Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Posted: 5 months ago

I don't think there is anything wrong with Manushi leaving medicine to work in movies. People grow and change all the time. If we all had the same chance we would jump on it too. Hell, I would leave my job in one second to shake my stuff on-screen. Plus I can act way better than all nepos

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: TheJourney

Beauty pageant winners getting attention is the thing of past now. Also, I don't know Harnaz's background, but Manushi would be practicing by now if she focused on her degree. 

Harnaaz has/had some medical problems. She gains weight because of that. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Maybe she has a future in only fans smiley36

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I don't think there is anything wrong with Manushi leaving medicine to work in movies. People grow and change all the time. If we all had the same chance we would jump on it too. Hell, I would leave my job in one second to shake my stuff on-screen. Plus I can act way better than all nepos

I would never ever work in this industry even if I am offered billions of dollars. People grow up- or priorities change? 

after an year or two- these women do not do anything for women empowerment or other amazing things they claim- but simply attend events organised by others.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: DamRyeong

I would never ever work in this industry even if I am offered billions of dollars. People grow up- or priorities change? 

after an year or two- these women do not do anything for women empowerment or other amazing things they claim- but simply attend events organised by others.

Yeah so what’s wrong with that? If you would never work in the industry, then that’s your personal choice. I would certainly love to work in movies. 

There’s no need to shame others and truthfully I doubt beauty pageant winners can solve anything anyways. It’s just like when we have job interview and we lie so much. Ultimately, it’s Bollywood and you’re here? On a Bollywood forum.  So can’t be that bad na? 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Honestly I don't think there's anything wrong - she made more in one year than she would have in one year as a doctor, not to mention slogging for years as a resident. But my point was that Manushi got popular because she was the "pretty doctor" image, otherwise her hype would have been more subdued. 

Miss India is also a thing the older generation likes most, and they do not approve of actresses, not to mention how long the pandemic was, so her initial hype was gone. YRF hurt her image badly, otherwise she could have been at least a Tier B star. 

Acting is not easy in India. They just shove you with barely a teleprompter so you have little time to prep. Plus, it's not very safe for any actor/actress - workplace laws are barely held, and idiots who wish ill harm (black magic, scamming a la conman, real estate scams) are everywhere. There is a reason many people are just happy as influencers.

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Plus, it's not very safe for any actor/actress - workplace laws are barely held, and idiots who wish ill harm (black magic, scamming a la conman, real estate scams) are everywhere. There is a reason many people are just happy as influencers.

smiley3smiley3

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

When she won she was everywhere. It seems like she’s getting no Bollywood offers and even Manushi is failing to make a mark. I guess they don’t make them like Ash, Sush and Priyanka anymore. 

Isn't she the one with the medical problem of gaining weight and had a difficult time?

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Yeah there's staff that will take cut hair, clothes, whatever and do black magic. Many actresses steal the dresses they wear from the sets for this reason.