Frequent Posters

NazneenA thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Chalo thread aage badhi 😬😁

tgota92 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

To continue our conversation here, idk I feel I’m still waiting around for MJ to really win me over. The character has the potential to and Ayeza can certainly deliver on it, but every time it almost happens we go two steps back. So the potential is there but the show doesn’t deliver. It always keeps reminding us about her games and tactics. And I keep waiting for her selfless side or to see a scene where she realizes her self worth outside of marriage. It’s tough for me. But I still enjoy her 

And I also realise I don’t have to like her to enjoy the story. No character is actually very likeable here anyway lol. They’re all grey. So I’m just taking it one episode at a time without expecting much. Whatever happens at Asif house now, that will be the climax that will lead to the closure episodes so I’m waiting for those because I think that’s when MJ will finally evolve and so will the MJ Zaid dynamic. 

G259 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

People blame Badar for everything but not Zanjabeel.Why is it so?She is  the writer and Badar is the director.Isn't she also to be blamed?

Edited by G259 - 3 months ago
tgota92 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: G259

People blame Badar for everything but not Zanjabeel.Why is it so?She is  the writer and Badar is the director.Isn't she also to be blamed?

I do. I blame her wayyyyyy more lol

The script IS the main flaw in Mein. The direction is also not best and I think Badar didn’t fix any flaws in the script either - but the writing is just TERRIBLE. The plot TERRIBLE. The only good thing Zanjabeel created are interesting characters , that’s it. That’s the hook - but she didn’t flesh them out or create proper sensible arcs for them 

that’s why the entertainment factor is purely “situational” and about good moments- because the narrative backbone keeps flipping on itself every week 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Edited by tgota92 - 3 months ago
G259 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: tgota92

The script IS the main flaw in Mein. The direction is also not best and I think Badar didn’t fix any flaws in the script either - but the writing is just TERRIBLE. The plot TERRIBLE. The only good thing Zanjabeel created are interesting characters , that’s it. That’s the hook - but she didn’t flesh them out or create proper sensible arcs for them 

that’s why the entertainment factor is purely “situational” and about good moments- because the narrative backbone keeps flipping on itself every week 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Exactly this! 

NazneenA thumbnail

Also like you said in the previous thread about Asif locking Ayra that it's too much retaliation in response to her framing. But that's the point. He is a dangerous man with a criminal mind. You can't expect rational behaviour with such people. They will always look at your reaction but not their actions. I mean, see,.even in his monologue in yesterday's episode he thinks humne Kiya kya hai is Ayra ke saat jo ye aise behave Kar rahi 😂 They are sly, vile and unapologetic. That's why they are criminals na. So if you walk into a lion's den it will just kill you🤷

But you are right. I feel,.what Ayra did will never be revealed to Zaid. He will just know how she was the victim. 

In one of my posts, also said yes, Zaid loves Ayra but there's difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. I don't think he is IN love with her. If Ayra and him separate just under normal circumstances or she leaves him due to differences, I don't know why, I feel he will be okay with it in few days. That's what I could make out with their equation. What do you think? 

Edited by arfanazneen - 3 months ago
NazneenA thumbnail

https://twitter.com/terepallehaikya/status/1747659495332077794?t=vhThoi1_IsXtm_Zz5SZxxA&s=19

Actually these fan editors make scenes and pairs more interesting and then make us feel bad ke haaye wasted and unexplored potential 😂

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tgota92

On the contrary, the show has some good amount of continuity for me. May be they try to keep the audience guessing, but each of the characters has been consistently gray. 

MJ: Rude, arrogant- revenge mode on Mohib- desperate to prove he was wrong -marries Zaid who was seemingly distant, but once a good friend - snaps at him when he goes off track- forced to get help and mend her ways when he threatens divorce - plots on how to get rid of second wife, including chalking her unprofessional. She was consistently gray and now she seems to be bitten by the love bug. So her behaviour might appear erratic.

Ayra: wants to keep her rich boyfriend - ditches him when bhai threatens suicide- blasts him when she gets to know she was manipulated - forced into silence by Asif- loses Bhai - refuses to take Zaid back- finally gets convinced by his declaration of love, yet keeps a condition that his dad has to come asking for her hand- tries to dominate MJ (Big mistake, but Ayra will never adjust for anyone because she is very proud of herself )- tries to belittle MJ by making her host reception - gets herself burnt, wants separate house -listens to bhaabhi advice and apologises to Zaid -reacts to MJ's attack and goes against Zaid's interests- wins the deal, loses it- at the lowest point in her life, having her career prospects ruined and she decides to continue reacting to her circumstances - time bomb snowballing into nuclear bomb, with God knows who the casualty wil be. 

Zaid - wants to settle with the girl he 'loves'- rejected by her family - offers to marry her despite that- rejected by her- settles for MJ because one day he has to get married anyway and he's fed up with failed love stories- discovers his father played a game - blames MJ for being available as a single and therefore an excellent prospect in his father's eyes- resentment leads to extreme steps of leaving the family- sincere about divorce, until Ayra stops him- returns to family with an extra wife- tries to understand MJ whom he's protective about still despite her rejection in the past- refuses to walk the dreaded path of love - wants to keep decently good terms with his friend and ex-unrequited love who is now his wife and business partner - natural for emotions to surface when 2 ppl are thrown together. 

Few irregularities, yes- like Ayra should know better than ask MJ if she was ok sharing her husband. Did she ask herself that question? 

Zaid too- vague thing to throw divorce threat and marry bigamy.

MJ- helpless, and apparently mental disorder covers up for clinging on to a guy who doesn't want her. 

These things are there in almost all stories especially to build angst and the promo of this show seemed to indicate there will be situational twists ...so it has not been a rough ride for me, until the whole focus shifted from triangle to both Ayra's and Asif's revenge story. 🤭

As soon as it becomes a triangle, all kinds of rubbish gets written, so that was expected in this show...

And now I have come to expect the unexpected too.

You know how Zanjabeel writes?

: Let's see how the audience will think. Ok let's do the opposite of that and surprise them. 🤭

Edited by chicksoup - 3 months ago
chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: arfanazneen

Also like you said in the previous thread about Asif locking Ayra that it's too much retaliation in response to her framing. But that's the point. He is a dangerous man with a criminal mind. You can't expect rational behaviour with such people. They will always look at your reaction but not their actions. I mean, see,.even in his monologue in yesterday's episode he thinks humne Kiya kya hai is Ayra ke saat jo ye aise behave Kar rahi 😂 They are sly, vile and unapologetic. That's why they are criminals na. So if you walk into a lion's den it will just kill you🤷

But you are right. I feel,.what Ayra did will never be revealed to Zaid. He will just know how she was the victim. 

In one of my posts, also said yes, Zaid loves Ayra but there's difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. I don't think he is IN love with her. If Ayra and him separate just under normal circumstances or she leaves him due to differences, I don't know why, I feel he will be okay with it in few days. That's what I could make out with their equation. What do you think? 

Asif's monologue was hilarious. Humne kya Kiya! 🤣

And the disbelief: love? And him? 😂

If Ayra leaves Zaid he will do what he did the first time. He will try to reason with her. If she still refuses, he will marry someone else, or pehle se hi option hai uske paas toh, he will use it. 🤭