Posted: 3 months ago

I was quite apprehensive about watching the episode today after reading some trigerring, demeaning and borderline offensive comments about adopted children and their treatment in the society…

And now after watching the highly disturbing episode I am appalled at the audacity of this so called reputed production house and channel…they are abusing this mass medium to spread so much negativity associated with adoption just to rake in the numbers…The gall to exploit such sensitive subjects without a thought is unreal…and to misuse their creative liberty to promote such regressiveness is beyond disgusting. 

Using a teenager to mouth such crass lines to suit their narrative cannot be acceptable…What Aadhya said today about Anupama using Anuj and all that rubbish about Anupama she spewed made my flesh crawl…the girl is traumatised, fine but making her say stuff that is so cheap and insenstive is outright callous… 

I dont care about who is at fault for her poor upbringing or the lack of addressing her trauma but you cannot have a teenager talk such utter nonsense just to please the online audiences who posted these comments on social media, Aadhya saying them lines puts everyone and everything in poor light… 

Honestly, I dont even know who to feel bad for anymore, certainly not Anuj or Anupamaa who cant see beyond themselves or each other…the poor girl is stuck between two selfish losers…

Unfortunately, there are many innocent and gullible people out there who take this stuff seriously and start making life choices based on what is shown on their favourite show, I’m not kidding this really happens…People start idolising their favourite characters so much that they cannot see reel from real and then go to crazy lengths to defend them and their actions…

And to read comments bashing the girl, calling her all sorts of abusive stuff and blaming her for the pathetic lives and choices of her adopted parents makes me sad, furious and dejected all at once…

Not giving gyaan but please people who have a heart, dont let these fictional characters make you so shallow that you lose the ability to see the right from the wrong, dont be swayed by the fictional world so much that you fail to see the real one…

Edited by hinz - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nivi26 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hinz

I was quite apprehensive about watching the episode today after reading some trigerring, demeaning and borderline offensive comments about adopted children and their treatment in the society…

And now after watching the highly disturbing episode I am appalled at the audacity of this so called reputed production house and channel…they are abusing this mass medium to spread so much negativity associated with adoption just to rake in the numbers…The gall to exploit such sensitive subjects without a thought is unreal…and to misuse their creative liberty to promote such regressiveness is beyond disgusting. 

Using a teenager to mouth such crass lines to suit their narrative cannot be acceptable…What Aadhya said today about Anupama using Anuj and all that rubbish about Anupama she spewed made my flesh crawl…the girl is traumatised, fine but making her say stuff that is so cheap and insenstive is outright callous… 

I dont care about who is at fault for her poor upbringing or the lack of addressing her trauma but you cannot have a teenager talk such utter nonsense just to please the online audiences who posted these comments on social media, Aadhya saying them lines puts everyone and everything in poor light… 

Honestly, I dont even know who to feel bad for anymore, certainly not Anuj or Anupamaa who cant see beyond themselves or each other…the poor girl is stuck between two selfish losers…

Unfortunately, there are many innocent and gullible people out there who take this stuff seriously and start making life choices based on what is shown on their favourite show, I’m not kidding this really happens…People start idolising their favourite characters so much that they cannot see reel from real and then go to crazy lengths to defend them and their actions…

And to read comments bashing the girl, calling her all sorts of abusive stuff and blaming her for the pathetic lives and choices of her adopted parents makes me sad, furious and dejected all at once…

Not giving gyaan but please people who have a heart, dont let these fictional characters make you so shallow that you lose the ability to see the right from the wrong, dont be swayed by the fictional world so much that you fail to see the real one…

What to even say....

I belong to a very small village in Eastern Uttarpradesh and I live there. Yaha sab kuch 200 saal peeche hai. Modern amenities wagairah to sab hain par lekin Human Development koi consumerism se to nahi jaancha ja sakta.

Yaha literally log Filmo aur daily soaps ko real life me follow karte hain. Ye sab chodo... Cheeze etni backward hain ki field me kaam kar rhe professionals tak aise lagta hai ki jaise koi nasha karke aaye hain.

Things are already very hopeless. Us par se aise creative positions me wahi log baithe hote hain jinka reality me aisa koi experience na raha hai aur na unhone ise janane ki koshish ki hai.

To makers ko to bas Paisa banana hai. Waise Paisa banana apne aap me buri cheez to hai nahi. Sahi tareeke se bhi kamaya ja sakta hai. Lekin utni mehnat kaun kare?

Marginalized ka majak uda kar, abuse ko pyar batakar, nautanki karke Paisa banana hi aaj ke jamane me "positive vibes only" kahlata hai.

ShahH8er thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Trollbaaz

Can't expect anything better from shameless shahis. 

Arshi67 thumbnail

Over the years they have introduced innumerable sensitive issues and gone on to butcher each and every one of them. Howsoever much people may view it as ‘just fiction’, it does send subliminal messages that feeds on latent  prejudices. 

The production house has shown zilch awareness of the social responsibility that comes with their position in the medium that they are ruling. The correct way to cut pomegranates and homilies about home cooked food is not  what CSR is. 

A helpless, victimised female lead garners more eyeballs. I seriously doubt they stop to think about the ramifications of using a child to bring her to that state. 

Tulsi_Smriti thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I quit long back for my sanity I only rely on my few friends on this forum.... 

Now after what u described, I will not consider re watching it even in next 10 years.... Trps will fluctuate be high be low.... no matter wat,  I officially disconnect myself from this show.... though I like the forum a lot n will continue to be here....sorry If I missed anyone but I love the way this forum so real ... unlike other social platforms ....

Tagging few ppl whom I felt so positive virtually 

Thanks all....

Edited by Tulsi_Smriti - 3 months ago
Time_to_move_on thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I started watching the show episode-by-episode only after the leap. But I am already bored and find no single character worth watching. To some extent, I found the show funny as it very illogical but of late, it's toxicity levels are soaring. So now only viewing some scenes and skipping everything else!

mehr05 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

I read only WU for Anupamaa. 

Stopped watching the show since Maaya entered. 

Seems eons ago. 

Reason i quit watching was the frustration it built in me. I hardly tolerate Anupamaa's antics n Baa double standards, n others too. 

The Prod makes mockery of sensitive issues, in the name of entertainment. 

Adultery

Infidelity

Domestic abuse

Mental trauma

Depression

Slavery

Unemployment issue

Rape victim

Toxicity

Bullying

Harassment

emotional Blackmailing

Adoption

Daily struggle

Dementia/Alzheimer

They left no stone unturned. 

Btw, wasn't baabuji spiralling in Alzheimer? He got fine? 

N Baa's heart issues? She got fine?

N Vannu depression? He got fine?

Toshu struggled with partial paralysis. He got fine? 

Without any proper medical care? 

Ashita5500 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Yesterday read a comment which stated that adopted children shouldn't feel this entitled. They should forever remain indebted that atleast someone gave them a surname. Was completely shocked and numb at the callous display of such apathy. The show blew the trumpet of being the flag bearer of women empowerment,self proclaimed crusader against all social evils and this is what they offered? Didn't even thought about the repercussions of showing an adopted kid in a negative light especially in a country where majority are reluctant to adopt and have preconceived notion regarding "Apna and Paraya khoon". DKP should be sued for this. Many shows went off air after public outrage or the writers modified the storyline. Something of that sort needs to be done here as well.

HpTheChosenOne thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail + 2

Trollbaaz

Toxicity at an all time high, it seems...

p.s. Same here.... show toh kabka chod diya, lekin yahan pe itne saare dost hai, aaye bina raha nahi jata..🤗🤗

Edited by HpTheChosenOne - 3 months ago
NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Just asking, was the scene with Adhya and Anupamaa confrontation already telecasted? I only saw it just start in today's episode. 

If yes then I was deprived of a much awaited sukoon I needed.