Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 months ago

I know everyone's happy for Ranbir and everything. But I think we should stop celebrating the success of this film. Past few days have made me realize that Our country is still not ready to see a character like Ranvijay for the pyshopath that he is. 

People are making memes against woman, Feminism, and laughing at abuse.  Idealising him. 

Vanga presented that pyscho as a hero and Men are lapping it up. 

This celebration of box office success might feel like validating such people more. 

I know you don't support Vanga or the film or the characters. But still let us nor celebrate this at all

It's just send out a wrong Message. 

I have reliaze it and I hope you will understand too. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Agni_Jytsona - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

LOL not just number 

ppl are celebrating movie as a whole on SM

venga ne yeh kardya feminists  ko wo kardia bla bla bla 

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 4 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think this is what the audience wants. Also I hate to say this but something about these animalistic men makes them really hot. I remember fantasizing about Kabir Singh who I found dreamy af. 

Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

It's just a film with fictional characters, and if there really are men who think it's cool to behave like the characters in the film, then god bless their soul because there is every help too late for them. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I’m planning to make thread celebrating the movie crossing 300 crore. Not to upset anyone but to just celebrate the $$$. I did the same for Gadar 2. A Considering who the villains of that movie were it should show that for ME these are just movies. 

Sorry OP all I could tell you is I will make the threads until a mod tells I can’t. 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

It’s very brave of you to post this. I noticed you were very happy with BOs till you saw the movie. I wish there were more people like you. 

priya185 thumbnail

Thanks for having a neutral opinion willing to see reason

I couldn’t stand misogyny in Kabir Singh and this is up many notches 

I am happy for Ranbir though and it shows his versatility 

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It's important to differentiate between films and real world. However most of the indian audience don't know how to do it so you'll see a lot of young boys idiolizing Kabir Singh and Ranvijay. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: YoursTrulyOne

It's important to differentiate between films and real world. However most of the indian audience don't know how to do it so you'll see a lot of young boys idiolizing Kabir Singh and Ranvijay. 

When I first complained about Alia being a top actress I was told to shut up because “it’s what the audience wants”. So…. I’m going to use the same theory here too. If audiences like this and they want to be like Kabir and Ranvijay, then that’s just where we are na? As society? Same with anti-Pak films as well. 

If they like it, they want it… then they’ll get it. What can we do about it yaar? 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 4 months ago
TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Saw clips of movie theatres where men are clapping, hooting and cheering . It is sad. However I am glad that a RK fan like you can see how problematic this film is. Many fans unfortunately will defend it till their last breath fully knowing and understanding why so many people think its problematic. 

MS Dhoni once said common sense is not so common. What you may easily understand and differentiate, others can't .

Many will watch it and forget it and treat it like just another film. Many unfortunately will watch it and start behaving like RK's character. 

Quite liked what Kangana said here in this clip. Very relevant. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/6cFqQtz-Yh8?si=EkIKoluq4IelJuup