निवेदिता माझी ताई Niveditā Mājhī Tāī on Sony Marathi - 15 Jan 9 pm - Page 7

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 months ago

Sumitra went too far, accusing Asim of causing her family's problems ... squeezing his face ... raising her hand to strike his face.

No matter how stressful an adult's life is, abuse of a defenceless child is inexcusable.

Nihar sounded like a bigot from a hundred years ago, accusing Asim of gobbling up his mother and father! If anyone who watches the show still talks like that about orphans, the stigma needs to be confronted and eradicated, not portrayed as ordinary badmouthing.

Sumitra really needs a vacation to clear her head.

How can she say that Rajendra returning or not returning makes no difference? She has good reason to detest him, but he's the breadwinner of their family. Without Rajendra's paycheck, or even if he faithfully sends it after deducting his own expenses every month hereafter, won't Sumitra have to worry about how she will keep Nihar in college after Nivedita gets married?

Finally, Asim met Rashi! It didn't go well, hair-pulling and all! That was a surprise; I thought Yashodhan would have told Rashi nice things about Asim and enlisted her to make him happy, but instead, Rahane Kākū taught Rashi a bad word: apaśakunī.

Is there a character who could talk to Rashi and Sumitra and Nihar, to cure them of this tendency to justify prejudice with superstition? It would be ironic if tarot-reading Radhika spoke up in opposition to victim-shaming, pointing out that she talks to the spirit world only to encourage people's efforts to improve their lives, not to find scapegoats.

Ashvini has hinted to Malati that she chose Makarand Patki for Nivedita because it may be destiny for mother and daughter to suffer the same misfortune. I thought Ashvini's hint meant that Makarand would be unfaithful to Nivedita.

Now it's clear that Makarand likes Nivedita at first sight. Thus, it's unlikely that he has a girlfriend/boyfriend to surprise her. And his mother Savita wants to make sure that Nivedita doesn't have a boyfriend.

So, what makes Makarand so detestable that Ashvini wants Nivedita to be stuck with him?

Does Makarand have a bratty child? Does he travel by rickshaw because he lost his car in a divorce dispute?

Sony Marathi wished Anupama Takmoge (Malati) a happy birthday a day or two ago.

I wish her a long, healthy, happy life, and I hope to be entertained by her acting for many years more!

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Ashvini has hinted to Malati that she chose Makarand Patki for Nivedita because it may be destiny for mother and daughter to suffer the same misfortune. I thought Ashvini's hint meant that Makarand would be unfaithful to Nivedita.

Now it's clear that Makarand likes Nivedita at first sight. Thus, it's unlikely that he has a girlfriend/boyfriend to surprise her. And his mother Savita wants to make sure that Nivedita doesn't have a boyfriend.

So, what makes Makarand so detestable that Ashvini wants Nivedita to be stuck with him?

Does Makarand have a bratty child? Does he travel by rickshaw because he lost his car in a divorce dispute?

Either Makarand is already married or has a child from an affair. If the latter is correct,  then Nivi should definitely agree to marry Makarand and accept the child as she is busy preaching her mom and advising her brother to accept Asim.

Makarand's arrogant behaviour with Yashodhan came out of nowhere.

When Makarand arrived, there wasn't a shot of him looking to his right, where Yashodhan stood scowling. Even when Ashvini looked in Yashodhan's direction, Makarand didn't seem to follow her cue to taunt "those who can't make it past the gate."

Yashodhan was standing next to Satya. From Makarand's point of view, Ashvini could have been taunting either or both of them, unless Ashvini has shown Makarand a photo of her brother-in-law for some reason.

Why would Makarand single out Yashodhan to hail a rickshaw for him, instead of Satya or Gundya? Should we guess that Makarand is aware that Yashodhan likes Nivedita?

Calling him "Mechanic!" implies that Makarand hasn't guessed that this is Asim's Dhanya Dādā at the window.

Yashodhan: "Nivi is only mine, and she must remain only mine!"

Makarand: "Nivedita must become only mine!"

The dialogue writer has made a daring choice to depict both characters so similarly. Is it enough of a distinction that Makarand has an ominous history: last time, he was in a hurry, and something happened?

Where did Makarand get photos of Nivedita posing like a fashion model?

It was sweet of Asim to say "thank you, Duryodhan Dādā" with a hug after Sumitra introduced him as her son.

Asim's joy was short-lived, as Sumitra soon showed her true feelings.

In the scene of Vinayak reasoning with Sumitra to let Nivedita have time to get to know Makarand, the actor who plays Vinayak (tell me his name if you know) used his voice very effectively. His tone was soft and pleading without being plaintive.

I felt sorry for Sumitra when she broke down, and even when she yelled at Asim to devour her (well performed, Asmita Ajgaonkar!), but Nivedita should tell Sumitra that she doesn't want to be like Rajendra and deceive her spouse.

Of course, Nivedita is too worried about Rajendra's disappearance to think about how to argue with Sumitra.

HalleNJ thumbnail

The actor playing Vinayak is Kedar Shirsekar. Good actor. I wish he has more scope.

Yash is also a possessive character. Not sure how are they going to proceed this. Nivi uses him as punching bag and then hugs him and then scolds him and then cry to him. And then looks like she might agree to marry Makarand for her mom. Such an unpredictable character.

Aseem and yash scene was so cute  

How can the Inspector promise to locate Rajendra? He had correctly pointed out that when someone disappears voluntarily, the police cannot get involved.

The police have limited resources. How are they supposed to investigate the hit-and-run that killed Devika - a crime - if they waste their time, cars etc. searching for a man who left his family - not a crime? If the family wants to find Rajendra, they should hire private investigators, or call the news media, or put up posters with his photo, or call an NGO ...

In other news, Makarand's hostility towards Yashodhan is being retroactively motivated by the sight of Nivedita hugging Yashodhan. However, Yashodhan being Ashvini's brother-in-law may still be unknown to Makarand.

Nobody asked about Makarand's father or siblings or any extended family. Are those questions only for Nivedita's family?

Now that Nivedita has agreed to marry Makarand, shouldn't she insist on telling him the truth about why he may never meet her father? At least, so that when Asim inevitably lets out the secret that everyone else guarded, Sumitra won't hate him even more?

Other than all of the characters not clearing up misunderstandings, as I've mentioned before, how can Vinayak say with a straight face that the best thing about Makarand is that Ashvini knows him? Vinayak knows that Malati, Ashvini, and Ketaki are celebrating Sumitra's pain while faking concern for her. Vinayak has heard Yashodhan accusing these three of playing the video to ruin the anniversary party.

Nivedita doesn't know about that, but she knows that Ashvini tried to snatch her job for Ketaki. How can Nivedita trust Ashvini to find her a husband?

Where is Radhika, the whole time her niece's marriage is being arranged by her niece-in-law?

HalleNJ thumbnail

I think this show has limited number of episodes like any other 9pm shows in Sony. Everything is moving in jet speed since day 1. Now that Nivi agrees to marry Mak, looks like Yash won’t confess his love anymore. But the way Nivi stares at Yash seeing his reaction to that marriage news makes me wonder was she expecting him to react differently. 

Makarand is so sweet, putting up so many photos of Nivedita with curly hair! And he's an artist who made a beautiful sketch of her! He also volunteered to make tea, so he doesn't believe that it's unmanly.

Too bad he gets irritated when her phone rings while he's speaking ... and he's hiding his prior marriage ... and he stiffed Paranjape Gurujī on the dakṣiṇā - er, bribe to rush this wedding too!

Was Makarand's opposition to tallying horoscopes a hint that there's a defect in his? I don't believe in pressuring couples to marry or not marry based on horoscopes, but wouldn't Radhika the tarot card reader have some opinion about Nivedita finding a compatible partner?

Vinayak reminisced that Sumitra and Rajendra had performed all of the rituals of Abhay's wedding, and until Vinayak returned, Ashvini regarded Rajendra as her father-in-law. This absolutely contradicts Vinayak telling Ashvini to be quiet because his quarrel with Rajendra happened before she was married.