Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 months ago

When she won she was everywhere. It seems like she’s getting no Bollywood offers and even Manushi is failing to make a mark. I guess they don’t make them like Ash, Sush and Priyanka anymore. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Who is she?smiley5

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

back then there were limited beauty pageants. So, if you win one, you will get a lot of shout- commercials, movies, other offers.

These days, there are so many beauty pageants- that every another day, new winner is coming- plus, earlier, beauty pageants ladies considered as diva- these days, every another (even minor) girl is posting glamorous stuff on social media- so people are hardly bothered. 

When Sushmita, Aishwarya, Lara, and Priyanka won- India was not receiving overall much recognition on global platform- but now, India is a well recognised country in many different and important domains. So, people simply forget these ladies.

Overall, due to fast paced life, people are no more interested or don't have time to be interested in these celebs.

Both manushi and harnaaz are pretty meh if you ask me smiley24

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

It seems to be the time of nepo kids and all attention is on them.

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Beauty pageant winners getting attention is the thing of past now. Also, I don't know Harnaz's background, but Manushi would be practicing by now if she focused on her degree. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

It is the time of ugly nepo kids. Not pretty beauty queens. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

When she won she was everywhere. It seems like she’s getting no Bollywood offers and even Manushi is failing to make a mark. I guess they don’t make them like Ash, Sush and Priyanka anymore. 

It has to do with beauty pageants losing relevance. The longetivity that even Dia Mirza had did not last. Kids no longer look up to these ladies, and most people know these things are rigged. Neither Harnaaz or Manushi are as eloquent as Sushmita and Lara Dutta, who had very likeable answers to the youth. 

Harnaaz was also overshadowed by Vicky/Katty's wedding. Manushi's charm was that she was studying to be a doctor and her "mom" answer. She is no longer a doctor, so a lot of people aren't as interested anymore. 

Harnaaz looks very unique but she has been bombarded with plastic surgery allegations (she's seen in earlier channels looking completely diff. so a lot of indians made fun of her + her later weight gain), along with some Punjabi industry controversy. She allegedly dropped some movie for Miss Universe. 

I have seen Harnaaz in real and she is very beautiful, foreigners really like her too. 

Manushi was made to look very generic by YRF, I don't think her image has recovered from Prithviraj, and now YRF allegedly has dropped her. It's a shame, she has the looks most Indians like (a la Kiara) and she's not a bad dancer. I think she can make a turnaround with the right movie. 

So basically bad management and bad publicity. I don't think just being a miss world can get you fame now. If you're a Miss World + good at acting then maybe. 

Sobhita is a Miss India but is a decent actress, and so has a lot of female fans and hype. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DamRyeong

back then there were limited beauty pageants. So, if you win one, you will get a lot of shout- commercials, movies, other offers.

These days, there are so many beauty pageants- that every another day, new winner is coming- plus, earlier, beauty pageants ladies considered as diva- these days, every another (even minor) girl is posting glamorous stuff on social media- so people are hardly bothered. 

When Sushmita, Aishwarya, Lara, and Priyanka won- India was not receiving overall much recognition on global platform- but now, India is a well recognised country in many different and important domains. So, people simply forget these ladies.

Overall, due to fast paced life, people are no more interested or don't have time to be interested in these celebs.

It's true, I remember how Lara Dutta's answers were even mentioned in classes. TBF she was uniquely eloquent, she should have gone for some diplomat job. 

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

another problem is- while they all promote women empowerment and opportunities but ended up joining the most shady industry. Earlier movies were the largest platform but not anymore.

i mean Manushi sold her profile saying she is studying medical and similarly other candidates sell their profile based on the 'amazing and empowered' area of work. but ends up doing movies.

it gives an impression that movies is the only profession for pageant ladies 

Edited by DamRyeong - 5 months ago