Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: I_M_SultaN

race 3 still has 1.6cr FFs olol

but that dented it

after tubelight failure sab barbaad hugaya smiley28

dabangg 3 on paper was good kicha sudeep lekar bhi barbaad kardia parbhu 

But Race 3 came at a time when Salman had that midas touch. If it'd released today, that movie would have been a disaster. smiley36

I don't mind Tubelight as much. They tried something different. It didn't work.

For me, Bharat signified the end of Salman's golden run because it was a decent movie, and could have done 300 crores, but it didn't. Dabbang 3 only confirmed it.

Is Tiger 3's footfalls lower than Race 3?

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Filmistan

But Race 3 came at a time when Salman had that midas touch. If it'd released today, that movie would have been a disaster. smiley36

I don't mind Tubelight as much. They tried something different. It didn't work.

For me, Bharat signified the end of Salman's golden run because it was a decent movie, and could have done 300 crores, but it didn't. Dabbang 3 only confirmed it.

Is Tiger 3's footfalls lower than Race 3?

1.7cr tk hogy all lang 1.8cr  i guess

2nd half ruined bharat  too 

kafi drag kardia tha ali ne

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: Filmistan

All those factors remain, but more importantly, what I saw was lack of pre-release buzz amongst family audiences. Post-release, the WOM was negative-ish. If it had a positive WOM, family audiences would have turned up. That didn't happen.

Pathaan/Jawan/Animal had an insane buzz going in. And, the WOM was positive too post-release. With Gadar 2, masses turned up big time followed by a positive WOM.

Tiger 3 could have done a Gadar 2, but as a movie, it was an anti-Gadar, and nobody's interested in such narratives anymore.

Salman is back in his 00s phase where he still has the masses but family audiences are missing. Like a reverse SRK, during the 2010s, where family audiences turned up but the core mass belt was missing.

Srkat, you didn't get your prediction wrong. No one would have expected YRF to botch the narrative of Tiger 3 like they did. Gadar 2 has shown the power of patriotic machismo. This was anything but that.

Gadar 2 had an insane hype, even more than Jawan. In fact people doubted Jawan with the thanda hype it had at the heels of Gadar 2. So much that Animal had to be postponed.

Tiger 3 was honestly been hampered by his own previous thanda movies. Plus the excessive Pakistan indulgence. And it’s not like Pakistanis liked it. My Pakistani friends found it offensive that they needed an Indian to sort things out for them while their own guys were shown as useless. Hence no international market either. 

Edited by loginidran - 5 months ago
Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

Gadar 2 had an insane hype, even more than Jawan. In fact people doubted Jawan with the thanda hype it had at the heels of Gadar 2. So much that Animal had to be postponed.

Tiger 3 was honestly been hampered by his own previous thanda movies. Plus the excessive Pakistan indulgence. And it’s not like Pakistanis liked it. My Pakistani friends found it offensive that they needed an Indian to sort things out for them while their own guys were shown as useless. Hence no international market either. 

That's the thing. Tiger 3 was, "Na ghar ka, na ghaat ka." I didn't expect such a blunder from Aditya Chopra of all people. They made a script that'd have been cool in 2008 in the 2020s.

That SRK cameo didn't make any sense either. If anything, HR's cameo there could have elevated the story.

I'm hoping that this shitty "Tiger vs Pathaan" thing doesn't happen. I don't want another torture with Sallu's stoicism and SRK's hamming.