Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Novarieaa

No simililarity in the photos you posted whatsoever. 

If anyone Alia did indeed copy, it was Kareena esp her early days mannerisms. 

The comparison with DP is clearly DP fans' projecting their deep disappointment with Alia being married to RK smiley36

ewww who wants rk? I keep saying dp has bad taste in men. But alia did have outfits literally the same as dp and hairstyle also the same. Nothing wrong with being inspired by someone. I don't feel like posting those pictures here but it'll take time url paste and copy. Don't have time to proof this stupid matter. Nothing wrong with being inspired by a famous person's looks. 

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Terenaina

ewww who wants rk? I keep saying dp has bad taste in men. But alia did have outfits literally the same as dp and hairstyle also the same. Nothing wrong with being inspired by someone. I don't feel like posting those pictures here but it'll take time url paste and copy. Don't have time to proof this stupid matter. Nothing wrong with being inspired by a famous person's looks. 

Who wants RK? 

I donno, ask DP 🤷‍♀️

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

She looks horrific and lacks Deepika's height or petite frame. You can tell Alia well end up as bloated as her in-laws sooner rather than later.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

No simililarity in the photos you posted whatsoever. 

If anyone Alia did indeed copy, it was Kareena esp her early days mannerisms. 

The comparison with DP is clearly DP fans' projecting their deep disappointment with Alia being married to RK smiley36

No thank you. Nobody wants that animal 

Ria23 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Who wants RK? 

I donno, ask DP 🤷‍♀️

Behn itna sach nahi bolna

Next thing we know DP PR coming after you.smiley37

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

She definitely has a Deepika complex.  The only people who don’t see it are Deepika haters 🤷🏽‍♀️.  Here’s a Reddit post from two years ago with pictures.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollywoodFashion/comments/ummng7/alia_bhatt_deepika_padukones_similar_looks/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb3x&utm_name=mweb3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

She definitely has a Deepika complex.  The only people who don’t see it are Deepika haters 🤷🏽‍♀️.  Here’s a Reddit post from two years ago with pictures.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollywoodFashion/comments/ummng7/alia_bhatt_deepika_padukones_similar_looks/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb3x&utm_name=mweb3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

It shows in the way she dresses now & how she too got a global ambassador-ship after DP. Now, it doesn’t mean necessarily that this shows she is insecure, per se, but seeing how she acts around her, RK-DP history & then this stuff? She’s definitely vv insecure. She also picks clothes for statuesque women a La her midnight blue sequinned gown on KWK, when she came with DP. 

Poor DP has tonnes of haters but it’s just a fact that tonnes of BW actresses are extremely jealous & insecure of DP. Anushka & Sonam are 2 more who are. Like how all actresses were extremely insecure of Ash, back in the day. 

ETA: Alia is always searching & craving for validation from the K Khandaan. Just watch her around Kareena esp on their KWK, and it’s completely obvious. She CANT believe she finally won her trophy. smiley29smiley36smiley36

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 4 months ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail

What if I say Alia did DP better than DP..Idk but I can actually wear some of the clothes Alia wears..but DP’s styling usually goes above my head and 9/10 times it’s a miss..the only look of DP I liked in recent past was Oscars wala.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Oh wow, I didn't know she had such a long history of this. It almost comes across as disturbing and psychotic like the Indian version of Single White Female (a 90s thriller movie about a plain deranged psycho who becomes obsessed with her beautiful roommate and starts dressing like her, cuts her hair like her, and acts like her in every way).

The funny thing is that in each comparison, Deepika always looks worlds apart. If I showed these pics to a non-BW fan who was not familiar with them, they'd probably identify Deepika as the star and Alia as some superfan who cosplays as her favorite. She seems very insecure and to lack any creative sense of her own identity, first copying a fictional character of Poo to model herself off of and now this.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

It shows in the way she dresses now & how she too got a global ambassador-ship after DP. Now, it doesn’t mean necessarily that this shows she is insecure, per se, but seeing how she acts around her, RK-DP history & then this stuff? She’s definitely vv insecure. She also picks clothes for statuesque women a La her midnight blue sequinned gown on KWK, when she came with DP. 

Poor DP has tonnes of haters but it’s just a fact that tonnes of BW actresses are extremely jealous & insecure of DP. Anushka & Sonam are 2 more who are. Like how all actresses were extremely insecure of Ash, back in the day. 

ETA: Alia is always searching & craving for validation from the K Khandaan. Just watch her around Kareena esp on their KWK, and it’s completely obvious. She CANT believe she finally won her trophy. smiley29smiley36smiley36

Anushka used to be very open about the fact that she felt always underplayed in comparison to Deepika. Isn't there some interview where she bemoans the fact that she was launched alongside SRK one year after Deepika with SRK but Deepika became the superstar overnight whereas there was no such fanfare or campaign for Anushka? 

Aish and Deepika get compared a lot and I'm seeing more and more of the similarities. Not just in being Bhansali's muses but also in terms of stardom and having a very unique and striking look that intimidates their contemporaries. I feel in terms of current actresses who came closest to capturing the popularity that Sridevi and Madhuri had back in the 80s/90s, it would be Aishwarya and Deepika especially as global icons with international reach. Even in terms of the hate they receive, it's very similar and usually because of those who feel they can't capture their goddess image.