Frequent Posters

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Arjun and Khushi look so similar. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Well, no, Maroon, the Archies isn't really a 'family' movie but more for mainly young people...and there are a lot of very good movies that released only OTT...so quality = theatre and no quality = OTT isn't fair at all...

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

I've heard Suhana does not know Hindi (which is why even in crappy ads, she never speaks Hindi). That's a huge detriment, especially since that explains the decline in her short film (in English) versus now in The Archies. I think she could have lobbied for a Hollywood OTT role. Aryan Khan was friends with Zach Bia/Madison Beer then...through USC something could have come for Suhana. 

A smarter move for Suhana would have been to have starred in some Hollywood OTT project and then slowly eased into Bollywood. Her dad's and brother's connections would have made that happen and she would have also come with a "worked in Hollywood" tag which would not have lead to trolling and discrediting her like now. 

She could have easily done stuff that gets cast with South Asian characters that usually goes to ABCDs in Hollywood. 

Not knowing Hindi is detrimental and also kinda shameful, especially when they are vying to work in the industry. Also I just do not understand how someone would not know the language when they have done their schooling here and grown up watching Bollywood, I presume? 

Edited by ohophelia - 6 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Well, no, Maroon, the Archies isn't really a 'family' movie but more for mainly young people...and there are a lot of very good movies that released only OTT...so quality = theatre and no quality = OTT isn't fair at all...

I enjoy HBO or Netflix movies especially holiday themed ones. But none of those people become household names. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ohophelia

A smarter move for Suhana would have been to have starred in some Hollywood OTT project and then slowly eased into Bollywood. Her dad's and brother's connections would have made that happen and she would have also come with a "worked in Hollywood" tag which would not have lead to trolling and discrediting her like now. 

She could have easily done stuff that gets cast with South Asian characters that usually goes to ABCDs in Hollywood. 

Not knowing Hindi is detrimental and also kinda shameful, especially when they are vying to work in the industry. Also I just do not understand how someone would not know the language when they have done their schooling here and grown up watching Bollywood, I presume? 

She forgot it when she went to England. And then the US. Her friends were all mostly white too. 

Petrichor80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

She forgot it when she went to England. And then the US. Her friends were all mostly white too. 

That is NOT possible. I learned Hindi till grade 7 and never "forgot" it.

I am looking up the website of her school in India and it has Hindi

https://www.dais.edu.in/primary-years-programme.html

I don't know why there is a common misconception about the Bollywood kids that they don't know Hindi. All these kids living in Mumbai know Hindi and Marathi. They watch their parents movie in Hindi too.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 6 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

She can learn it again when living among Hindi speaking people...

I don't fear for her...

Petrichor80 thumbnail

Hindi is easy to understand. You might not be too fluent in Hindi when you move out at a younger age, but you can still understand and speak it, so others understand.

Clochette thumbnail

In addition, she has a script and lines to learn...and her next venture will be with her dad...he will be also helpfull to get her back into the Hindi language (if there even is need)

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: ohophelia

Or she could simply just not debut in anything and spare us all