Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bollydolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Since when is “Peppah” American smiley37 

maybe she did not emphasize the "r" but Indians do not roll their R. That is an American thing. So I would say that she has an Indian American accent and not a fake one. 
Fake is Shashi Tharoor. Now that is one fake as fake can be.smiley36

Zilan thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sci-Fi Squad

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

smiley37 

People who pick up accents post their 35/40s really hats off to them. smiley36 For some of my colleagues, within 6 months of moving to Toronto, it became Thorontho. And I was like whaaaa… and to tell you the truth, native English speakers or people from different backgrounds like Russia, France, Ukraine etc. they dont understand these half-baked accents either. Pure Indian English accent does quite well to them. smiley36

I am here for like ~8 yrs now, I still speak very much pure Bengali-Eenglish. Heck I tell my name to everyone in pure Bengali accent, people anyhow gonna ruin it with their accent, why should I do that to myself. smiley37

you have got a solid point. Totally agree 💯

Zilan thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sci-Fi Squad

Boh oh wah smiley37but call it american accent

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Now this I may be able to believe. I mean we just saw this video of Priyanka teaching us how to make cereal. It doesn’t get dumber than that 

She is dumbing down for the masses. It would be hard for her to connect if she aced it liked einstein.

Actually even world-wide IQ average stands at 100 only because of good samaritans like me... who do all the heavy-lifting IQ-wise.smiley36

Above actually explains SRK's success- dumber than dumb audiences, and equally dumb competition.smiley36

Originally posted by: Bollydolly

I cannot understand how one's accent cannot change after living in the US for years unless you have very limited interaction with non Desis. 

Accent changing is natural and not fake at all. 

The company I work for is as American as it can get......I am surrounded by non-Desis...and yet my accent is not changed.....its totally Indian and they all understand it perfectly well.....smiley16

I mean the way PC is speaking is not an accent that comes over the years of living in a foreign land.....it is a forced fake accent that she has put.....its neither American....nor British...it is somewhere in between....people don't change their accents like that....smiley36

Originally posted by: Bollydolly

PC has an American husband and is pretty close to his family plus she has a lot of American friends. 

So she is literally immersed in American cuture. Not surprising for her to have a blend of accents at all.

I think the people calling her accent fake either have never lived in the US or if they do then have very limited non desi interaction.

smiley37....Its not an American accent......have u ever heard ABCDs(sorry if there is anyone here, I have 2 of my own) speak English?? If they are not in front of you...u won't guess if Its an American or a desi kid who is speaking......because they learn it right from the time they born....I can understand that some may have a little bit acquired accent who has lived here for a long time....but speaking the way PC is speaking....nah that is FAKE.smiley36.....people do not have a blend of accents....smiley37

and Birdie.....you r calling people ghetto and with low IQ.....tsk tsk tsk.....PC is not that precious that u r name calling members like that....smiley36

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Tbh. I don't find it cringey. I think people are needlessly harsh on accents. 

https://youtu.be/a6HJkshGqEQ?si=FbJHpj7dphXgUtMG&t=180

I mean, is she really cringier than people who overpronounce foreign words? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKGoVefhtMQ

Am I allowed to say djeet, ope, ya, and uff-da? 

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

and Birdie.....you r calling people ghetto and with low IQ.....tsk tsk tsk.....PC is not that precious that u r name calling members like that....smiley36

come on, now you're going to report me for that falsehood of yours? smiley13And they will of course buy your story hook line and sinker.smiley13

i just talked about people who dont adapt to their surroundings and continue living in their ghetto. I didn't know that included members here. So sorry if that struck home but I wasn't speaking about anyone here specifically.smiley1

as for low IQ, again the statement I made is absolutely correct. Check it out on the net.smiley2

anyway, good try trying to get me into trouble.smiley36

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

The company I work for is as American as it can get......I am surrounded by non-Desis...and yet my accent is not changed.....its totally Indian and they all understand it perfectly well.....smiley16

I mean the way PC is speaking is not an accent that comes over the years of living in a foreign land.....it is a forced fake accent that she has put.....its neither American....nor British...it is somewhere in between....people don't change their accents like that....smiley36

americans are great that way. They humor you to your face. Shouldn't let that get to you.smiley1

ever heard pichai talk? Or nadella? They're desis trying so hard to sound yankie... and it works because people realize they are at least trying.