Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

I was unimpressed with the film 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

The movie just dragged endlessly n also it came with the clash lol. In return slb clashed several years later with same star. Regardless slb movies are dark n endings unpredictable or tragic. Regardless I think when comes to Kapoor lad heโ€™s not slb material n boring to see onscreen. 

wat_up thumbnail

Action Alliance

On topic to start their was the clash with oso I saw both as Salman Khan had cameos in both movies though in OSO the song still he was in it. And years later slb clashed with dil se which had srk in it and this time deepika was in his movie bajro mastanti  how ironic lol. ๐Ÿ˜‚ other ironic thing was sawwairya was debut the Kapoor lad n so am and oso deepikas and she was rumored to be with the Kapoor lad at this time. Years later when she clashed with srk whom she was debuting with she was now in relationship with Ranveer Singh lol ๐Ÿ˜‚.  NOW that Iโ€™m done with the ironies n how it seems to be cringey ๐Ÿ˜ฌ..to answer ur question I donโ€™t think the ending would not have mattered. Plus Sonam was waiting on the one she wanted to be with n it would have just been unjust to suddenly be with someone else plus it was white night remake. Yet this Hindi version dragged n was glum n dreary. It was torture not like OSO was so much better as it was like Karz though Karz with rishi is classic OSO dragged with its reincarnation Angle. Though the song with the stars including Salman Preity etc guest appearance was cool n popular in that song. Next post will go more into depth in the topic in hand as this post getting long . 

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Maybe if there was Shilpa Shetty in it instead of Sonam.

wat_up thumbnail

Action Alliance

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I was unimpressed with the film 

ok I tend to watch these scenes mainly https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNc8Z2I3mE&pp=ygUVU2F3YWlycnlhIHNhbG1hbiBraGFu

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Never watched it and had zero interest. 

Is it just because of Ranbir or because of Sonam too that you have zero interest?

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

KJo wanted SRK and Aditya Chopra to cast Sonam in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. I wonder if SRK said no for two reasons both connected to this film.

1) there was still bad blood between the clash between OSO and Saawariya and SRK didn't want to work with an actress associated with a film that he said he would destroy

2) Sonam's film flopping meant SRK didn't trust working with her in his next film and his OSO winning while debuting a new heroine meant he had more trust in launching another new heroine with Anushka.

fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Was the sad ending the reason the film flopped critically and commercially or even with a happy ending, do you think audiences would not have accepted it?

It was a badly made movie my friend.  The only good thing about the movie was Rani.

Rani makes a bad movie worth watching.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: fazgostoso

It was a badly made movie my friend.  The only good thing about the movie was Rani.

Rani makes a bad movie worth watching.

Rani got all the critical accolades. Many people said the film would shine everytime she shows up.

I wonder if another problem with the film was that there wasn't enough audience interest in seeing two star kids debut, especially in what's essentially an art film rather than a blockbuster masala film. Nepotism was not the slur word it is now but compared to OSO, which had SRK at the height of his popularity, this film was always going to struggle as there could never be enough audience interest in two newcomers to match SRK. It may have had a more even chance with two established leads rather than two newcomers supported by Rani and Salman.

Which established stars could have done the lead roles though? Hrithik or Shahid as Ranbir Raj? Amisha Patel playing another Sakina? Or Amrita Rao?

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

Primarily, the theoretical parameters for examination ought to have encompassed the inquiry, "Would the film have attained the status of a blockbuster if the deplorable Sonam had not graced it with her presence?" smiley36

In my estimation, this alternative perspective might have yielded a significantly more favorable response in terms of statistical probability than the initial query you posed.

smiley9