Unpopular opinion/Rant post

MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sunaina7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Respect your opinions 

Personally I don't take fiction too seriously.  It's like I watch 22 minutes episode and then forget about it . You can say I am trp audience 😅

Don't know much about offscreen dynamics so won't comment on that part. 

As for pairing,  gul has never changed her main pairing unless extreme cases like any actor is leaving the show like in Imlie gen 1 happened where gashmeer left. So I am cool at that front too.  Sai Adrija are the main leads and Agastya imlie will be the endgame. 

As you mentioned in today episode Agastya looked like a villain for harshly throwing imlie out and vishwa catching her.  So I am interested why a self respecting girl like imlie will return to a villain Agastya who have always misunderstood and insult her than a hero viswa who never taunted her about bar singing and will Respect her as he seems mesmerized.  At end the heart want what it wants  .

Moreover I am also excited about the stalker killer revelation.  I like mysteries . That's all I have to say 

I hope other members will give better perspective to your opinions 

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

I am going to briefly write my thoughts here 

- if I look from the story perspective Imlie has realized her love for Agastya. We had her go through all the things - infatuation, getting butterflies feeling, intense attraction and then genuinely liking the person. That is why we had the beautiful realization sequence for Imlie - be it Ho gaya hain ya Nahin hona tha. She has fallen in love with her babu and accepted it too. 

- However Agastya is not yet there. He has started liking Imlie and having her around as she has spunk and gives him good tit for tat. She is not the one who bends down to adversities but fights them. Yes Agastya is impressed but is he at love realization phase ? No I don’t think so. 

- There has been lot of improvement in Agastya’s behavior. He tried to have his trust on Imlie and asked her repeatedly if she was being blackmailed but Imlie kept on insisting that she is with Vishwa by her free will. When Imlie removed the marriage symbols something broke in Agastya - like whatever feelings he started having for Imlie he once and for all buried them off. Now he has gone back to original ASC who did not trust girls or the institution of marriage. 

- Yet when Agastya came to know Imlie is in danger he ran to save her. Imlie has realized her feelings so she was praying to go back to her love, her babu. Agastya has not yet realized his love yet he was desperate to save her. The day Agastya gets to know of the blackmail and what all Imlie did to protect him, he would be guilt ridden. 

- we are in for lot of slow burn - it is going to be 1 step forward 2 steps back before both realize their love and have a love confession. Though they consciously have not confessed their love, their hearts have started to beat for each other. Hence the tadap and angst. 

I prefer to not follow the offscreen tamasha so not sure on that. Definitely agree that Sai needs a trim and a haircut and some good styling. 

I don’t consider Vishwa as a parallel lead because whatever he did to Imlie did not have her consent. Agastya did contract marriage but Imlie too consented to it. Whenever Agastya wanted to touch Imlie he asked if he could do so. He definitely erred but then he recognized his errors and did atone for them. Vishwa on the other hand exploited a helpless woman to achieve his motive of revenge. He does not love or like Imlie. His intention of bragging that Imlie is now his is only to emotionally hurt Agastya. Agastya never did anything remotely like that to Imlie. When he hurt Imlie and Imlie went to mami’s house he came and cooked for her and cajoled her to come back. That is why I can root for Agastya and Vishwa will always be an evil person. 

hope I was able to convey my thoughts properly. For me I am liking the slow burn between Agastya and Imlie. Now imlie will hopefully step back as Agastya got the house back. Let Agastya realize the truth and let them again start afresh. Eventually this will lead to them getting married again and this time it will be for Love. 

Edited by PSharada - 3 months ago
PSharada thumbnail

Originally posted by: PSharada

I am going to briefly write my thoughts here 

- if I look from the story perspective Imlie has realized her love for Agastya. We had her go through all the things - infatuation, getting butterflies feeling, intense attraction and then genuinely liking the person. That is why we had the beautiful realization sequence for Imlie - be it Ho gaya hain ya Nahin hona tha. She has fallen in love with her babu and accepted it too. 

- However Agastya is not yet there. He has started liking Imlie and having her around as she has spunk and gives him good tit for tat. She is not the one who bends down to adversities but fights them. Yes Agastya is impressed but is he at love realization phase ? No I don’t think so. 

- There has been lot of improvement in Agastya’s behavior. He tried to have his trust on Imlie and asked her repeatedly if she was being blackmailed but Imlie kept on insisting that she is with Vishwa by her free will. When Imlie removed the marriage symbols something broke in Agastya - like whatever feelings he started having for Imlie he once and for all buried them off. Now he has gone back to original ASC who did not trust girls or the institution of marriage. 

- Yet when Agastya came to know Imlie is in danger he ran to save her. Imlie has realized her feelings so she was praying to go back to her love, her babu. Agastya has not yet realized his love yet he was desperate to save her. The day Agastya gets to know of the blackmail and what all Imlie did to protect him, he would be guilt ridden. 

- we are in for lot of slow burn - it is going to be 1 step forward 2 steps back before both realize their love and have a love confession. Though they consciously have not confessed their love, their hearts have started to beat for each other. Hence the tadap and angst. 

I prefer to not follow the offscreen tamasha so not sure on that. Definitely agree that Sai needs a trim and a haircut and some good styling. 

I don’t consider Vishwa as a parallel lead because whatever he did to Imlie did not have her consent. Agastya did contract marriage but Imlie too consented to it. Whenever Agastya wanted to touch Imlie he asked if he could do so. He definitely erred but then he recognized his errors and did atone for them. Vishwa on the other hand exploited a helpless woman to achieve his motive of revenge. He does not love or like Imlie. His intention of bragging that Imlie is now his is only to emotionally hurt Agastya. Agastya never did anything remotely like that to Imlie. When he hurt Imlie and Imlie went to mami’s house he came and cooked for her and cajoled her to come back. That is why I can root for Agastya and Vishwa will always be an evil person. 

hope I was able to convey my thoughts properly. For me I am liking the slow burn between Agastya and Imlie. Now imlie will hopefully step back as Agastya got the house back. Let Agastya realize the truth and let them again start afresh. Eventually this will lead to them getting married again and this time it will be for Love. 

Tagging other friends too. Somehow it didn’t go in phone

Edited by PSharada - 3 months ago
joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks for the tag.

Truth be told, I am also not interested in the show anymore. That's for several reasons, not one of them being Sai ki acting coz he's really really good as an actor (Im neutral about Adrija as I'm not watching the show for her) - I'm hating the characterization, the story at the moment which is all over the place with multiple plots, the stupid revenge family, his styling in the show, etc. 

Anyway, the reason I'm replying to your post (despite not being very active on the forum) is the below paragraph which I think is totally unfair on Sai.

On top of that, all the offscreen/insta discussions over SaiShi, Sai being absent from the cast get-together at New Years, Adrija's new reel with Abhishek..this is one reason I usually watch finished serials and don't engage in offscreen interactions until I am done watching the show...it affects how you perceive characters, at least for me..

I'm not sure how much you follow Sai offscreen but his family (sister, mom and grandmother) came to Mumbai for the first time to spend time with him and celebrate new years with him. Expecting Sai to attend the cast ki party (which anyway looked crass to me knowing the kind of company Sai keeps) leaving his family alone is an unrealistic expectation. Also, why should he attend that party? He's no longer Agastya once he's off the sets. 

Even if his fam isn't in town, he can have a life of his own and celebrate new years with his friends and other relatives. Do you spend new years with your loved ones or your coworkers? He spends 12 plus hrs everyday working on sets and has a life beyond Imlie too. I'm glad he has friends beyond his work (One should always have friends who are not coworkers). 

Again, just because Adrija posts reel with someone else and Sai with others, should not matter to the viewers. We did not get a single reel/ offscreen moment during Sai ka first show initially (but that couple was still loved onscreen irrespective of the fact that they didn't like each other at all offscreen).

They are actors and need to do multiple projects. I'm sure if either Sai or Adrija get a chance to do an MV in between the show, they will do it too. This shouldn't impact how we perceive them as Agastya and Imlie. Hence, my advice, it's best not to bring offscreen dynamics or issues while watching the show. 

livelytanu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

The issues I have with the current storyline are :

1. Too much importance to Vishwa and revenge family. 

2. Dragging of few tracks. 

3. Not much scope for conflict or kalesh. 😂

4. Vanishing important characters. 

MHRW99 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: joliefemme

Thanks for the tag.

Truth be told, I am also not interested in the show anymore. That's for several reasons, not one of them being Sai ki acting coz he's really really good as an actor (Im neutral about Adrija as I'm not watching the show for her) - I'm hating the characterization, the story at the moment which is all over the place with multiple plots, the stupid revenge family, his styling in the show, etc. 

Anyway, the reason I'm replying to your post (despite not being very active on the forum) is the below paragraph which I think is totally unfair on Sai.

On top of that, all the offscreen/insta discussions over SaiShi, Sai being absent from the cast get-together at New Years, Adrija's new reel with Abhishek..this is one reason I usually watch finished serials and don't engage in offscreen interactions until I am done watching the show...it affects how you perceive characters, at least for me..

I'm not sure how much you follow Sai offscreen but his family (sister, mom and grandmother) came to Mumbai for the first time to spend time with him and celebrate new years with him. Expecting Sai to attend the cast ki party (which anyway looked crass to me knowing the kind of company Sai keeps) leaving his family alone is an unrealistic expectation. Also, why should he attend that party? He's no longer Agastya once he's off the sets. 

Even if his fam isn't in town, he can have a life of his own and celebrate new years with his friends and other relatives. Do you spend new years with your loved ones or your coworkers? He spends 12 plus hrs everyday working on sets and has a life beyond Imlie too. I'm glad he has friends beyond his work (One should always have friends who are not coworkers). 

Again, just because Adrija posts reel with someone else and Sai with others, should not matter to the viewers. We did not get a single reel/ offscreen moment during Sai ka first show initially (but that couple was still loved onscreen irrespective of the fact that they didn't like each other at all offscreen).

They are actors and need to do multiple projects. I'm sure if either Sai or Adrija get a chance to do an MV in between the show, they will do it too. This shouldn't impact how we perceive them as Agastya and Imlie. Hence, my advice, it's best not to bring offscreen dynamics or issues while watching the show. 

Let me add to it 

Actors personal life will never affect the views( in that case no actor should get married or date ) .. if at all it is because of the story which is a disaster  in imlie .. it’s going nowhere smiley24 tracks are all left mid way smiley18

@bold my thoughts as well 👍especially the last line in red !!! 

P.S Strictly my POV smiley1

PSharada thumbnail

Also one important thing we have to bear in mind is that Gul ka show is going to be way slower than Sickand ka show in which Sai was lead. Gul especially has started writing stories very intrinsically - it is not going to go bam bam and that plot line done. It is 116 episodes since the new Generation started and we are still scratching the surface of the storyline. That is the reason this show has been going on for 1000 episodes. This Gen leap will also take around 300 - 400 episodes. 

I feel Agastya’s realization will take another 30 episodes at least and that is if the blackmail thing comes out quickly. They are running 2 stories in parallel - Vishwa’s revenge and the stalker targeting Imlie. 

joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PSharada

Also one important thing we have to bear in mind is that Gul ka show is going to be way slower than Sickand ka show in which Sai was lead. Gul especially has started writing stories very intrinsically - it is not going to go bam bam and that plot line done. It is 116 episodes since the new Generation started and we are still scratching the surface of the storyline. That is the reason this show has been going on for 1000 episodes. This Gen leap will also take around 300 - 400 episodes. 

I feel Agastya’s realization will take another 30 episodes at least and that is if the blackmail thing comes out quickly. They are running 2 stories in parallel - Vishwa’s revenge and the stalker targeting Imlie. 

See I agree there's going to be a slow burn in Gul shows unlike Sickand shows (he wrapped tracks coz he didn't give a logical story, the fans rightly bashed the poor writing, the low trp and fear of being axed). Gul will take her time to establish the story and have a lot of misunderstanding and angst before the love story happens. That's her strength, writing the slow burn love track. 

Having said the above, I've seen Geet and IB when it aired and trust me Imlie has a lot of things lacking story wise too. Of course comparing it to what's being dished out on ITV today, Imlie is impressive but if I were to compare Imlie to her own classics like Geet and IB (I've not seen IPK) this one is majorly lacking story wise. Execution and acting have always been good in her shows so no complaints there. 

Ak2019 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Just my opinion. Not everyone may like it. These are a few things that I have noticed recently.

1. Though we all want to keep on-camera and off-camera things aside to be professional. It is challenging to have a clear boundary. Only some people in the set may be mature enough to differentiate. Something happened that is affecting the ongoing episodes.

2. The energy Sai and Adrija had in initial episodes has lowered not sure if it is due to tiredness or something else

3. The importance of Agasthya's character appears to have been downplayed for the last two weeks. It may be related to the story, too. But the strong presence that Agasthya had in initial episodes cannot be felt anymore.

4. Vishwa's character is being forced on the viewers. The last scene in today's episode could be portrayed better. Imlie, who is traumatized and hurt, was saved by Agasthya to be thrown out in her vulnerable situation. he could have waited at least 1 day for her to be thrown out. He could have revealed the house information but delayed the revenge act. What do we call a person with this behavior not a hero? 

5. Vishwa catching when Imlie fell showed him in a better light. I hope the off-screen drama is not playing any part in this. 

Any production team may prefer to avoid dealing even with the best actor with baggage. Unfortunately for Sai, his fandom is his baggage. I hope his fandom does not destroy his career because of the extreme love for him. After the hate comments on Twitter and YouTube for his character, I am still determining how many actresses would be comfortable working with him. His fans on Twitter don't even spare him. They assassinate his character if he talks well with his actors. He has a life, too, and he is only an actor by profession. 

6. Every production house wants the Leads to promote the show through reels. All leads, even married ones, are promoting the serial with co-actors. But Sai and his coactors get targeted if he does it. He and his co-actors get judged and shamed for everything.

7. I have seen  Adrija in "Durga and Charu". She is the same, and nothing has changed. She does reels with coactors. The shaming and name-calling she is enduring is extreme.

8. Sai will become a Liability for any production house as he cannot promote and needs to go into a shell only promoting his pictures his old fans want, even in new serials.

Sometimes, I get a serious headache when I read the fan's comments. They stoop low when things don't go their way. He has to keep feeding their fantasies.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Edited by Ak2019 - 3 months ago