Posted: 1 months ago

I think this issue deserves it's own thread  

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1744300517281677636?s=19 

Edited by NathuPaapi - 1 months ago

The question is, why was Lakshadweep neglected all these years?

Edited by TotalBetty - 1 months ago
Originally posted by TotalBetty

The question is, why was Lakshadweep neglected all these years?

Na ji na. If my memory serves me right Rajeev Gandhi Sonia Amitabh Jaya aur videshi friends log waha Gaye the private picnic manane wo bhi INS Virat pe. Bahut intezam hue the unki kharidari ke liye. Just Google Rajiv Gandhi lakshadweep and u might find some article.

Edit - here's one such link 

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/30-yrs-ago-rajiv-gandhi-in-lakshadweep-5720030/

Edited by NathuPaapi - 1 months ago

Originally posted by NathuPaapi

Na ji na. If my memory serves me right Rajeev Gandhi Sonia Amitabh Jaya aur videshi friends log waha Gaye the private picnic manane wo bhi INS Virat pe. Bahut intezam hue the unki kharidari ke liye. Just Google Rajiv Gandhi lakshadweep and u might find some article.

Edit - here's one such link 

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/30-yrs-ago-rajiv-gandhi-in-lakshadweep-5720030/

With Italian in-laws in tow, no less

They came all the way from Italy for this

Why is it named Lakshadweep when there are only 36 islands and islets? Sounds like an exaggeration to me smiley1

No alcoholic beverage consumption allowed anywhere except on the Bangaram island? They may have to have relax those laws a little bit to attract more tourists.

On the controversy - the current Maldivian government caved in (cried uncle!) so I think Indians made their point rightfully and forcefully. Governments change and what was once a pro-India government is now pro-China. Nothing wrong with it, that's international politics for you. India should try harder to exert more influence (positively) on its neighbors not named China and try to keep them all on its side. Of course, Pakistan is a lost cause, so there's nothing anyone could do on that front. That ship has sailed!

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

In January 2024, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Lakshadweep to unveil various projects. 

He explored the islands' natural beauty, even trying snorkeling, as shared on his social media. Unfortunately, this sparked tension with the Maldives due to derogatory comments. 

Indian social media users reacted with a #BoycottMaldives campaign, promoting Lakshadweep as an alternative. 

The Maldives government later apologized, suspended the ministers involved, and clarified the remarks did not represent the country. For more places to visit in Lakshadweep, check out guideoflife.com.