FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

What happened to Vidya Balan? I mean, she rocked it with Ishqiya, No One Killed Jesscia,  The Dirty Picture, and Kahaani, bagging awards left and right. But then, we got movies like Jalsa, Shakuntala Devi, and Neeyat, and a few other forgettables, and critics weren't too kind to her acting. Wonder if she lost her mojo or something. I'm not even sure if a comeback is in the cards for her now. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

What happened to Vidya Balan? I mean, she rocked it with Ishqiya, No One Killed Jesscia,  The Dirty Picture, and Kahaani, bagging awards left and right. But then, we got movies like Jalsa, Shakuntala Devi, and Neeyat, and a few other forgettables, and critics weren't too kind to her acting. Wonder if she lost her mojo or something. I'm not even sure if a comeback is in the cards for her now. 

If she really falls I wonder if she gets up smiley36

priya185 thumbnail

her acting in Jalsa and Shakuntala Devi were great but the scripts weren't as good

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think because, although she’s great. She’s a limited actor in what she can do. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

If she really falls I wonder if she gets up smiley36

kuch to sharam karo janaab 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

In her interviews she mentioned how much she gets irritated when people talk about her weight. She may have turned down some really nice movies fear of people will body shame her. I think she looks beautiful and elegant.

FatalFlaw thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

In her interviews she mentioned how much she gets irritated when people talk about her weight. She may have turned down some really nice movies fear of people will body shame her. I think she looks beautiful and elegant.

Wow, if that's for real, it's really sad. I hope she bounces back and regains her confidence of The Dirty Picture days. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Bekind

That's hard to believe 

Are you saying they offered her good roels and she turned down bcz she was afraid of people's comments? 

If that's the case she wouldn't be working in this biz at all, at least not in lead roles

FatalFlaw thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

That's hard to believe 

Are you saying they offered her good roels and she turned down bcz she was afraid of people's comments? 

If that's the case she wouldn't be working in this biz at all, at least not in lead roles

Yeah, it's kinda hard to believe knowing Vidya. She's always been so self-assured and unapologetic about her weight. Maybe all the criticism got to her, who knows? 🤷‍♀️