StacyStyle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

esha deol divorceEsha Deol and Bharat Takhtani got married in 2012. (Photo: Esha Deol/Instagram)

After 11 years of marriage, Esha Deol and husband Bharat Takhtani announced their divorce. As per a joint statement, the couple said that the separation is “amicable”. Esha is the daughter of Bollywood couple Dharmendra and Hema Malini.

The statement issued to Delhi Times reads, “We have mutually and amicably decided to part ways. Through this shift in our lives, the best interests and welfare of our two children is and will be of utmost importance to us. We’d appreciate our privacy is respected.” Esha and Bharat are parents to daughters Radhya, 6, and Miraya, 4. Esha and Bharat got married in 2012.

Last year in June, Esha and Bharat celebrated their wedding anniversary as Esha wished her husband with a few photos on social media. She shared in the caption, “For keeps for eternity ♥️🧿 @bharattakhtani3 #weddinganniversary #11 gratitude ♥️”. However, speculations about their divorce began after Bharat wasn’t seen at Hema Malini’s birthday last year; he didn’t attend Esha’s birthday celebration either.

In her parenting book published in 2020, Esha had shared that her husband felt “neglected” after they welcomed their second daughter. Esha, in her book Amma Mia, shared, “After my second baby, for a short while, I noticed that Bharat was cranky and irritated with me. He felt that I wasn’t giving him enough attention. It is very natural for a husband to feel this way because at that time, I was consumed with Radhya’s playschool fiasco and feeding Miraya, and I was also between writing my book and dealing with my production meetings. So, he felt neglected. And I immediately noticed the error of my ways. I remembered the times when Bharat had asked me for a new toothbrush, and it had slipped my mind, or when his shirts hadn’t been pressed or when I sent him off to work without bothering to check what he’d been given for lunch. He’s a man of very few needs, and if I couldn’t look after him, there was something wrong. I quickly made sure to rectify it.”

“Bharat is different; he tells me directly, to my face, if he senses a problem. But there may be men who are not so forthcoming. It falls on you to keep the romance alive. I figured that I hadn’t gone out for date nights or a movie with him in a while. So I decided to step out of my tracks, loosen my bun, wear a nice dress and go out with him on the weekends,” she added.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BBOTT thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

aww 

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: lauriesa

So, he felt neglected. And I immediately noticed the error of my ways. I remembered the times when Bharat had asked me for a new toothbrush, and it had slipped my mind, or when his shirts hadn’t been pressed or when I sent him off to work without bothering to check what he’d been given for lunch. He’s a man of very few needs, and if I couldn’t look after him, there was something wrong. I quickly made sure to rectify it.”

Gawd smiley24

Isha always looked arrogant and spoilt to me. But husband seems no less. smiley36

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

So, he felt neglected. And I immediately noticed the error of my ways. I remembered the times when Bharat had asked me for a new toothbrush, and i thad slipped my mind, or when his shirts hadn’t been pressed or when I sent him off to work without bothering to check what he’d been given for lunch.

This excerpt from a parenting book talking of married life after having a second baby. 

Edited by Blueeeee - 2 months ago
Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Sad, divorces are painful and most unfortunate are kids who inadvertently suffer perhaps the most. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Esha Deol was so important to me that I didn't even know that she was married to this guy....

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

What percentage of Bollywood marriages last ? 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Isn't that a worldwide phenomenon? Filmindustries are just among it, I think smiley1

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Not every marriage or relationship has to go on forever. Wishing them both the best!

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: lauriesa

After my second baby, for a short while, I noticed that Bharat was cranky and irritated with me. He felt that I wasn’t giving him enough attention. It is very natural for a husband to feel this way because at that time, I was consumed with Radhya’s playschool fiasco and feeding Miraya, and I was also between writing my book and dealing with my production meetings. So, he felt neglected. And I immediately noticed the error of my ways. I remembered the times when Bharat had asked me for a new toothbrush, and it had slipped my mind, or when his shirts hadn’t been pressed or when I sent him off to work without bothering to check what he’d been given for lunch. He’s a man of very few needs, and if I couldn’t look after him, there was something wrong. I quickly made sure to rectify it.”

Imagine being dependent for such basic stuff. This manchild needs a nanny, not a wife.