is irredeemable.

Not just Veer, they have even made a joke of Keerat by making her a weak woman.

If it would have been the old Keerat then she would have kicked Veer's d*ck when he tried to rape her.

Seriously very very very disappointed with the CVs for what they have made Veerat's character and story into!!!smiley18

You might be disappointed or surprised but this was on the expected lines perhaps.The plan was to make or perhaps turn Garry into a positive character which the CV's did but this could have been done without making Veer into a complete psycho or Keerat shown being married to Garry.

The only consistent characters I have seen on the show with clear logic has been only Garry and Seerat.Angad only plays Divorce games with Sahiba whereas Sahiba ko apne Shaadi tikane ka koi interest nahi hai-she's busy being this Mahaan-Aatma.

Even I have not seen such repeated character twists and Divorce tracks in the Bhagyas.Out of the blue one character turns negative while other character turns positive where is the consistency?

There are other male leads on other shows too in different channels like SP ior Zee TV who are both grey/positive or negative but Angad is an exception.

Whenever he fights with Sahiba there is only one word I hear-Divorce.Why don't the CV's simply just execute the divorce drama between Sahan?

If after more than 300+ episodes he cannot trust Sahiba then it's better he moves on and goes ahead with Seerat.Also I understand that Sahiba is a positive character but she has some brains or not? When Angad repeatedly told her not to trust Garry why was she shown to put her marital life at risk just to bring an evil guy like Garry into the Brars Mansion?

So tomorrow if Veer is exposed by her then also she would bring Veer back into the house right? I know this is fiction but even people in real life are not that much gullible or fool to repeat same mistakes like Sahiba 's character? Where is the logic in her character?

TRP's are required no doubt but which couple can be shipped in the series-Angad and Sahiba have no marital stability/Garry.exploited and divorced Seerat only to fall for Keerat/Fame has gone to Veer's head so much that he has become Garry Version 2.0 for Keerat? 

So why not make Sahiba also a vamp then and turn Seerat positive? There was no logic behind Veer turning negative.Veer has just recorded one song only one proper song and he's behaving like some crazy tantrum Star.Veer ka toh khud ka Vanity Van ya Luxury Bus tak nahi hai.

Keerat was a wrestler not some damsel in distress who can't defend herself.

I have never seen Vanraj constantly demanding divorce from Anupama or  Viraat saying that he wants separation from Sai always though both are not perfect husband material.

More than Sahan there have been some good romantic scenes between Veer and Keerat.I dont remember a proper romantic track between Sahan-kabhi Rumi toh kabhi Seerat constantly both were the focal point.

Why the CV's are not establishing at least one proper single couple in the serial? 

Edited by masked - 1 months ago