His last 5 movies:

Satyaprem Ki Katha  Average or Semi-Hit
Shehzada                  Flop
Bhool Bhulaiyaa        Blockbuster
Love Aaj Kal              Flop
Pati Patni Aur Woh    Hit
Luka Chuppi              Hit
Sonu Ke Titu             Super-Hit

Plus Dhamaka and Freddy were both OTT Hits. 

So out of his last 8 releases, 1 underperformed and two flopped. 

Please cross reference with:

Varun - last seven movies underperformed, and his last real hit was in 2017 - Badrinath

ARJUN KAPOOR'S LAST CLEAN HIT WAS IN 2014, 2 STATES. Almost 10 years ago!

Has Sameer been mentoring you in these statistics smiley36

Edited by Maroonporsche - 6 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Looks like someone missed the memo on basic math.smiley37

Actually I was including his OTT releases as well, so I added one extra number. Technically it should be 9. Looks like someone missed the main point. 

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Actually I was including his OTT releases as well, so I added one extra number. Technically it should be 9. Looks like someone missed the main point. 

Well, that's not exactly "his last 5 releases." I guess someone here might need a crash course in articulating themselves.smiley37

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

When it comes to the 'houshold' stars, also the number of female stars is quite limited (to say the least...)

I think, Karan just failed to either build a pool of bankable actors or change his image into one bringing talent in small budget movies...

I won't judge Kartik's / Karan's change of mind...in a creative field it would be stupid to hold certain grudges for long... and if the pay is okay...

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Well, that's not exactly "his last 5 releases." I guess someone here might need a crash course in articulating themselves.smiley37

Oh that, I was referring to years (2018-2023) Do you want to kill me over a typo? 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 6 months ago
NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Seems like they are sending a message that everything is fine between them, KJO keeps announcing movies but isn't doing anything

What happened to his movie with Salman or the action movie he announced on his birthday? 

Good I don’t want a movie with salman right now 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Bekind

When Kartik was dating Sara, he mentioned how annoyed he was that all articles were coming out on his relationship and not about his work. He was not happy about it. Because he wants to be remembered for his work and not who he is dating.

Kartik talks out of both sides of his mouth sort of.  Publicly he’ll say this but then behind the scenes his PR will start rumors about each one of his costars before a release.  According to gossip one do the reasons he got annoyed with Kiara was that she got married before SPKK released.  People were actually paid to come and cheer for him and Sara during LAK2 trailer launch.  Unfortunately one of them slipped and blabbed about it on camera and the whole thing became embarrassing.  

He definitely dated Pashmina Roshan for a while. They were pictures of them together and she even came to BB2 screening.  There were even pictures of Pashnina with his sister out there somewhere.  

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Kartik may be a deplorable person but his fanbase is decent rn, and Karan wants SarTik for this film. 

Janhvi did good not getting involved, might be the best decision of her life, because now Kartik and Sara will have to deal with the other Dharma chamchas like Lakshaya. 

There was never any hard boycott in place. Janhvi's family (like Arjun) still follows Kartik and all his relatives even though they are no longer on speaking terms just to keep up appearances. The real conflict is between KJO's desire to push his new favorite versus people like Kartik. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Such a snake he is smiley37 he thought he could boycott Kartik but he made KJo come back smiley37 what a  slap on Nepo Beti’s faces 

Karan Johar is a friend to no one. I will be shocked the day he betrays Alia though.