RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

It's been reported that there's a video circulating of a man bashing a woman unconscious. Men are supporting him saying he was a rejected lover and at least he didn't kill her so there's no crime. That he is the real victim here. 

This is exactly the type of mentality, which already existed before Animal, but now has been amplified. This film has emboldened men (and even women) to think that such patriarchal and misogynistic attitudes are normal and the last few decades of calling out this behavior should be erased.

I've mentioned in other threads that Animal would be deadly in the long run to social progress for women (and men) in India and my point is already being proven. Shame on all those who claimed this film is just a film and will not influence anyone. 

In the late 80s, it took films like Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak and Chandni to begin a new trend of going away from violence and entering the world of musical romance instead. We need a new Chandni for this generation to wipe away the sins of Animal.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yes & Sridevi Ji bought Polygamy to India. After watching Judaai, all the aunties in my neighborhood had their husband's up for sale. Woh alag baat hai, sales nahi hui. 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Where is the video 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I know cinema can corrupt people. It’s why My 60 something parents won’t let my 30 something butt watch Gadar 2 smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: wat_up

Where is the video 

Video is too violent so I won't post it here. You can find more info about the incident here.

https://twitter.com/ijbolistani/status/1736410855296716918

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Yes & Sridevi Ji bought Polygamy to India. After watching Judaai, all the aunties in my neighborhood had their husband's up for sale. Woh alag baat hai, sales nahi hui. 

I know you're trying to be funny, but Judaai didn't glorify polygamy and Sridevi's character learns her lesson by the end of the film.

And are we seriously comparing Judaai, a film made in 1997 (that was more of a comedy/satire) to a film made in 2023. It's like comparing oranges and apples. The times, the visual grammar and the potential societal impact of can't be compared for the two films.

Although, shifting the blame of a horrific incident to a film, is not something I totally agree with. But I also don't agree with the argument that "cinema doesn't affect real life".

Because I personally have seen people around me getting affected by films and then try to reenact the stuff shown in films, even by adults... so I will never buy that argument.

Edited by diasingh2 - 4 months ago
CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

A wave of violence? Damn .. 🙄

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

People need to purify themselves by watching Sooryavansham and Vivah..smiley16smiley36Animal ke paap dhul jaayenge ...incidentally Vivah was on TV the other day and I went back to offering Jal to my Swami pati dev and saying stuff like...aap zaroor safal hongey..the shuddh Hindi is so cute in that movie smiley36 who said movies don't have influence smiley36

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

People need to purify themselves by watching Sooryavansham and Vivah..smiley16smiley36Animal ke paap dhul jaayenge ...incidentally Vivah was on TV the other day and I went back to offering Jal to my Swami pati dev and saying stuff like...aap zaroor safal hongey..the shuddh Hindi is so cute in that movie smiley36 who said movies don't have influence smiley36

If Salman makes another movie with Barjatya about good Prem. I better see all these anti animal people there in the cinema smiley36

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

If Salman makes another movie with Barjatya about good Prem. I better see all these anti animal people there in the cinema smiley36

I’ll be there..I am all for Good Prem ..nothing more attractive than a man who is soft spoken, courteous and respectful and kind smiley16 men in their soft era >>>>> men in the Animal era smiley11smiley36