Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 months ago

Author's Note

Hello my dear readers! smiley1

Back in 2020, right after Nazar had ended, I along with my dear friend Nikita wrote a short story on our beloved protagonists of the show. While we loved how the show came a full circle, several things annoyed us smiley44 and we wanted to address those issues through our story. smiley2

However, looking back now I realize that the story was way too generic and to be completely honest, even we got a little biased while writing the characters. smiley24

As I watched the show again recently, I could understand the characters and why they made certain decisions more clearly. Needless to say, it inspired me to rewrite our story and do justice to our beloved characters.

I hope you guys enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. smiley1

For those who want to read the original story, here you go... A Second Chance

With lots of love and best wishes ....... 

....... Nushrat .......

Edited by Nush_Rat - 3 months ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

A Tale As Old As Time.jpg

Index

Prologue

Chapter - 01

Chapter - 02

Chapter - 03

Chapter - 04

Chapter - 05

Chapter - 06

Chapter - 07

Chapter - 08

Chapter - 09

Chapter - 10

Chapter - 11

Chapter - 12

Chapter - 13

Tagging a few friends and fellow forum members who have read my stories before and inspired me to become a better writer ....... smiley27 smiley27 smiley27

Edited by Nush_Rat - 3 days ago
Nush_Rat thumbnail

Prologue

“You would have made an excellent chemical analyst!”

Looking at the herbs she had brought earlier for extraction, Saavi couldn’t help but wonder how would her life turn out to be if she wasn’t a Reevavanshi. When other kids failed to do the bare minimum, she amazed her teachers with her exceptional laboratory skills, synthesizing different molecules that even some of the teachers found hard to accomplish. No wonder Mr. Bose, her chemistry teacher felt disappointed when she chose to study Archaeology and become her father’s assistant rather than explore her options in the realm of synthetic chemistry. If only he knew what he perceived to be extraordinary was an essential for a Reevavanshi to win over their enemies. 

It never bothered her; how kids her age were terrified of her for her temper and avoided her consciously. If anything, she felt relieved as their company simply annoyed her. While her classmates enjoyed their holidays with their families, she confined herself to Nishant’s study, learning more and more about different Kaalishaktis and training under his guidance. After all, that’s what she had seen her father doing for as long as she could recall. Long before she was mature enough to understand life or consider any other possibility, she had accepted her fate. She was a Reevavanshi - a protector of mankind and she took pride in her identity.

But now that Mohana was defeated, what was her purpose in this world? She poured herself a cup of tea and went near the window. The crimson rays of the late afternoon made her a little sad. Six years ago when they defeated all Kaalishaktis in Pralay Yudh, they knew they had shifted the dynamic between good and evil greatly in their favor. Yet, they knew it wasn’t over and Mohana was going to return sooner or later. However, it was different this time. With Ansh fulfilling his destiny of ending the Ekayan Yug, they knew that had truly set back the evil for eons. She could feel it; her intuition about the dark force had never betrayed her and she knew they were safe. The Reevavanshi clan had finally fulfilled their duty by bringing peace to this world and nothing could feel more gratifying.

Except… with the overwhelming feeling of victory, there was a lingering pain. A void in her heart that she didn’t know what to fill with. The more she tried the more apparent the cracks became until she realized the worrier in her might understand why the heartbreaks she suffered were essential in the grand scheme of things but the little girl in her still longed for her lost family and refused to accept the reality. 

Perhaps it was because of her close association with Naman and his daughter that her unresolved trauma resurfaced after so many years. She loved the child. A part of her was happy that they were going to start a family. However, another part of her felt guilty. She did not belong here. It was Dilruba’s rightful place and Dafli deserved to know her mother; Naman deserved to be with the one he loved and both of them deserved to have the life they dreamed of building together. How did she fit into that equation? Why was Dafli expected to accept her in her mother’s place? Wasn’t it all wrong? Shouldn’t there have been another way? 

At times Saavi felt alone. Conflicted with her contradicting thoughts, she felt ashamed for having the audacity to complain about her situation when both her father and sister seemed to have accepted everything gracefully. Why couldn’t she become more like them? She didn’t know the answer. For all she knew she was fated to be doomed with the burden that came along with being a Reevavanshi. It was both a boon and a curse. But as long as it maintained the natural order and ensured others’ safety, she was okay with carrying the weight of the world and moving forward no matter how much it hurt…

“Sure, I’ll inform Dad once he comes back. Is there…” Saavi stopped midway seeing the light coming out of their lab. Naman had left a couple of hours ago and Piya didn’t inform her about coming. Had Nishant come back already? “Hello, Saavi?” “Sorry Sir, something came up. Don’t worry I’ll give Dad your message.” She bade goodbye to the principal and put the phone down. Did something serious happen for her father to cancel his expedition and return home early? 

“Dad!” Saavi called out Nishant softly. She was familiar with that blank look of her father. While his eyes were fixed on the scrolls lying before him, she knew he was engrossed in some deep thought. After all, that’s how she had seen him her entire life before they got Piya back and she discovered the more humane, emotional side of her father. She smiled inwardly, almost in a melancholy. The day the police declared Divya and Piya dead, she didn’t just lose her mother. She lost her father as well. She was aware of how much he loved her. In fact, she was the reason Nishant chose to live. But that didn’t change the fact that the tragedy robbed them both of a normal family. She grew up with an overprotective father who made sure she learned how to defend herself physically but was too scared to open up to her emotionally. 

She wasn’t oblivious to the reason. After Danish’s death, Nishant was devastated. But with Divya and Piya’s departure, he lost himself completely. It was his fear of losing her that prompted him to conceal his feelings and put up a brave face. Hurt at the beginning, eventually Saavi learned to live with Nishant’s indifference; burying her own pain and anguish deep inside. But the feeling of abandonment never really left her. Yes, she felt abandoned by her mother who sacrificed her life for the greater good. She was frustrated at Piya and Danish for leaving her behind and teaming up in the afterlife. But more than anything, she was angry at God for keeping her alive, neglected and alone while Nishant dwelled in the past, reminiscing about the deceased.

Had Piya not returned, would she ever get to know who her father really was? She didn’t think so. She was grateful to her for bridging the gap between her and Nishant. Yet, too much time had been lost and she could only wish for her complete family in some alternate universe.

“Are you okay? You seem a little lost. Nishant felt a tug in his heartstrings. His little daughter! He never realized when Saavi had become so mature; when calmness finally took over her temper and she learned to read between the lines. If there was anything he regretted more than losing his family, it would be his failure to become the father Saavi deserved. Time and again, he let her down. He was an amazing mentor, her greatest ally when it came to fighting the Kaalishaktis. But when she was trying to understand the meaning of life, when she needed a parent by her side, she got a professor instead of her father. How he wished he could change the wheels of time! How he wanted to correct all his wrongs! But now that there was a possibility he could do that, what path should he choose? “If you were given a chance, would you go back in time and change the course of your life?”

Edited by Nush_Rat - 6 months ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is interesting. I'm not able to connect the dots about the characters except for Piya, I'm invested nonetheless. So many interesting dynamics and so much potential to explore all of this. 

Is this going to have some time travel factor? The last sentence kind of gives me those vibes. Since I'm not very familiar with the main canon I don't know how much divergence here is in your fic. Sorry, I'm just rambling about it. 🙈😭🥲 

The center of this chapter was Saavi who seemed to be at the edge of time, her heart hardened by the tough years. She's blaming herself for the things that aren't her fault. 

I have tons of questions but I'll be waiting for the upcoming chapters. Piya, Ansh, and their kids? How is Mo going to cause more chaos, if at all? 

This will be interesting. Please update soon. 

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Saavi is questioning her life now. She had always been given a fate that she had to follow and she did. But now, is she able to change course?

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Saavi is not the only one with regrets. Even Nishant has his own. He actually can be more of a father now.

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeirofSharingan

This is interesting. I'm not able to connect the dots about the characters except for Piya, I'm invested nonetheless. So many interesting dynamics and so much potential to explore all of this. 

Is this going to have some time travel factor? The last sentence kind of gives me those vibes. Since I'm not very familiar with the main canon I don't know how much divergence here is in your fic. Sorry, I'm just rambling about it. 🙈😭🥲 

The center of this chapter was Saavi who seemed to be at the edge of time, her heart hardened by the tough years. She's blaming herself for the things that aren't her fault. 

I have tons of questions but I'll be waiting for the upcoming chapters. Piya, Ansh, and their kids? How is Mo going to cause more chaos, if at all? 

This will be interesting. Please update soon. 

First of all, thank you for your kind words. ☺️

And secondly, you are absolutely right! There's gonna be a time travelling factor with a twist. 

As for Saavi, in the show she was always shown as a sharp, skilled Reevavanshi. If Piya and Ansh did the fighting, Nishant, Saavi and Naman were the brain behind their strategy. However, while we have seen Nishant and Naman being more humane, Saavi's emotional side wasn't revealed until the very last phase when she got ready to go to any length for reuniting Naman with Dilruba (His wife). How that arc ended, it's another story and I'll mention that in the upcoming chapters as well. So hopefully it'll clear all your confusion. 

I just felt, it was high time Saavi got her due. I don't deny PiyAnsh suffered a lot. But so did the other characters and they need to be acknowledged. 💙

Hence this story. ☺️

I'm making a separate comment to describe their family tree so it'll be easier for you to connect. 🤗

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Originally posted by: coderlady

Saavi is questioning her life now. She had always been given a fate that she had to follow and she did. But now, is she able to change course?

Thank you for reading the story! ☺️

Well, it's not like Nishant had forced Saavi to carry their legacy forward. She was raised by a single parent and willingly accepted to become a Reevavanshi. She has always been proud of her identity. But now that the war is over, she has more time to contemplate and it's bringing up a lot of old memories and unresolved trauma that she kept burying down all these years. So right now she is overwhelmed. And how she finds her closure is gonna be one of the most crucial aspects of this story. I hope you are gonna enjoy how the story unfolds. 🤗

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Originally posted by: coderlady

Saavi is not the only one with regrets. Even Nishant has his own. He actually can be more of a father now.

Yes. In fact, he has become more emotionally involved ever since Piya returned as it assuaged him of his guilt and finally accept his feelings.

Nonetheless he feels guilty for letting down both of his daughters. He could never forgive himself for abandoning Piya even though he went back for her and was informed that she was dead. And he feels guilty for not being the father Saavi deserved in her childhood. That's why despite being a logical and righteous Reevavanshi himself, he's now struggling with the idea of tampering with their timeline so that he can get his family bank. It'll be explained in the next chapter elaborately. So I hope you'll get your answers. 🤗

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Now to clear all your confusions...

As you know, Mohana is the main antagonist of the show. She's an extremely powerful Daayan. She's also called Ekayan because she belongs to a special class of Daayan who lives for 251 years.

Daayanvanshis being all evil are mortal enemies of Sarpvanshis. However, somehow she befriended a powerful Sarpika named Divya who is Piya's mother. This resulted in the other Sarpvanshis to ostracize Divya yet, she chose Mohana's friendship over her clan. On Mohana's insistence that Reevavanshis were killing Daayanvanshis, Divya started to murder them one by one until she met and fell in love with the last Reevavanshi at that time - Nishant.

Divya married Nishant and joined his cause. Together they had three children - Piya, a son and Saavi. In the show, they never revealed his name so I chose the name Danish for him.

Outraged by Divya's betrayal, Mohana snatched Danish from Divya and killed him right before her eyes despite her pleadings. When Nishant got to learn the truth, it created a huge rift between them and Divya left the house with Piya while Nishant kept Saavi.

Later Divya helped the Rathods (Ansh's family) to capture and lock her in a temple. However, it was shown Divya went to a dangerous mission from which she never returned. 

They never gave us any proper explanation but implied that it was related to Mohana. While she was locked inside the temple, somehow she managed to kidnap Divya as well.

Before Divya went for that mission, she left Piya at Guru Maa's (Another pious and knowledgeable lady) care and promised her that she would return soon. By the way, Guru Maa is Naman's mother. Piya and Naman grew up together as friends.

Anyway, when Divya realized the situation was going out of her hand, she called Nishant and pleaded him to come and help her if not as her husband then as a Reevavanshi. Nishant came as soon as possible but by then it was all over; the police informed him about the building catching fire and finding the dear bodies of a woman and a child. So everyone presumed Divya and Piya to be dead. That's the reason Nishant lived in guilt his entire life for not being able to save Divya and Piya that night.

Years later, when Piya became an adult, she came to Mumbai looking for Divya as she got some clue and after a lot of incidents, she reunited with Nishant and Saavi, thus completing their family.