RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

Did anyone else like this movie? It's the second film I've seen with her after Dhadak and I was quite impressed. She should have won the Filmfare for Best Actress.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Watch GunJun 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

She got a Filmfare nomination for that as well, correct? 

As the only Janhvi fan on here (although I have to admit that half the time it seems like you're more making fun of her so I can never tell if you're in earnest or not), which is your favorite film of hers so far?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

She got a Filmfare nomination for that as well, correct? 

As the only Janhvi fan on here (although I have to admit that half the time it seems like you're more making fun of her so I can never tell if you're in earnest or not), which is your favorite film of hers so far?

I only saw two. Dhadak and Gunjun. Gunjun was better but Dhadak has awesome songs 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I only saw two. Dhadak and Gunjun. Gunjun was better but Dhadak has awesome songs 

We are tied then but for different movies. Dhadak and Mili. You should watch Mili. Very gripping performance and unique premise for a Bollywood film, especially a heroine oriented movie. The type of film I could see Sridevi doing if she had been alive today and the right age.

I also had no idea that Vicky has a brother who also acts and plays Janhvi's boyfriend. Much better looking than Vicky imo.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Would have watched it but had watched Mathukutty's Malayalam version (Helen). I read that she did a good job with her performance. And Vicky Kaushal's brother Sunny played her boyfriend... (he was the lead in a webfilm about an illegal entry into England...thought about him when knowing that Vicky would be in Dunki...made up a story in my mind about both of them after having watched Dunki...so sad...)

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Would have watched it but had watched Mathukutty's Malayalam version (Helen). I read that she did a good job with her performance. And Vicky Kaushal's brother Sunny played her boyfriend... (he was the lead in a webfilm about an illegal entry into England...thought about him when knowing that Vicky would be in Dunki...made up a story in my mind about both of them after having watched Dunki...so sad...)

I haven't seen her version yet. Reviews seem to say it's better. Most of Janhvi's filmography seems to be south remakes and usually the original is better regarded. But I agree that she did good and she said it was a very emotionally draining role.

What's the film starring Sunny called?

Clochette thumbnail

It was Shiddat (on Hotstar)...with Radhika Madan, btw. The director had made a fine debut movie with Emraan Hashmi (Jannat), so I was interested.

In Jannat, a supporting actor had been a Samir Kochhar, btw,...when I got to know that Buggu in Dunki would be played by a Vikram Kochhar, I asked myself, if (somehow again) another brother would play in Dunki. (I don't know yet if Samir and Vikram are brothers, though.)

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Shiddat was a great movie 

Clochette thumbnail

Yeah, when I watched the Vicky part in Dunki, I thought of what happened to his younger brother's character in Shiddat... (at the 2nd watch, I cried even before Sukhi doing the act...I shouted "no" to him on screen...but he didn't listen to me...)

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago