Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: Message

stop using everything English ppl have given to you from all the modern day comforts to technology on your hand with which you are typing away. 

Sure, as soon as these “English ppl” pay reparations to their former colonies including, of course, India.

It’s hard to quantify “English ppl’s” loot and how much the British siphoned off from India but some estimates put it in trillions of dollars in today’s monetary value.

From the 1st century CE to the start of British colonization in India in the 17th century, India's GDP varied between 25% and 35% of the world's total GDP, more than all of Europe combined. By the time the British departed India, it had dropped to less than 4%.

We aren’t even talking about the millions of Indians who fought alongside British in world wars 1 and 2 or the millions who died in Bengal famine “thanks” to Churchill’s diversion of food from starving Indians to British forces. Tough to put a number on the millions of lives lost. Maybe you could, you seem capable.

While your statements are nauseating, your remark on technology is hilarious! Your obliviousness to India’s growth in the technology sector and how it has transformed itself into a global technology hub, is pitiable!

Stick to copy/pasting others’ articles from foreignpolicy.com and claiming them as your own.

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

This is such a strange argument, I carry the name since the time i was born. Back then I couldn't speak, we didn't have mobiles, so just because I still have that name I shouldn't speak or use mobile??

How is being proud of the ancient name of this country mean forgoing modern advancements?

The roots of the name India are even more ancient than the roots of the name Bharat.

Bharat was also a name given to this land by invaders who came on horses and chariots and who drove the people living in the northern parts of the land to south and they called that land Bharat.

At least the name India has connections with the indigenous people of ancient India.

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aparnauma

The roots of the name India are even more ancient than the roots of the name Bharat.

Bharat was also a name given to this land by invaders who came on horses and chariots and who drove the people living in the northern parts of the land to south and they called that land Bharat.

At least the name India has connections with the indigenous people of ancient India.

Care tell me how the name India has connections with indigenous people of ancient India? Have the people driven to south ever used the word India??

Where did you get that the roots of India is more ancient than Bharat?? The roots of India is from Indus which is a mispronounciation of Sindhu the name given to the river in North West by the same invaders who came on chariot.

And tell me the history of land (history not prehistory) Before the invaders came here?? Do we know what the indigenous people of this land called the country??

The oldest mention of word Bharat predates that India and that was by invaders who came on horses after the invaders who came on chariots, to add these invaders who named the area India were descendants of the same group from which few people had come to this land on chariots millenia back

Don't make history of your own to make this random claim 

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 8 months ago
Moonks thumbnail

Originally posted by: aparnauma

संस्कृत विश्व की सबसे प्राचीन भाषा है जिसका लैखिक प्रमाण भी है और भारत एक संस्कृत शब्द है और ग्रीक भाषा जिससे इंडिया शब्द का जन्म हुआ है संस्कृत के बाद आई है और अंग्रेज़ी तो उसके भी बाद, इसीलिए मेरे पास आपके लिये एक सुझाव है उस विषय में बात नहीं करते है जिस विषय में जानकारी ना हो॥ 

Originally posted by: Moonks

संस्कृत विश्व की सबसे प्राचीन भाषा है जिसका लैखिक प्रमाण भी है और भारत एक संस्कृत शब्द है और ग्रीक भाषा जिससे इंडिया शब्द का जन्म हुआ है संस्कृत के बाद आई है और अंग्रेज़ी तो उसके भी बाद, इसीलिए मेरे पास आपके लिये एक सुझाव है उस विषय में बात नहीं करते है जिस विषय में जानकारी ना हो॥ 

Also Greeks are from the same Proto Indo European group to which the Indo Aryans (supposed invaders on chariot to this land) belong. Just that their civilization developed much later than Indo Aryans

To s/he is fine with the name given by people of that group who developed and attacked us later, but has issues in accepting the name given by people of same group who were here since much earlier times...

The later attackers of Indo European groups to him/her is closer to indigenous people than those who had amalgamated into this culture millenia back....

Such hatred yaar.

Neerasi29 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Just my personal opinion..sentiment behind is good..it should be promoted more in sentiment..but taxpayers hard earned money should not be spend in this name change like change in documents and everywhere. India is used by a lot of entities..restaurant names...IPL..channel names..india TV..india today. IIT list is hugeeeee..it would be practical nightmare ..money should be spend in countrys development and making Bharat excel in real issues..they should keep both India and Bharat..just enforce Bharat more

Edited by Neerasi29 - 8 months ago

Originally posted by: Neerasi29

Just my personal opinion..sentiment behind is good..it should be promoted more in sentiment..but taxpayers hard earned money should not be spend in this name change like change in documents and everywhere. India is used by a lot of things..restaurant names...IPL..channel names..india TV..india today. IIT list is hugeeeee..it would be practical nightmare ..money should be spend in countrys development and making Bharat excel in real issues..they keep both India and Bharat..just enforce Bharat more

This I completely agree, also Bharat is as much an official name as India, we can still have both the names while promoting Bharat more

Rsrockz thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Forum ka naam pathaa nahi lekin Bharath that is Indiasmiley32 resonates well with people across the countrysmiley41.

Like we know that government will put a bill in the parliament to keep the official name of our country as Bharat, which is also one of the name mentioned in our constitution, so will the forum’s name also be changed with after the bill is passed?? 

https://m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/govt-likely-to-move-bill-to-rename-india-as-bharat-in-parliaments-special-session/articleshow/103381210.cms 

https://business.outlookindia.com/amp/story/news/president-of-bharat-what-can-be-the-cost-of-an-official-name-change-from-india-to-bharat

aparnauma thumbnail

Sanskrit is the oldest language in the world which also has written evidence and India is a Sanskrit word and Greek language from which the word India was born came after Sanskrit and English after that too, that's why I have a suggestion for you on that subject I don't talk about things I don't know about. 

Point no 1 Sanskrit is not the oldest language leave alone in our country.Dravidian languages were in use in India long before Sanskrit arrived on scene.

Point no 2 Sanskrit did not give rise to greek as you seem to believe.

Point No 3 Davidian languages are seperate group altogether which were not born from Sanskrit.

The name Bharat doesn't mean anything to people of Davidian origins who were actually descendents of the people of Indus valley civilisation.

Before the arrival of Aryans and their horses and their Vedas the language spoken in this land was a Protodravidian language from which Tamil Telugu Kannada Malayalam and some laguages in central India Nepal and the current day Baluchistan (Which were all part of the great Indian subcontinent)

Tamil Telugu and Devanagari Scripts developed in parallel. So Sanskrit should NOT be down in peoples throats.

It would be a good idea to know the  history of this land before assuming that people all over the country will accept this name Bharat

aparnauma thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Care tell me how the name India has connections with indigenous people of ancient India? Have the people driven to south ever used the word India??

Where did you get that the roots of India is more ancient than Bharat?? The roots of India is from Indus which is a mispronounciation of Sindhu the name given to the river in North West by the same invaders who came on chariot.

And tell me the history of land (history not prehistory) Before the invaders came here?? Do we know what the indigenous people of this land called the country??

The oldest mention of word Bharat predates that India and that was by invaders who came on horses after the invaders who came on chariots, to add these invaders who named the area India were descendants of the same group from which few people had come to this land on chariots millenia back

Don't make history of your own to make this random claim 

If India was a name given by foreigners so is Bharat which was given by the outsiders who entered this country. The part of the land which they called Bharat did not include the portion South of Vindhyas.

We may not know what those people lived in Indus Valley people called themselves but we have physical evidence of the great culture they built. Unlike some other pastoralists whose greatness solely lies in the stories they wrote about themselves and boasting about how they drove the people south.

So if we want our heritage to be reflected in the name our country India is any day better than Bharat.

The name India has sprung from aspirations of people from all over the world wanting a part of it . It comes with a brand value that no other country in the world can match it. 

India is the reason why w have places like West Indies, Indo China  not to mention Indian ocean.

***** For the record I never had problems with Bharat or India. If they want to chane this for some cheap political gains I will oppose.

To be honest I'd preferI ndia and Hindu Desh over Bharat anyday.