Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Aloo playing some princess dacoit  roopmati smiley36, the villain?smiley36also heard SLB next will be dacoit queen Roopmati, and if that happens then brace urself smiley4spin-off?

Kiara playing Gauri - cannot wait to see her shot beautifully by SLB especially in songs  acting wise she will deliver ❤️koi doubt nahi 

Edited by Briaahna - 8 months ago
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Briaahna

Aloo playing princess dacoit  roopmati , the villain?smiley36also heard SLB next will be dacoit queen Roopmati, and if that happens then brace urself smiley4spin-off?

Kiara playing Gauri - cannot wait to see her shot beautifully by SLB especially in songs  acting wise she will deliver ❤️koi doubt nahi 

Roopmati is not the villain. She is more like Surpanakha who falls for Baiju and forces herself upon him and then gets a change of heart when she sees his love  and loyalty for Gauri. Tansen is the antagonist.

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 8 months ago
Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I have to watch BB now , one day I started but found it so boring turned  it off smiley36

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Roopmati plays an important role in making Baiju fulfill the promise he had to make to his father...she indeed isn't a villain but has grey shades ...

Bhansali made some very good contemporary movies:

Kamoshi (his first as a director, with Salman and Manisha, I love the subject)

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (Salman, Aish, Ajay)

Black (Amitji, Rani, again a subject I liked)

Saawariya (Ranbir, Sonam, Rani, Salman, a bit boring - to me)

and he wrote the very nice Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi (Boman, Farah Khan), directed by his sister.

Yes, he produced Akshay's Rowdy Rathore and also Priyanka's Mary Kom

Edited by Clochette - 8 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Roopmati plays an important role in making Baiju fulfill the promise he had to make to his father...she indeed isn't a villain but has grey shades ...

and he wrote the very nice Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi (Boman, Farah Khan), directed by his sister.

Yes, he produced Akshay's Rowdy Rathore and also Priyanka's Mary Kom

Ram Leela is also a contemporary movie. That was my favorite SLB movie. 

e1t53e thumbnail

Yes, he produced Alshay's Rowdy Rathore and also Priyanka's Mary Kom

I wouldn’t call black and Saawariya as contemporary though. They are more like a world which belongs to their own. Saawariya , especially, is like a stage drama divided into act 1 , 2, 3…Btw, I may be in the minority but I loved Saawariya too.👀

e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Ram Leela is also a contemporary movie. That was my favorite SLB movie. 

That is the only movie of his, which I couldn’t watch to this day. I watched Only a few scenes here and there and the songs. 

Clochette thumbnail

A movie still on my "to-watch" list I haven't watched yet (the same for BM and Padmavat)...but some day, I will! smiley2

I want to watch it on the white wall (my home cinema in Geneva) to get a bigger screen than a TV but my old projector needs to get exchanged against a new one...alas...

Edited by Clochette - 8 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

I wouldn’t call black and Saawariya as contemporary though. They are more like a world which belongs to their own. Saawariya , especially, is like a stage drama divided into act 1 , 2, 3…Btw, I may be in the minority but I loved Saawariya too.👀

I didn't dislike Saawariya, I even found it to have an interesting style...quite poetic...and I liked Rani very much in her role...but I was too much a distant observer to want to watch it again.

Yes, Black is really a closed world...I had read the Helen Keller book long before this movie had been done...I was mighty impressed by the acting, especially Rani's. And I love the bgm!

e1t53e thumbnail

I didn't dislike Saawariya, I even found it to have an interesting style...quite poetic...and I liked Rani very much in her role...but I was too much a distant observer to want to watch it again.

Yes, Black is really a closed world...I had read the Helen Keller book long before this movie had been done...I was mighty impressed by the acting, especially Rani's. And I love the bgm!

I found Ranbir’s character extremely endearing and also liked Sonam’s character and more importantly the setup. I haven’t watched the movie in years so I cannot say if I like it the same way now. I think I will just let that experience be and not spoil it by the distaste I developed against both the protagonists over a period of time after that.