AbhiMaan/MaaHira FF : Jealous Junkie Part 5 on pg-7

Ambii thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

AbhiMaan/ MaaHira FF : Jealous Junkie

The clock struck 7 a.m. The Sun has risen above the horizon long ago. Armaan had been working on a case the entire night and hence was a little late to realise the daybreak. Stacks of paper, filles all piled up on the living room round table. Armaan was soaked in work all night and now his eyes were sore from stressing on the laptop screen. He shut it down, slouched on the white couch, closed his eyes which held stinging pain and just then the door behind him opened. It was Abhira, rubbing her eyes, half yawning, hair tucked in a ponytail and wearing her yellow minion night suit. 

She looked at Armaan who was now laying with his head perched on the cushion. Those taxing lines on the forehead, puffy eye bags from working all night made her heart sink. Because the reason was HER . She was the reason, he met Dadisa's wrath. She was the reason he had to leave his family, his home. She was the reason his own Maa sa would not talk to him. She was the reason he had to join another law firm. After Dadisa protested against her going to college, Armaan fought for her. He went against everyone to fulfill HER mumma's last wish. He was abandoned from Poddar law firm as well. After staying in a hotel for five days, they moved to their new apartment. It was a furnished two BHK. They both took the master bed room for themselves and converted the other room as a study. But Armaan preferred working in the living space. He loved how airy and spacious it was. In the mornings, it filled with sunshine and at night it lit with the moonlight flooding in. Abhira had just yesterday planted the gardens with periwinkle and pignuts. The greens made the place look even more lively. 

It had only been a week here but she had certainly started to enjoy it. They spent the previous evening shopping for essentials and the previous night before that assembling the new furniture pieces. Abhira had started her college three days ago. After checking with her college advisor, she had transferred to a new college in Udaipur for her final two semesters. Life surely was not easy but she had learnt to live with this unpredictability anyway. 

Abhira, the new cook will come in starting today said Armaan bringing Abhira out of her musings. 

Armaan, you didn't sleep the entire night ? 

Nahi baba, I have a court proceeding today, was preparing for it the entire night. 

Toh tum abhi ja kar ek nap le lo. It's still time. 

Nahi Abhira, one cold shower and I'll be good to go.

Just then the bell rang. 

Itni subah kon hai ? chirped Abhira

Abhi btaya na, cook hoga, I hired him yesterday evening, while you were in college. 

Kamal hai mujhe bina btaye tumne cook bhi hire kar liya she said moving towards the door. 

Abhira opened the door and was greeted by a pair of enthusiastic eyes. The grey almond shaped eyes glistened under the morning sun, the boxy smile and a large hand waving at her. He wore silver rings in his index finger and thumb, a black crystal bracelet, clean shaven with soft curly brown hair, damn this cook was young contrary to what Abhira had thought.

Hello Ma'am, I am Kabir. Your cook. 

Good Morning Kabir, I'm Abhira. By the way, is this your first gig ? 

I know mai bahut young lagta hoon ma'am & that's because I AM !! I may be this cute 23 year old but this is my fiftth gig. I actually started working at 19. 

And I am 21, tumse choti hoon mai, please don't call me ma'am. Just Abhira will work. 

Sure Abhira 

Sure Kabir..a..Our names rhyme see ! said Abhira laughing like sunshine. 

Armaan heard her laughter and still laying back at the couch, his lips curved in symphony too. His exertion eased. He felt being recharged. As he opened his eyes and got up, he saw their cook and Abhira walking towards him. Under the morning glory, they both were giggling like two newfound friends. Armaan felt a new feeling creep in. Something uneasy, so very uncomfortable so very restless. 

So Kabir..a.. what are you cooking for us today gleamed Abhira. 

At your service ma'am, whatever you wish ! he said bowing low laughing leaving Abhira chuckling. 

The restlessness grew, the uneasiness grew into a sensation almost sort of a sour sensation, Armaan felt eerie . His heartbeat grew faster. He felt weak in the knees. He felt sick . 

Tum poha bana do, Armaan really likes it ! But before that make him a cup of green tea, it relieves fatigue said Abhira. 

The sourness turned bittersweet now. His eyes met hers as she smiled at him. It was no longer sour, it was all sweet now.  

While Kabir prepared the breakfast table, Abhira & Armaan got ready. Abhira told Kabir to join them for breakfast. The tension within Armaan's body grew. At the breakfast table, it was all about Kabir's life story. How he signed up with an agency to make money out of his passion for cooking while he was studying Engineering. Even when he was doing his master's in Engineering, he would still take up gig work. In fact his and Abhira's college was not far away. 

This Kabir has a knack of cracking jokes while storytelling, Abhira did laugh hysterically at two of them precisely, Armaan thought. Has she ever laughed at me like that , NEVER , because with me she is always wanting to fight. 

Every crackle make Armaan twitch his ears, flinch his eyebrows and harden his jaw. He was the only one sitting solemnly at the table. The sensation was no longer sour, it was burning hot now. Why had she never laughed at his jokes so wholeheartedly, was it because this Kabir, was of her age. Was she finding him attractive? Could it be his curls, his grey eyes, his humour or his cooking ? Why was she paying so much attention to him ??!! Why did it pinch him so hard. Every word exchanged between them, whyyyyy?!!! 

The table was winded up. Soon it was time to leave. Armaan would drop Abhira off to college on his way at work. Abhira picked up her brown tote bag from the table. 

Meet you guys at dinner said Kabir while leaving. 

NOT REQUIRED said Armaan seethingly with hands in his pockets and fuming red ears. 

Part 2- Page 2 

Part 3 - Page 4

Part4 -  Page 5 

Part 5-  Page 7 

Edited by Ambii - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hurrom thumbnail

Amazing.....smiley1

sim.07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Nice 👍 please continue. 

Thanks 😊

priyabehera thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you smiley27, when will part 2 come out 

Ambii thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thank you so much ! 

8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Loved the concept of armaan jealousy for abhira, very excited to read more , please continue soon 

Ambii thumbnail

Sure:) thank you 

Divyanshi123 thumbnail

It was nice

Waiting for your next update 

Ambii thumbnail

Working on it ! Super soon 

Ambii thumbnail

Thank you so much !