Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

I think RRR is still the top grossing Indian film in North America higher than Hindi films even 

But if you look at a top 15/20 list the bulk of the list would be mostly Hindi films 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I think RRR is still the top grossing Indian film in North America higher than Hindi films even 

But if you look at a top 15/20 list the bulk of the list would be mostly Hindi films 

I think worldwide collection is the best way to judge a film's BO.South started gaining only in the last decade.

Top 4 of  top 5 heroes are from the south.

All top 5 directors are from south.

In top 10,Sid is the only BW director (Kabali is at no.10).OmRaut is a Marathi director,Like Vanga is a Telugu director, Atlee Is a Tamil director.

In the top 10 heroes list Prabhas has 3 films and SRK has 2 films.Other 5 have 1 each.They are all from the South.

We don't have much to celebrate.Hopefully Hirani will deliver.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

I think worldwide collection is the best way to judge a film's BO.South started gaining only in the last decade.

Top 4 of  top 5 heroes are from the south.

All top 5 directors are from south.

In top 10,Sid is the only BW director (Kabali is at no.10).OmRaut is a Marathi director,Like Vanga is a Telugu director, Atlee Is a Tamil director.

In the top 10 heroes list Prabhas has 3 films and SRK has 2 films.Other 5 have 1 each.They are all from the South.

We don't have much to celebrate.Hopefully Hirani will deliver.

I think Tiger/Dunki/Fighter can all be big for B'wood ww 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

So happy for Vijay 🥹♥️♥️

I love him ♥️

you2 thumbnail

BOI

The Tamil film Leo took an opening of 62 crore across India in all formats with the highest ever opening day numbers ever seen in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. The latter just fell short of the 10 crore mark but it was still a phenomenal collection and was higher than KGF 2 and the local Malayalam films.  Infact prior to Leo only KGF 2 and 2-3 Malayalam films had crossed the 5 crore mark.

The opening at an all India level on all formats is the third best of 2023 after Adipurush and Jawan which were 73.50 and 72.50 crore nett respectively. The business in Hindi film circuits look low but are pretty good for what the film is worth as has limited value in the Hindi speaking areas. 

Did anyone know that Adipurush had the best opening numbers this yearsmiley3

Fasten your seatbelts for 22 Dec.Mausam bigadne wala haismiley34

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Did anyone know that Adipurush had the best opening numbers this yearsmiley3

Fasten your seatbelts for 22 Dec.Mausam bigadne wala haismiley34

Don’t jinx it. That film crashed afterwards lol 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Nishit Shaw

@NishitShawHere

#Leo crosses $3M at the USA/CAN Box Office. #ThalapathyVijay gets his first $3M Grosser in the region. Most $3M Grossers (South Actors)

#Prabhas 4

#Rajinikanth 3

#RamCharan 2

#JrNTR 1

#MaheshBabu

#Yash 

#AlluArjun 

#Vijay 1

I’m tagging you as you were asking earlier about overseas success of the south stars 

If we were to do a Bollywood comparison of that same category. $3 million plus in North America 

Srk has 12

Ranveer has 7
Aamir/Salman/Hrithik/Ranbir have 4 each 

Akshay has 3 

you2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Nishit Shaw

@NishitShawHere

#Leo crosses $3M at the USA/CAN Box Office. #ThalapathyVijay gets his first $3M Grosser in the region. Most $3M Grossers (South Actors)

#Prabhas 4

#Rajinikanth 3

#RamCharan 2

#JrNTR 1

#MaheshBabu

#Yash 

#AlluArjun 

#Vijay 1

I’m tagging you as you were asking earlier about overseas success of the south stars 

If we were to do a Bollywood comparison of that same category. $3 million plus in North America 

Srk has 12

Ranveer has 7
Aamir/Salman/Hrithik/Ranbir have 4 each 

Akshay has 3 

We simply need more directors. We have the starpower,but not many  directors ,who have the vision,ambition to match their larger than life personas.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

We simply need more directors. We have the starpower,but not many  directors ,who have the vision,ambition to match their larger than life personas.

Better action directors for sure 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Nishit Shaw

@NishitShawHere

#Leo becomes the *Fastest* Indian Film to cross £1M in UK.Total Gross: £1.07M [3 Days] 🔥