RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Was the sad ending the reason the film flopped critically and commercially or even with a happy ending, do you think audiences would not have accepted it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

It was a badly made movie according to me. The sets looked damn fake. It also failed because Bollywood offered us a lovely mocie6om Shanti Om. 

It might have earned better if not released on the same day.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I fall asleep twice trying to watch that movie but never seen the full film, I only see few minutes. Can you tell me the storyline? sonam looked beautiful but horrible actress. rk was not interested in looking at his face

Edited by Terenaina - 3 months ago
PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Saawariya mein sab vampires the tabhi Din hi nahi  dikhaya smiley24

Edited by PardesiBabu - 3 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Terenaina

I fall asleep twice trying to watch that movie but never seen the full film, I only see few minutes. Can you tell me the storyline? sonam looked beautiful but horrible actress. rk was not interested in looking at his face

Ranbir moves to this town to become a singer and befriends Rani, a prostitute. Ranbir sees Sonam waiting on a bridge and falls in love with her but learns that she is in love with Salman Khan. Salman rented a room in her house and has been away for a year but has promised to return on Eid so she waits every night by the bridge for him to come. 

After 4 nights of spending time together, Ranbir finally admits his feelings to Sonam on Eid but she says she can't love anyone but Salman. Angry he goes to Rani to give himself to her. Rani is secretly in love with him but knows he only loves Sonam and that as a prostitute, she is never destined for love so she rejects him. Sonam accepts that Salman isn't coming so she agrees to give Ranbir a chance but right after, Salman finally comes to the bridge and Ranbir is forced to let Sonam go to be with her true love. 

I never thought Sonam was all that beautiful but she looked stunning in Saawariya and I think looked her best. Reminded me a lot of Sonali Bendre. Ranbir I thought was ugly even back then.

ShamrozSays thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Idk why but i really liked the film!!...was a teenager back then.. loved their romantic scenes & overall chemistry ❤️❤️

Would love to watch again if its streaming on some platform 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Never watched it and had zero interest. 

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

I watched it.... it was horrible. Slow and Never ending ....like a slow poison.... it was beautiful to look at and music was nice. By the time movie neared its end i lost interest as to how it would end. I just wanted it to....err...end. so the ending never mattered at all. 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The story has no purpose with a happy ending. White Nights is a cautionary tale, not a romantic tale. But yes, the hopeless optimist losing without trying at the end is the kind of narrative that goes against everything Bollywood is. 

On a side note, compare Saawariya to Ae Dil Hai Muskil. And you see how Bhansali at even his worst absolutely bodies Karan as a director. 

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

It was a happy ending for Sonam 's character and sad ending for Ranbir's character