Happy 10th Anniversary #YHM... Analysis Awaiting

--PriyaRay-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Divyanka was with the show since the inception of the project. As destiny decided,  Karan started on 16th August. I joined on 18th September. Can not believe it is ten years!! Just a few months away to be officially called so!! What a journey...seems like yesterday...still vividly remember...proud to be a part of such an iconic show! 

YEH HAI MOHABBATEIN depicts the life and journey of a rich divorcee named Raman Kumar Bhalla and the people related to him. But the journey continues to portray the contrast between two women in his life, his first wife Shagun Arora and his second wife & the love of his life Dr. Ishita Raman Bhalla. Their daughter Ruhi Raman Bhalla is the binding source and him & her - Raman & Ishita together is the destiny.  

I remember how I used to state facts and hints on this forum and sometimes at the receiving end of ardent, animated fans. smiley36 The most famous one was stating the ultimate fact, " Ishita is forever booked for Raman". Lost the count of PMs I received calling me a liar when they thought Ishita Raman divorce might happen, multiple marriages of leads with others etc like other typical shows. LOL. From the very first day it was decided,  Raman would be the only man who would touch and conquer Ishita's heart, body and soul. Ishita would forever be Mrs Raman Kumar Bhalla. By being so, Raman would forever be hers

I had read...intact we had read many character analysis on the YHM forum. Some were wonderful and some were not so. These were interpretations nonetheless, various POVs. I consciously refrained myself from doing any analysis of YHM characters and events as it would've divulged the facts. Rather preferred to leave them to viewers' imagination. That's why many times couldn't reply properly even though I so wanted to do so, as my hands were tied. 

As a tribute to the 10th year anniversary of YHM,  I want to do a few original analysis of YHM characters and events based on facts. Depends on time and of course, the thoughts I gather from my YHM notebooks. I can name a few titles...

# From Ishita Iyer to Mrs Raman Kumar Bhalla: Kumari to Parineeta 

# Ishita's love for Raman 

# Raman's love for Ishita 

# Permeet - Ishita fiasco: the start of Raman's Ishita

# IshRa: Love at First Sight or Love after many sights?

# Shagun: What went wrong? 

# Ishita - Shagun changing equations: a potent indicator of Ishita's obsessive love for Raman 

#Ashok - Raman : A rivalry just for Shagun? 

& hopefully some others...

Food for thought/ interesting anecdotes: 

Can you say why? 

# Raman's chief accountant's name was Subbu/Subramaniam. Was it just a coincidence?

# Ishita's friend actor Sid Malhotra called Raman Bhalla as Ravaan Kumar. What did it signify? 

# Raman's X-ray glasses - just a silly prank? 

#  teenage Adi- Vinni track - just an add-on? 

# Simmi- Ishita convo: Ishita  desperately wanted to become Raman's first wife, first love : Why? 

# The outcome of Abhimanyu - Asia Business Head track? 

#What was the intention of Raman towards Ishita at that Asia Business Head night? 

#Episode 450 to Episode 515... Ishita's 3i? 

& some other anecdotes as I recall 

Happy #10th #YHM :) 

Edited by --PriyaRay-- - 7 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaya321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: --PriyaRay--

# Raman's chief accountant's name was Subbu/Subramaniam. Was it just a coincidence?

# Ishita's friend actor Sid Malhotra called Raman Bhalla as Ravaan Kumar. What did it signify? 

# Raman's X-ray glasses - just a silly prank? 

#  teenage Adi- Vinni track - just an add-on? 

# Simmi- Ishita convo: Ishita  desperately wanted to become Raman's first wife, first love : Why? 

@red: I don't think it was just a coincidence since the name Subbu was so important from Ishita's past. 

@green: That means, Ishita talked about Raman to Sidharth. 

@blue: Raman tried to initiate physical intimacy with Ishita? 

@yellow: Ishita suddenly become a mother of 12 year old boy. This was to show how difficult it was all of a sudden? 

@bold: The insecurities of being the second wife? this was post ISHRA consummation, she totally surrendered to Raman. She was all consumed by him. In return, she wanted the same from Raman. But how could this be when Shagun was his first wife? 

Phoenix- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

"Ishita loves Raman"....hahaha... good joke

Edited by Phoenix- - 7 months ago
Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I became obsessed with YHM after it went off-air and I binge-watched it during the pandemic. I felt it had so much more potential that what the writers did with it in the long run. I spent so much time analyzing things and coming up with new ideas that an entire 75 chapter fic was born from it. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts and maybe even contribute some of my own analyses, if you're okay with it. 

Attaching some links below if you're interesting in reading my thoughts and story.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5175726

^^^My first brain dump of all my ideas and analyses after I first watched the show.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5180886

https://www.wattpad.com/story/248670098-connected-a-yhm-story-✔%EF%B8%8F

^^^Links to my story (my own retelling of YHM) both on IF and Wattpad

Love to all fellow YHM fans!! smiley31smiley27

ankitasen thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --PriyaRay--

#Episode 450 to Episode 515... Ishita's 3i? 

Episode 450

Ishita's reply to Simran : Pehli bar toh sabhi ko nervous karte hai...tension toh hoti hai na pehli bar ko leke?

Just watched the episode 450 reading your post. The dialogue I think was the highlight of the episode. 

zohakhan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Phoenix-

No as per delusional shagun/ah fans like you Shagun loved Raman....This is the real good joke..

--PriyaRay-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: jaya321

@red: I don't think it was just a coincidence since the name Subbu was so important from Ishita's past. 

Certainly not a coincidence. But never saw anyone discussed about it at any point of time in the forum (quite disappointed that no one caught that, even though it was one of the most heavily discussed and character analysis driven forums ever!) Although a subtle one, this was a big clue. Ishita must have heard the name thousand times from Raman, Mihir and Romi but it didn't evoke a single emotion from her. This was a subtle way to show the audience from the creative team that indeed Subbu was completely out of her system. What if there was a role reversal...what if there was another one named Shagun? Imagine, Raman's epic reactions to that...

@green: That means, Ishita talked about Raman to Sidharth. 

That's the obvious giveaway. But if you go deep into  analysis...think about this... Ishita was in the company with one of the most handsome men in the country (even though they are old friends) but only thing she could talk about her husband, that too intimate details about him. Remember, Raavan Kumar was her copyright. She must've talked about Raman a lot to get to this. Just a few months ago, she didn't find any interest to talk about HIM when her fellow dentist colleague asked about her husband as they were just married. And...now...in accompany with the hottest property in the form of Sidharth Malhotra, HER mind and thoughts were occupied with Raavan Kumar! What a complete U-turn...

@blue: Raman tried to initiate physical intimacy with Ishita? 

Not initiate.... but tried to make her comfortable with this form of intimacy as this was a new/foreign territory for her. X-ray glass prank may appear silly on surface but the message was quite bold, beautiful and utmost caring from Raman. 

@yellow: Ishita suddenly become a mother of 12 year old boy. This was to show how difficult it was all of a sudden? 

That was just one part. Hint...this track was started when Subbu comeback/revenge track was also on. They were connected. 

@bold: The insecurities of being the second wife? this was post ISHRA consummation, she totally surrendered to Raman. She was all consumed by him. In return, she wanted the same from Raman. But how could this be when Shagun was his first wife? 

Ishita had to feel COMPLETE... She had to experience the feelings that She was a COMPLETE woman. This was her biggest insecurity before marriage. She became Raman's wife in all forms. She became COMPLETE after her first night. Raman had become her first and last...in all forms - heart, body & soul. Where did HE stand? In her mind...no matter what she did...she could not fight destiny...she could not erase the fact that Shagun was his first wife with whom he had two children...that Shagun with whom he was once most intimate with. Shagun had been the biggest insecurity of her life and that's because of the obsessive love Ishita had for Raman. 

--PriyaRay-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Phoenix-

Ishita to Raman...kya aab apki zindagi meri zindagi nahin hain? (Isn't now your life mine too?)

Ishita to Mani....Raman meri zindagi hain. I love Raman. ( Raman is my life. I love Raman)

Ishita to Shagun....Raman mere liye sab Kuch hain. Aur Adi unke liye sab kuch. (Raman is everything to me. And, Adi is everything to him). 

Ishita to Raman....Mujhe Ruhi ke sath iss zindagi mein Jo mila hai woh Subbu ke sath uss zindagi mein Kabhi nahi milti... ( What I have got from Ruhi in this life, I would never got it from Subbu in that life).  Point to be noted...RKB got jealous of his own daughter but forgot to ponder what it really meant. With Subbu, she could still adopt a child and give all her love to that child as motherly love was very natural to her. But what she could not get with Subbu was Raman. She, with way of her words, put Raman first even though the "sirf Ruhi ke liye" veil was still on. 

Ishita to Raman... Maat bitao mere sath saat janam, Raman. Maat raho mere sath....jitna gussa nikalna hai nikal lo...mein phir bhi apko pareshan nahin hone dungi..mein phir bhi apko talkif mein nahin dekh sakti... Kuch bhi ho jaye, mein rahungi apke sath ( Don't spend seven life times with me, Raman...if that's what you want. Vent all your anger out on me...still I'll save you from getting in trouble...still I can't see you in pain. Whatever happens, I will always be with you, always be yours.) 

Ishita to Mihika...Raman and I are just made for each other. We are just meant to be. There is some cosmic connection.

Ishita to Raman...Raman, I really really love you. You are my hero, your are my winner and always will be no matter what happens in the future.

By the way, who is Ishita? A "rejectee". She had been rejected by many men...unworthy of love... unworthy of marriage. And what that " rejectee" did? Fell in love with a man despite knowing the fact ( although a misconception, but in her mind it was 100% true) that he was madly in love with his ex- wife!! And, that man was her husband Raman which meant the "rejectee" Ishita risked a life time of rejection as marriage even though might be a deal but to her, it was for a lifetime, if not for saat janam. She risked lifetime pain & sufferings..risked lifetime rejection but still fell in love with Raman assuming he was in love with Shagun. This is ultimate & purest form of love. 

--PriyaRay-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditi_X

I became obsessed with YHM after it went off-air and I binge-watched it during the pandemic. I felt it had so much more potential that what the writers did with it in the long run. I spent so much time analyzing things and coming up with new ideas that an entire 75 chapter fic was born from it. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts and maybe even contribute some of my own analyses, if you're okay with it. 

So glad to see that you emotionally invested in YHM after it went of-air. Many get attached with the show after it ended. Such is the beauty of timeless YHM. 

We always welcomed person to person interpretation of the show...always preferred to leave the audience with their own interpretation/imagination. At the same time, we expected our mature audience would get what we're trying to say...with the nuances & subtleties. I couldn't analyze due to work commitment but I now I can and it will be my tribute to 10 years of YHM. With the gist of original analysis of characters and events of YHM from team YHM, the rewatch of YHM will be more meaningful & enjoyable.

--PriyaRay-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: ankitasen

Episode 450

Ishita's reply to Simran : Pehli bar toh sabhi ko nervous karte hai...tension toh hoti hai na pehli bar ko leke?

Just watched the episode 450 reading your post. The dialogue I think was the highlight of the episode. 

Bingo! Take a look at episode number...450. Epis like 100, 150, 200, 250 etc were special ones. They conveyed special messages in it. This was it for 450. Also, this was part of the ultimate track of YHM -- The Mohabbatein Track. It had two parts dealing with their insecurities...one for Raman..he had to come first for Ishita in everything...he had to be her hero...this was already done at time. The second one for Ishita...just started...She needed to be DESIRED by Raman...She needed to feel COMPLETE. She needed to overcome "3i "s - insecurity of rejection & being compered with his ex-wife, infertility and her inexperience with physical intimacy. Each and every one was covered from 450 to 515-6 and the Mohabbatein was fulfilled. 

The dialogue you've quoted was a kind of monologue of Ishita in her long conversation with Raman's cousin's newly wedded wife. It revealed Ishita's inner turmoil, hesitance, jittery etc about her "first time". 

I posted at the time in the forum....focus on Ishita's "3i"... Ishita's inexperience rather than the Subbu track.  Unfortunately many didn't get it. Subbu track and other subsequent tracks were just subplots, the ultimate mohabbatein track was Ishita's "3i" which obviously culminated with their consummation. Now rewatch 450 to 519-20, it's definitely gonna be more meaningful.