Priyanka Chopra calls for ceasefire

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

There was a thread earlier about how PC hadn't been speaking up about a ceasefire in Gaza. She did sign a ceasefire but now she is vocally calling for one on her Instagram. Glad she is finally speaking out. Sonam Kapoor and Swara Bhaskar are no longer the only BW celebs to speak out.

https://twitter.com/Ceasefire_Track/status/1734740685658411242?t=MeeduaeYgMKRH7dN1KjYdA&s=19

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I saw this yesterday and I was going to post the link in that topic, but then I couldn't be bothered. Good to see her speak up smiley20

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She is still getting made fun of that’s unfortunate 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 4 months ago
blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Good that she called for a ceasefire....It is important because of the position she holds with UN.

Not only is call for cease fire important....but also calling out Israel for their actions is also important.....they are butchering Palestinians.....even little kids smiley18....and no remorse is being shown...smiley11

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

People who are making fun of PC and making a joke are equally disgusting......little kids dying is not a matter of joke ......if someone wants to rebuke her....be serious.....

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

People who are making fun of PC and making a joke are equally disgusting......little kids dying is not a matter of joke ......if someone wants to rebuke her....be serious.....

The above tweets are not joking about the situation so this is not a matter of them not taking it seriously. Their comments are showing how bad the situation is that even someone who generally does not take political stands or do anything controversial is willing to speak up about this issue. That if the likes of Priyanka feels safe enough to speak about a ceasefire, then that means that public support is truly on Palestine's side otherwise Priyanka would never have dared to publicly call for a ceasefire. 

Some of it is calling her out, but mainly it's addressing this situation by using her as an example that if Priyanka can speak up, there is no excuse for others not to.

Personally, I'm proud of Priyanka because I didn't think she had it in her either. I'm glad to be proven wrong especially when there is still so much backlash in Hollywood right now to pro-Palestinian and anti-genocide remarks.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She is still getting made fun of that’s unfortunate 

People have felt betrayed by her in the past, that's why there is still some distrust. I saw a French user claim that Priyanka has been Islamophobic in the past but I'm not aware of any such incident.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

People have felt betrayed by her in the past, that's why there is still some distrust. I saw a French user claim that Priyanka has been Islamophobic in the past but I'm not aware of any such incident.

I suppose. Some of those quotes tweets. I didn’t know she was that unliked. But she did a good thing.