Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Synopsis from Sony Marathi's YouTube channel:

When a man brings home his six-year-old son, born to a woman he had an affair with, his family is heartbroken at the betrayal and refuse to accept the boy. However, his daughter, Nivedita, embraces the child with open arms and takes up the responsibility of mending the family's bond. Will she succeed?

Episode 1: Taicha Pahila Divas

It's Nivedita's first day of work and her proud father, Rajendra, gives her gifts while her friend, Dhanya, surprises her with a bouquet of roses. Nivedita gets assigned a new project at work.

Edited to add: Six-year-old? Why is he sitting below a sign that says "high school and junior college?" Asim and the bullies look at leat ten years old.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 3 months ago

Behind the scenes from Makara-Saṃkrānti kite-flying on set. Ashok Phal Dessai praises Rudransh Chondekar's grasp of what the director expects from him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWJ1E5IFnc

Ashok Phal Dessai mentioned celebrating Makara-Saṃkrānti on set for his previous serial (Jīva Zhālā Yeḍāpisā). Fans may recall that in that scene, Siddhi flirted with Shiva for the first time, he got distracted and lost control of his kite.

This time, according to a BTS from Sony Marathi's Instagram, Ashok Phal Dessai stepped backwards into a curb, but fortunately didn't trip.

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Very good intro episode.

Nivi lives with her family (dad, mom and brother) she is an interior designer- she has so much love and respect for her dad.

But he has a "another" family - aseem and his mom and nivi & family is not aware of it.

Yashodhan (Dhanya) drives (chases) nivi to work just to gift and wish her on first day of work. He works in a car workshop and has two assistants who tease him with nivi. He likes nivi but not able to express to her.

It's nivi's first day of work to a school (where aseem is studying) and they show her walking towards aseem, his mom and the dad.

Good start.

All are acting so well. The kid is fabulous.

Mandar's (ashok) parents in mhrw is Nivi's parents in NMT smiley4

All of the child actors' acting looks so natural - the bullies too!

Nivedita's expressions when Sumitra wished her to marry a well-settled, well-bred boy suggested that Nivedita has someone in mind who isn't so respectable.

I didn't like the ding sound and "dhakkā start engine" joke about Yashodhan's friend with the speech impediment getting the words out as soon as he's hit on the back of his head. Inclusion of characters who are different is good; portrayal of their struggles is good; jokes about how to make them normal by force aren't good.

It's commonplace for Indian daily dramas to show a rift in the family or between neighbours. On Jīva Zhālā Yeḍāpisā, Shiva painted a line down the middle of the house because Mangal was making Siddhi's life impossible, and on Mehandī Hai Racanevālī, Vijay painted a line just because Milind tried to help pay the bills. I am glad that the feud between the Deshmukhs (Nivedita's family - Rajendra, Sumitra, Nihar) and the Naiks (Yashodhan's family - Vinayak, Malati, Abhay, Ashvini, Rashi, Ramanath, Radhika, Ketaki) on Niveditā Mājhī Tāī is more complex.

The two families are related by the marriage of Rajendra's sister Radhika to Vinayak's brother Ramanath, and they live across from each other in Samkalp Society. Yet when their paths cross, Yashodhan can't predict how they'll behave.

Rajendra is too angry at Vinayak to use the pen that was Vinayak's present to him when Rajendra got a promotion. Nevertheless, Rajendra gives credit to Vinayak for suggesting interior decoration as a career for Nivedita. And Vinayak would congratulate Nivedita if Malati didn't hold him back.

Nivedita's education and employment compared to Yashodhan's garage business is a sore spot for Malati. Malati is so spiteful, she tries to knock the peḍhe to the ground just because Sumitra is sharing her joy with everyone. Malati also gives Vinayak a bitter drink to get rid of the sweet taste. Does this mean that Malati instigated the fight between Vinayak and Rajendra?

At one time, Malati and Sumitra were so close that they bought identical sāḍīs. Malati doesn't like to wear that sāḍī anymore, while at the same time griping that Sumitra never buys clothes of her own liking and always wore Malati's choice, but apparently Sumitra has no problem. I like that Malati's villainy so far isn't all-consuming; she scoffs at Yashodhan's work, but she is sensible in contrast to her status-obsessed daughter-in-law Ashvini, and she is a caring grandmother.

Although Sumitra didn't exclude the Naik family from her distribution of peḍhe, Radhika feels hurt that she wasn't informed immediately, and had to find out like the rest of the neighbourhood. Radhika and Ramanath feel torn between dinner invitations to celebrate Nivedita's job and Yashodhan's big contract.

Ashvini spurns Nivedita's show of respect, Abhay smirks rudely, and Ketaki comments unkindly. I hope this won't be a typical outrageous story about the entire in-law family bullying the heroine.

Disapproving sāsū ... check!

Dismissive zāū ... check!

Venomous naṇanda ... check!

Only one supportive woman in the household, and that's her own Ātyā!

HalleNJ thumbnail

Well as per the leads interviews, the story is a light hearted drama. 

And what u stated as typical outrageous story is a typical plot for most trp garnering shows. Two more coming soon in Zee Marathi and many cheering for it. So please don’t call them outrageous smiley1

Btw, Aseem and his Pari Tai meeting was done so well. You just get connected to them. 

The families have big issue but somehow they are connected. I think the occupation of the leads indirectly conveys their roles. Mechanic will repair the relationship and interior designer will build and make it better from inside. 

Vinayak says that he would have supported Rajendra if Rajendra had done something dishonest.

When Rajendra's decade-long adultery is exposed, I suspect that Vinayak will throw the first stone. Of course, Rajendra deserves to be shamed by everyone for being untrustworthy.

The feud is even more complicated than I had thought. Vinayak had embezzled money to pay for Yashodhan's garage expansion. Rajendra didn't cover for Vinayak, but didn't have him arrested either. Yashodhan says that he would have managed without that money. Now Yashodhan calls his father Naik Sāheba and his mother Malati Bāī, but calls Rajendra Bābā. His parents have to put up with it, I guess, because Yashodhan supports them financially.

Yashodhan intends to reach his goals by honest hard work. He says this while making personal use of a customer's minivan, entrusted to him for servicing! With only seven seats, Rashi had to ride on Vinayak's lap. Surely the family could afford three rickshaws instead of the risk of getting into an accident and facing a furious customer and insurance company.

Do Abhay and Ashvini contribute to the family budget? Ashvini collects bribes through Abhay to bend the law, giving her subordinates their cut (racketeering). Her problem with Yashodhan not owning the minivan that he uses is that he can't afford to buy one, not that he abuses a customer's trust.

Yashodhan obviously loves his niece Rashi very much. He named his garage after her, and while it's considered inauspicious to name anything after a living person, I'm sure he meant it fondly.

After Rajendra "betrayed" Vinayak, Malati had to sell her jewelry. Ketaki lost educational opportunities because out-of-work Vinayak couldn't pay the "donation" (bribe) to the institute. I can understand them feeling envious of Nivedita's success, but I think the conflict would be more entertaining with cold hostility instead of cynical remarks and disrespecting food.

No matter how many TV shows have these abusive in-law plots like Mangal on Jīva Zhālā Yeḍāpisā trying to chop off Siddhi's hair, instigating the twins to burn her books, and starving her, I will call them what they are: outrageous.

Thankfully, the Asim-gets-bullied storyline was limited, and not outrageous while it lasted. Nivedita wisely didn't hush up the matter just because a child like Asim said it wouldn't happen again.

Yashodhan's proposal full of engine metaphors was very funny and romantic.

I like how complex and mood-dependent the characters are. Ashvini won't let Vinayak even say to Rashi that she broke his eyeglasses, but when Malati offers popcorn to Rashi, Ashvini flips and says Rashi must be punished for breaking the eyeglasses. Ashvini can't resist putting her family members in their place, but she can hide her animosity with Nivedita at the office.

Malati who is unreasonable with Sumitra becomes the voice of reason with Ashvini and Ketaki.

Yashodhan tricks his family into going to the same restaurant as Nivedita, and sneakily tells Ashvini about a nonexistent sting operation catching corrupt officials, but Yashodhan also wants to teach Rashi about honesty.

Sumitra teaches Nihar to hold his tongue about Ashvini, and she volunteers to wait to eat last, but Sumitra also snaps at Rajendra because he didn't even call to say he would go out for dinner.

Devika enables Rajendra to deceive his family, but she tries to provide for herself and not take his money.

Even Rajendra, as terrible as his betrayal is, seems to care about everyone in both of his families.

What I don't like is the dialogue insisting that Asim is only six years old!

Asim does not behave like a child who is nearing his seventh birthday. Even outgoing seven-year-olds simply don't have the life experience to be so in control of their emotions in stressful situations like bullying ... to discuss travel itineraries and saree discounts ... even to count how many questions to leave blank when they know the answers!

Devika is seriously ill. I hope she won't die immediately, because that would be too convenient for Rajendra, quickly moving past the double life he has led on his own terms for years. Rajendra should have to face Sumitra's justified anger and his children's disappointment. He shouldn't be the sanctimonious think-about-the-children voice. Devika can be hospitalized as the reason Asim must live with Rajendra's first family, either temporarily if Devika recovers or forever if she dies.

HalleNJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Devika is seriously ill. I hope she won't die immediately, because that would be too convenient for Rajendra, quickly moving past the double life he has led on his own terms for years. Rajendra should have to face Sumitra's justified anger and his children's disappointment. He shouldn't be the sanctimonious think-about-the-children voice. Devika can be hospitalized as the reason Asim must live with Rajendra's first family, either temporarily if Devika recovers or forever if she dies.

Looks like this is the plot, Devika may die, that's how Aseem will come to stay with Nivi. If not, there is no solid reason for him to stay with the family.

This one sided love of Yash is so funny that i dont want him to confess his love soon. Let them drag this for sometime. Seems like there maybe an entry of a NRI guy soon and see how yash will react smiley4

Im glad that this show is a bit light hearted as promised and all Nivi and Asim scenes are well executed that you immediately connect to them. 

Actually there there is no main villain except Ashvini, Yash parents have bitterness but they arent villains. That's my interpretation.

Originally posted by: HalleNJ

Looks like this is the plot, Devika may die, that's how Aseem will come to stay with Nivi. If not, there is no solid reason for him to stay with the family.

In real life, a living person can be unable to care for a child. If Devika's illness or medication causes her to fall down while walking, as we saw, or she needs to sleep when Asim is active, or the medication affects her moods so that she can't respond to danger, or fatigue prevents her from making sure Asim eats meals on time, wears clean clothes, and does his homework ... those are all solid reasons for his other parent Rajendra to take charge of Asim.

Even before Devika is hospitalized, her inability to care for Asim would leave Rajendra with two choices: either leave his first family to move in with Asim or bring Asim home to his first family. The less cruel choice is to admit his betrayal and plead with Sumitra to accept Asim.