Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Who is voting for Anjaam over Main Hoon Na  ðŸ˜¤

Main Hoon Na Satish Shah GIF - Main Hoon Na Satish Shah Tumhari Himmat  Kaise Hui Abhi Tumhe Thikane Par Lagata Hu Mai - Discover & Share GIFs

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Filmistan

Voted for Anjaam as I'm really not a big fan of MHN.

Thank god I ain’t the only one. I watched MHN as a kid but being an adult changes your choices lol, now I find Anjaam much better, and MHN quite cringe.

infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

Main hoon na was cool movie all round even Suzanne’s brother looked so good with Amrita rao n srk n sush as well n the songs 

The only good thing about MHN was Sush and her beautiful sarees, and of course her sizzling hawt chemistry with SRK. Baaki Zayed Khan was a clown as usual, even Amrita was annoying.

infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Main Hoon Na Satish Shah GIF - Main Hoon Na Satish Shah Tumhari Himmat Kaise Hui Abhi Tumhe Thikane Par Lagata Hu Mai - Discover & Share GIFs

Meeee. 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Anjam all the way ! smiley16

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Main Hoon Na Satish Shah GIF - Main Hoon Na Satish Shah Tumhari Himmat Kaise Hui Abhi Tumhe Thikane Par Lagata Hu Mai - Discover & Share GIFs

MHN ws a very syrupy and not that engaging film, kind of incoherent as well. 

ANDAAZ, released in 1994 (anil kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Karishma Kapoor) based on the same story was a much more entertaining film. 

Anjaam was a solid film and had career best performance of Madhuri 

not me it’s main hoon all the way !! 

infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

MHN ws a very syrupy and not that engaging film, kind of incoherent as well. 

ANDAAZ, released in 1994 (anil kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Karishma Kapoor) based on the same story was a much more entertaining film. 

Anjaam was a solid film and had career best performance of Madhuri 

I agree. I have seen Andaz and it was a much better film in comparison to MHN.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: infinity101

I agree. I have seen Andaz and it was a much better film in comparison to MHN.

Andaaz was one of the best and most entertaining film of David Dhawan. 

It could be a block buster, but the very vulgar execution of almost all of its songs made the families stay away (even few female Ngo's protested against the film stated the females been used as sex objects and the lyrics were also very vulgar demeaning the female gender.... may maal gaadi huun dhakka lagaaa... and khada hai khada hai song) 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Main Hoon Na sweeping into victory.

I love Anjaam but I consider it more a Madhuri movie and one of her best (cue Tanya/Gaurav coming in and rigging this poll for Anjaam to win). SRK's character was so deplorable in this that it's the only one where I'm actively rooting for him to die. In contrast to Darr where I'm rooting for Sunny's character to die lol. Both are perfect examples of toxic masculinity.

Back to Main Hoon Na, very excited for the sequel that Farah Khan announced years ago but hasn't done anything with since. This movie was firing on all cylinders. Sushmita looked lovely in her saris, Zayed's only hit, and Amrita becoming an icon for a whole generation. I loved her because of this movie and her Sanjana is still an iconic character (none of the 2010s actresses could pull off this role, save maybe for Parineeti). I agree with Amrita that her popularity with audiences was genuine and not PR manufactured or forced because this character is still beloved to this day.

And for those who don't know, Main Hoon Na was originally supposed to reunite SRK with Hrithik. Hrithik and Amisha were supposed to play Lucky and Sanjana.