Indian Idol 14 - Performance Discussion (9&10 Dec'23)

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Raj Babbar & Mukesh Special episodes.

Discuss here... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

One thing I am dissapointed is they should have wait till tomorrow to announce performer of the week.  Not saying that Adya didn’t deserve but may be there is better performance than hers in tomorrow. Same thing happened to last week too like they gave to Anjana but I genuinely felt that Piyush deserved that performer of the week more than her. Unless they are giving in both days which I don’t think they are. 

Edited by reborn-re - 4 months ago
altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: reborn-re

One thing I am dissapointed is they should have wait till tomorrow to announce performer of the week.  Not saying that Adya didn’t deserve but may be there is better performance than hers in tomorrow. Same thing happened to last week too like they gave to Anjana but I genuinely felt that Piyush deserved that performer of the week more than her. Unless they are giving in both days which I don’t think they are. 

I think they give it on Sunday episode too. Not sure. 

altgr thumbnail

Really enjoyed today's episode. Some great songs.

My favourite performance from the episode is Adya. I think it was her best performance. Totally loved it. 

Shubhodeep, Ananya, Piyush were excellent. Shubhodeep's first song was just awesome.

Anjana is just too good. But I expect something different from her. Really want to see SMP and Anjana perform together, I think it'll be electrifying.

Utkarsh was not upto the mark in Yeh Dil Tum Bin but 2nd song was pure gold. 

reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: altgr

I think they give it on Sunday episode too. Not sure. 

I don’t think they did because I have watched different website and they showed performer of the day/week and I don’t think they did. 

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Lovely episode, all singers were fantastic today!!

1. Piyush - he sang hothon se chhu lo Tum and tu is tarah se meri zindagi mein shaamil hai. He sang hothon se chhu lo a little too softly in my opinion. A lot of singers sing slow numbers softly, I don’t know why. That’s the only negative I going. It was more pronouns when Kumar Sanu sang it in a normal volume. Bonus points for singing two different genres. I don’t know why, but even though he always sings well, the chutzpah is missing.

2. Utkarsh - yeh dil Tum bin Kahin lagta nahin and kisi nazar Ko tera intezaar. Brilliant. Enjoyed both his songs. Just wonder why he sang so little of the first song. His second song is a raag (bhairavi) based song and not a very easy one. He sang it with ease. In my opinion he’s a front runner for the title.

3. Anjana - she sang Rambha ho and it was magical. I’ve missed most of her performances, and I’d read comments comparing her to SMP, who I wasn’t a fan of. But the few times I’ve heard Anjana, she’s been fabulous. I’m not an Usha Uthup fan, but I absolutely enjoyed Anjanas performance today. She seemed like a star! She’s going to go a long way. 

4. Ananya - mere pyar Ki umar and janam janam ka saath. When I heard Raj Babbar was coming, I was dead sure someone would sing mere pyar Ki umar and I really wanted Ananya to sing it. It’s a song I really like.  Ananya is my favourite contestant on the show, and she sang both songs beautifully. A little playfulness is required in this song and I could hear it in her voice. She did justice even to the second song.

5. Adya - Dil ke armaan. Perfection. This one suited her voice to a T. I’m not a fan of Adyas voice, and not many songs will suit her. But when she found something she just stunned us all. I’ve read she wins performance of the week, in my opinion it wasn’t the best song of the week, but definitely Adyas best performance. Salma Agha - the original singer sang a few lines today, and I must say today Adya was better.

6. Subhadeep - beete hue lamhon Ki kasak and dushman na Kare. In the first song his enunciation wasn’t clear. That was a let down for me, even though he sounded melodious. In my opinion - clarity is extremely important. Loved his rendition of dushman na Kare - he added his own touch to the song, and it is one of the best renditions of this song I’ve heard. 

Looking forward to some lovely Mukesh songs (and hopefully Nitin Mukesh too) tomorrow.

reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

Lovely episode, all singers were fantastic today!!

1. Piyush - he sang hothon se chhu lo Tum and tu is tarah se meri zindagi mein shaamil hai. He sang hothon se chhu lo a little too softly in my opinion. A lot of singers sing slow numbers softly, I don’t know why. That’s the only negative I going. It was more pronouns when Kumar Sanu sang it in a normal volume. Bonus points for singing two different genres. I don’t know why, but even though he always sings well, the chutzpah is missing.

2. Utkarsh - yeh dil Tum bin Kahin lagta nahin and kisi nazar Ko tera intezaar. Brilliant. Enjoyed both his songs. Just wonder why he sang so little of the first song. His second song is a raag (bhairavi) based song and not a very easy one. He sang it with ease. In my opinion he’s a front runner for the title.

3. Anjana - she sang Rambha ho and it was magical. I’ve missed most of her performances, and I’d read comments comparing her to SMP, who I wasn’t a fan of. But the few times I’ve heard Anjana, she’s been fabulous. I’m not an Usha Uthup fan, but I absolutely enjoyed Anjanas performance today. She seemed like a star! She’s going to go a long way. 

4. Ananya - mere pyar Ki umar and janam janam ka saath. When I heard Raj Babbar was coming, I was dead sure someone would sing mere pyar Ki umar and I really wanted Ananya to sing it. It’s a song I really like.  Ananya is my favourite contestant on the show, and she sang both songs beautifully. A little playfulness is required in this song and I could hear it in her voice. She did justice even to the second song.

5. Adya - Dil ke armaan. Perfection. This one suited her voice to a T. I’m not a fan of Adyas voice, and not many songs will suit her. But when she found something she just stunned us all. I’ve read she wins performance of the week, in my opinion it wasn’t the best song of the week, but definitely Adyas best performance. Salma Agha - the original singer sang a few lines today, and I must say today Adya was better.

6. Subhadeep - beete hue lamhon Ki kasak and dushman na Kare. In the first song his enunciation wasn’t clear. That was a let down for me, even though he sounded melodious. In my opinion - clarity is extremely important. Loved his rendition of dushman na Kare - he added his own touch to the song, and it is one of the best renditions of this song I’ve heard. 

Looking forward to some lovely Mukesh songs (and hopefully Nitin Mukesh too) tomorrow.

I have same opinion with Adya yea it was her best performance but I don’t think she deserved performer of the day/week though. But I guess Anjana, Ananya, and Utkarsh have already won performer of the week tile so they probably thought to give Adya. Also I usually don’t enjoy Anjana performance but I really enjoyed this one. For star of tie todays episode we’re Ananya and Utkarsh absolutely loved their performances. Rest were good too but these two were the best for me from todays episode. 

Edited by reborn-re - 4 months ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Best of today’s episode were Piyush & Utkarsh. Utkarsh is the dark horse. They keep showing shubhadeep as classically trained but we have Utkarsh who is classically trained & a superb singer. 

They both have shown versatility imho. 

Ananya, shubhadeep, Adhya were all good.

Anjana the worst of the lot. They keep hyping her. I thought of SMP who Vishal kept hyping as a rockstar 😳🙄🙁 do they even know definition of a rockstar 😂🤔

A million $ Q: why have Raj Babbar special?  Dude hasn’t done that great in his career. An apt dedication would be for Smita Patil 👍 beautiful, & an amazing actress imho 👏👌

Edited by Dabulls23 - 4 months ago
IbuHatela thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Finally got to watch an episode the night that it aired. For the most part, I loved Raj Babbar's episode. 

Piyush was phenomenal. His second song was an unnecessary bonus because his rendition of Hoton Se Chu Lo Tum was iconic. When he's at his best, he is the top male singer on the show. 

You can tell Piyush's performance had an effect on Utkarsh. Utkarsh always does well but this was his best effort to date. He went all in.

I made it through less than ten seconds of Anjana's performance. I can't with her I'm sorry. She is by far the least tolerable member left on the show for me, but I fear they'll have her stick around until the finale because for some reason, we need an SMP every single year.

You can tell how much Raj Babbar was missing Smita Patil during Ananya's performances. It's been nearly 40 years since Smita Patil passed away and she will always be missed. 

Forget the Indian Idol Trophy. Ananya got a gift that is timeless and has infinite value in comparison. 

I loved Adya's performance. She's hit or miss, but her voice is perfect for songs like Dil Ke Armaan. Salma Aga's version is virtually unmatchable but Adya tried and put her soul into it too Remember, she's only 17, so she has room for improvement. I have no idea what her future holds, but if she wanted to carve a career out of making songs of a similar style as this one, she has the potential to do it. 

It was a pleasure to see Salma Agha appear on this show. My family loves her and she still sings so well. I wish she stuck around longer but at least she was there. 

Subhadeep was the same as usual. 

I can't wait for tomorrow's episode. Mukesh is my all-time favorite singer and this season's talent should be able to do justice to his classics. Nitin Mukesh is always a pleasant guest so it should be a good time. 

IbuHatela thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

why have Raj Babbar special?  Dude hasn’t done that great in his career. An apt dedication would be for Smita Patil 👍 beautiful, & an amazing actress imho 👏👌

That's basically what it was. The show was about them both. It's hard to do a show solely about Raj Babbar, but if you want to pay tribute to Smita Patil, it only makes sense to have him there and do a show dedicated to both.