Gags05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

Hi everyone,

Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year.. 😊

I just came here to ask something, out of sheer curiosity.

Basically I was an ardent fan of TMD once, in fact so much so that this show made me active on this forum, after being a silent reader & lurker for so long..

I loved the pairing of the 6 main characters initially, and after binging some of the episodes of the OG Gaatchora, I was actually really excited for it to translate into similar scenes into TMD..

But alas! That never materialized, and eventually, after Gary's exit initially, I stopped watching TMD.

And as it happens, I again started skipping some, watching some and keeping track of the current storyline.. Coming to my query, would really love to know, what keeps you all hooked onto watching this series even now.. Pls dont take this as a rant, I am just interested to know.. how does a series which initially offered 3 love stories of 6 characters, still is maintaining high TRPs without properly showing even one of them.

P.S - In case anyone is interested, hotstar has started telecasting Gaatchora's hindi dubbed version titled "Mere Rang me Rangne Wali" starting today 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I watch it for Sahiba. I find her to be a  character that one can root for. She's strong yet vulnerable. Her hearts in the right place.. she's flawed but you know she does right by others. She's potrayed really well by Himanshi who adds a lot of earnestness to the character. 

Vaidehi49 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I was a VJ fan so yes, I watched show for VJ.

During initial episodes I was hooked with sahan. 

Later episodes I started rooting for veerat . 

So currently I do not ship sahan ( for obvious reasons )

I only watch nowadays for veerat. Woh bhi naseeb se milta Hain πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

So yes Nowadays I am only binge watching hotstar veerat scenes to keep my sanity in check. 😍😍

N_n_n_n thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Watch it for Vj n himanshi

Angad sahiba suck but VJ Himanshi rock

shanakanj thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I started watching due to VJ but in the process I liked Himanshi also.

As of now watching for VJ and Himanshi. The sahan story sucks but i still continue to watch bcoz of Vijanshi. They look so perfect together but there is no trust . PH has ruined the pair. 

N_n_n_n thumbnail

Originally posted by: shanakanj

I started watching due to VJ but in the process I liked Himanshi also.

As of now watching for VJ and Himanshi. The sahan story sucks but i still continue to watch bcoz of Vijanshi. They look so perfect together but there is no trust . PH has ruined the pair. 

Yes, PH is terrible but actors r amazing. And I don't want actors efforts should be wasted bcoz makers can't write a good story 

Gags05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I relate to what you all said about Himanshi's character and the actor. And even VJ is one of the strong actors right now on ITV. But what I couldn't relate to the constant bashing and blame game on only Sahiba's character and almost nil redemption.

I mean, whatever happens ultimately becomes her fault, and even if there's one step forward in her direction by anyone, eventually it becomes 4 steps away from her.

Even other similar MLs like Arnav or shivaay (who had their own red flags), used to side with their respective partners Khushi and Anika even when they did blunders. But here everything and everyone goes against Sahiba. Kind of 24*7 agnipariskha and for what? Not like, she ever gets her due.

Take the current track for example. She saved their home from being bulldozered, and all the egoistic Brars can see (esp. Angad) is that she took Garry's help...

R.I.P. common-sense!

N_n_n_n thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gags05

I relate to what you all said about Himanshi's character and the actor. And even VJ is one of the strong actors right now on ITV. But what I couldn't relate to the constant bashing and blame game on only Sahiba's character and almost nil redemption.

I mean, whatever happens ultimately becomes her fault, and even if there's one step forward in her direction by anyone, eventually it becomes 4 steps away from her.

Even other similar MLs like Arnav or shivaay (who had their own red flags), used to side with their respective partners Khushi and Anika even when they did blunders. But here everything and everyone goes against Sahiba. Kind of 24*7 agnipariskha and for what? Not like, she ever gets her due.

Take the current track for example. She saved their home from being bulldozered, and all the egoistic Brars can see (esp. Angad) is that she took Garry's help...

R.I.P. common-sense!

Other shows also have kalesh bit they show light moments also. This show has stopped doing that. Only kalesh, no light moments or break

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gags05

R.I.P. common-sense!

Agree 100%. You have written it beautifully. Exactly what i feel.

Thats why I am annoyed and frustrated too

I really wish Angad would for a change stand by his wife instead of bashing her and understand that she has reasons for not telling him something and she is entitled to have an opinion divergent from his and she still should be respected even if he doesnt agree with her. 

I get so pissed when I see him hold up a hand to command her from even giving an explanation as if she is his slave to obey his orders or is SO quick to say he doesnt trust her despite everything she has done for him

VJ as a performer is good but he cannot salvage a poorly written character. I have had complaints with his performance in certain tracks where he looked too blank and never showed any softness, concern for Sahiba in his body language, eyes or tone of speaking.

I wont compare Angad to other red flag MLs like Shivaay or Arnav because I think in retrospect it looks like maybe they were better than Angad- but tbh, I think they all suck. They are all examples of glorified toxicity. I didnt watch those 2 shows regularly- seen it in bits and pieces so cant really accurately compare anyway.

Now my hope is makers will make Sahiba will lose her cool and tell him she wont put up with his blame game, insults and aggressive behaviour anymore. If he wants to talk it out like a mature person, great. If not, she should ignore him and do what she wants. Wanna see badass, fierce Sahiba who wont change her opinion or lay low just because Angad says something.

I'd like to see her just say "SHUT THE F UP" to Angad and manbeer

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Hansraj