Do you really believe the way actors portray themselves?

greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Such as in interviews and their social media. I do not am very pessimistic about how they come across. I know there are PR images and such but I just can't help but feel so many are fake. (And this isn't BW only)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Most of them try to maintain a good PR image. 

I get conflicted by their statements. I feel like these celebrities don't mean what they say; for example, many talk about safeguarding their (and family's) privacy and then put their minor children's pictures on social media or divulge way too many details about their personal lives. To my knowledge, only a few celebrities, like Daniel Day-Lewis and Cillian Murphy (Cillian always looks like he's being held at gunpoint in his work promotions)..., lived up to that statement.

Edited by radix - 5 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

I wish I knew if when an actor or athlete or any entertainer appears in public (is that who they really are or even then are they acting) Ya never know 

greenletters thumbnail

I think in regards to them being out and paparazzi is out they are probably not their true selves. Only they know who they are deep down. 

greenletters thumbnail

Originally posted by: radix

Most of them try to maintain a good PR image. 

I get conflicted by their statements. I feel like these celebrities don't mean what they say; for example, many talk about safeguarding their (and family's) privacy and then put their minor children's pictures on social media or divulge way too many details about their personal lives. To my knowledge, only a few celebrities, like Daniel Day-Lewis and Cillian Murphy (Cillian always looks like he's being held at gunpoint in his work promotions)..., lived up to that statement.

OMG Cillian Murphy kills me with his expressions. He looks so bored or unimpressed. 

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

No clue how they are and I don't bother thinking about it, but I loved Vicky Kaushal in the Film Companion interview, especially the part where he is appreciating Adarsh Gourav. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-HLpEjkK3k&ab_channel=FilmCompanion

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Which is why I love the characters and not the actors playing them. Most of them appear silly,boring or obnoxious even in this era PR crafted images. They can't string two words together and are honestly sick of their character by the time of promotions.

Just once in a bluemoon you can hear somebody speaking something sensible about their craft on Anupama or Baradwaj Rangan's Youtube channels.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: greenletters

I think in regards to them being out and paparazzi is out they are probably not their true selves. Only they know who they are deep down. 

the stuff they say in interviews is it legit even ? 

greenletters thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

the stuff they say in interviews is it legit even ? 

Could be half truths?

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: greenletters

exactly...and this is valuable for most people, not only actors/actresses, I think.

As I don't follow much other actor's public appearances/interviews I can best talk about SRK...he is a well balanced mix between acting 'all the time' and being honest. And sometimes (no, quite often) he says what he knows others want to hear or he is ironic, even sarcastic without the other noticing (or at least not responding to it)... in interviews, it depends also on the interviewer how he reacts and answers...

Generally people want to get a wanted feedback of their personality...for actors, their image is even part of their profession.