Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: HalleNJ

oh wow another remake smiley26. This was another toxic show with remarriage. smiley4. Not against remarriages, but as usual Hindi remakes will always have an angle where the "dead" or "divorced" husband will return and eventually become a great villain - this is to glorify the remarriage and the leads especially the male lead (who was once behaving as a jerk, drunkard and emotionless man hurting the female lead)....lol!

The angle that you describe was on Mehandī Hai Racanevālī, where Mandar's family remembered him lovingly, and his widow Pallavi respected him enough that when her forcibly marrying second husband, violent chauvinistic drunkard Raghav, asked her in Mandar's name to let him prove his remorse, she couldn't refuse. Yet Mandar came back from the dead with no reaction to his family's hardships caused by Raghav, and pursued Pallavi as if his motivation was to provoke Raghav. As you know, I am totally rewriting that track in a fan fiction.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/1763

On Punarvivāha, everything was the opposite of your criticism. The first husband Prashant was always a scoundrel whose own parents disowned him after he dumped pregnant Arati to run off with another woman. Prashant eventually became a rather tragic character who thought he could redeem himself by raising his son, but proved his inadequacy by reacting with disgust instead of reassurance when the frightened boy urinated on him.

The second husband Yash didn't need Prashant as a foil character to glorify him by contrast. Yash treated Arati sensitively and respectfully from the beginning, and their marriage was based on a mutual understanding that they loved their late spouses and only needed co-parents for their children. After a cannabis binge broke their resolve not to get too close, Yash gave Arati the silent treatment out of guilt, but later on, getting drunk made him feel amorous.

I found Punarvivāha unrelatable, but good writers could develop the same premise of two broken-hearted single parents, whose families believe they deserve to find love again, into a modern and authentically Marathi story.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 3 months ago
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

i didnt refer to MHRW. I was saying in general. That has been a pattern in Indian serials. Ex husband is always so wicked and murderous that you forget all the "tortures" done by male lead.

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

How many Hindi (or other Indian) shows even have ex-husbands?

In my viewing experience, it's rare for any female character to remarry. Sundarā Manāmadhe Bharalī ended with Lati's remarriage, and Abhya stayed dead and blameless. I can't think of any others. Gaurav on Jīva Zhālā Yeḍāpisā came back from the dead as an unlikable character so that Siddhi could declare her love for Shiva, but Gaurav was only an ex-fiancé.

Now I'm anxious about Devika's late husband on Niveditā Mājhī Tāī. Will he come back as a Zhuangzi-inspired Daoist to reproach her for fanning his grave to move on with Rajendra?

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago

The promo didnt appeal & predictable and the actress casted as the female lead, she doesnt have the look of single mother.....sorry to say.....but i see comments praising the promo too much. Some praising the new programming head of Zee for launching the promo in a grand manner...but I see two issues here:-

-High budget promo and cast puts production under pressure to garner ratings. 
-Casting popular actors may backfire as they might lose interest fast and quit too if better opportunity comes
-Launching back to back new shows is a risk as none of them will have loyal audience.

Meanwhile pravah is smart, they recycle their channel products and did not spend much for promo and yet they are getting good reach.

natasha_n thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Zee launching back to back shows is going to backfire

Kutla baghu kutla nako asa honar and tya mule kahich nahi baghnar

natasha_n thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Promo is very boring and  cast sudda

Resham thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Ek vel hero thik aahe but the actress doesn't event look like a single mother... 

Pr_b thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Promo khup boring ahey,  depressing watla,  me madhech banda kela...The child actor playing the FL's son was sanju in TCP..kes kaple baba ekdache ...

The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Can someone share the promo link? Not able to find it on IG or YT

iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

मी सुद्धा कालच पाहिला.

कसला बेक्कार प्रोमो आहे.smiley7

Absolutely third class.smiley7

Hero ला काय तो spec दिला आहे..

त्या akkk मधल्या आशुतोष सारखा