In loving appreciation of Rajkumar Hirani

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

Saw Dunki teaser.

Mind-blowing!!!!!!

I mean, the guy is a great storyteller and a gifted filmmaker. I love the way his films combine humor, social commentary, and thought-provoking themes, making them both critical and commercial successes.

He's the BEST filmamker in India right now. I love all his films except Sanju (which was good in storytelling, but I didn't like the inetention of whitewashing behind it).

SRK and him --- it's like a win-win situation. A WINNING combo. Something which will give film buffs something to remember and cherish for years to come. I'm antipating something truly exceptional and memorable. It's bound to be a cinematic masterpiece that will leave a lasting impact on the world of Indian cinema.

Can't wait for Christmas 2023!!!!!

Hirani, you're a heera of Indian cinema!!!!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003)

Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006)

3 Idiots (2009)

PK (2014)

Sanju (2018)

Which si your favourite film directed by him?

Mine is 3 Idiots!!!!!

Blueberry94 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003)

Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006)

3 Idiots (2009)

PK (2014)

Sanju (2018)

Which si your favourite film directed by him?

Mine is 3 Idiots!!!!!

my fav is Munna bhai series.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Lage raho munna bhai is my most favourite Hirani movie....

Though he has a cent percent blockbuster record the problem is despite doing great at the box office, his last 2 films (PK & Sanju); failed to create a cultural impact and have not aged well infact Sanju has zero repeat value which is so unlike previous Hirani movies that attained cult status. 

I think even he knows that and would be willing to ammend that, therefore I have high hopes from Dunki. SRK & Rajkumar Hirani coming together for the 1st time, the sky high expectations are inevitable.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

As with so many other filmmakers, his first movie is my most appreciated one smiley27

I liked the vibe of the "drop 1" (as I already liked the vibe of the announcement) but I prefer to refrain from any praise for a movie whose release is still seven weeks away (and I honestly whish the 21st - release in Germany - would be next week already...)

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I am skeptical of Rajkumar Hirani after reading about the allegations of sexual assault and Vidhu Vinod Chopra removing his name from the producers list. I haven't followed it closely to see if anything changed but the film industry will sell their soul to the devil for profits.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

For Dunki I like that his name is Hardy 🌟 

At the time of release I thought 3I was better than all Hirani films but these day the Munnabhai movies are so much fun to rewatch on YouTube 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 5 months ago
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

I am skeptical of Rajkumar Hirani after reading about the allegations of sexual assault and Vidhu Vinod Chopra removing his name from the producers list. I haven't followed it closely to see if anything changed but the film industry will sell their soul to the devil for profits.

VVC himself is A very fine director.Together they were a formidable team. That is good point.