Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

@Bold: Completely agree with you regarding cooking. 
But, I don’t think she’s bitter. She’s happy with Nick and Malti and having a growing career in Hollywood.. 

I am sure she is very happy with nick and their newborn daughter. But I feel she holds this bitterness towards Bollywood. 

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

smiley37....Its not an American accent......have u ever heard ABCDs(sorry if there is anyone here, I have 2 of my own) speak English?? If they are not in front of you...u won't guess if Its an American or a desi kid who is speaking......because they learn it right from the time they born....I can understand that some may have a little bit acquired accent who has lived here for a long time....but speaking the way PC is speaking....nah that is FAKE.smiley36.....people do not have a blend of accents....smiley37

For real. The only people who would think she sounds American are people from India because they don't have that much experience of awareness of the accent. It's the same way I can't differentiate between different Hindi accents. 

PC sounds like those call center workers who are taught how to fake the accent. When you call tech support, you get these Indian people pretending to be Michael and Lisa and sounding like Indians trying very hard to sound American. She does it better than them after so many years but it's still extremely obvious to American ears that it's a fake accent and not something naturally coming to her. She even changes the pronunciation of words from interview to interview especially when she forgets to fake it or accidentally slips out of whatever she's putting on. 

Originally posted by: hotchoco

For real. The only people who would think she sounds American are people from India because they don't have that much experience of awareness of the accent. It's the same way I can't differentiate between different Hindi accents. 

PC sounds like those call center workers who are taught how to fake the accent. When you call tech support, you get these Indian people pretending to be Michael and Lisa and sounding like Indians trying very hard to sound American. She does it better than them after so many years but it's still extremely obvious to American ears that it's a fake accent and not something naturally coming to her. She even changes the pronunciation of words from interview to interview especially when she forgets to fake it or accidentally slips out of whatever she's putting on. 

Exactly this!!...smiley20....One sentence from them ....and I figure it out that its from India.....nothing against these people.....that is their job....but I remember one time I was working and got super annoyed and told this guy in Hindi.....ki beta dobara iss number per call mat karna...smiley36......this is what I am trying to say......that acquired accent is not like the way she speaks......smiley36

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Exactly this!!...smiley20....One sentence from them ....and I figure it out that its from India.....nothing against these people.....that is their job....but I remember one time I was working and got super annoyed and told this guy in Hindi.....ki beta dobara iss number per call mat karna...smiley36......this is what I am trying to say......that acquired accent is not like the way she speaks......smiley36

Those IRS scammers that keep calling and pretending you are in trouble and now owe the govt your money are the same. You can tell right away they are Indians pretending to be American with their hilarious fake accents. I know so many people who cuss at them in Hindi and hang up the phone. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: hotchoco

PC sounds like those call center workers who are taught how to fake the accent. When you call tech support, you get these Indian people pretending to be Michael and Lisa and sounding like Indians trying very hard to sound American. 

smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37I’m dying