Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

What is this info based on? I live in South India. Here they religiously follow the Vedic culture. Veda is a very common name in the southernmost state of Kerala. Bharat is a very very common name even in older generation.

M mentioning names coz they r the first and very relatable means to understand the culture..there r many other references to show South was always part of Bharat Varsha. Even in spoken language they use this term till date.

There is a place in TN called Tenkasi which literally means Kashi of South. 

IMO this isn't a topic of debate at all

How many people in Tamilnadu accept Vedic culture? Do Dalits accept Vedic culture? 

A lot of people follow Ambedkar these days and do they accept Vedic culture? 

Who is Bharata?  There are many Bharatas in Vedas. After which Bharata the land is named? Bharat Varsha was always above Vindhyas.If this Bharata king did exist where is the historical proof?Is ther an archeological evidence?

Indus Valley civilisation and people of Indus valley existed and we have solid proof of their existence. And teir contributions are there for all the world to see even today. They were truly Vishwagurus.

On a side note I personally have no problem with the country being referred to as Bharat until the ruling party decided to come up with the name as  only Bharat .

Current ruling party is no different from the invaders who imposed their culture and languages on us including the aryans

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: aparnauma

How many people in Tamilnadu accept Vedic culture? Do Dalits accept Vedic culture? 

A lot of people follow Ambedkar these days and do they accept Vedic culture? 

Who is Bharata?  There are many Bharatas in Vedas. After which Bharata the land is named? Bharat Varsha was always above Vindhyas.If this Bharata king did exist where is the historical proof?Is ther an archeological evidence?

Indus Valley civilisation and people of Indus valley existed and we have solid proof of their existence. And teir contributions are there for all the world to see even today. They were truly Vishwagurus.

On a side note I personally have no problem with the country being referred to as Bharat until the ruling party decided to come up with the name as  only Bharat .

Current ruling party is no different from the invaders who imposed their culture and languages on us including the aryans

Are we talking about these days or ancient civilization? These days people follow all sorts of cultures, religions, panths, Godmen and so on.

AFAIK Tamilians r very religious and ritualistic. Even the CMs family visits temples and perform Poojas though they may preach the opposite. 

No where did I say Indus Valley Civilization didn't exist..I said it wasn't called that at the time.

John Marshall was the first scholar who used the term 'Indus Civilization' for the Harappa Civilization. The time period of this civilization was 2500 BC - 1750 BC. This civilization was mainly known for its great urban planning and sewage system.

What was it called before that..pls find out. Lot of info on internet. Not the place to discuss this

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Ok

Since this has moved to debate mansion will post few things..and hopefully nothing more on the topic

Root of “India”Derived from Sindhu (Indus River); Used by Greeks since 5th century BCE.

This river was known to the ancient Indians in Sanskrit as Sindhu and the Persians as Hindu which was regarded by both of them as "the border river".[10][11][12][13][14] The variation between the two names is explained by the Old Iranian sound change *s > h, which occurred between 850 and 600 BCE according to Asko Parpola.[15][16] From the Persian Achaemenid Empire, the name passed to the Greeks as Indós (Ἰνδός).[17] It was adopted by the Romans as Indus.[18] The name India is derived from Indus.[19][20] The Indigenous peoples of the Americas are commonly called "Indians" or "Indios", a misnaming that dates to Christopher Columbus's erroneous belief that he had landed near India in 1492, when he actually landed in the Americas.

Origin of “Bharat”Sanskrit literature, Mahabharata; Descendants of King Bharat

If we count this .. Mahabharat was in 3rd century BCE.

But Bharat is mentioned even in Rigveda.

The word 'Bharat' comes from Bharata, which first comes from Rig Veda. 

Bharata was the first chakravartin (universal emperor or possessor of chakra) of Avasarpini (present half time cycle). He was the eldest son of RishabhanathaThe ancient name of India was named "Bhāratavarsha" or "Bhārata" or "Bharata-bhumi" after him.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Lalu ji explaining difference between India and Bharat 

https://x.com/rishibagree/status/1699299988667572593?s=46&t=Q96IWrDq2C9bhu2B8fjITg

Edited by NimbuMirchi - 8 months ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

IMG_1992.jpeg

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Calcutta to Kolkata

Madras to Chennai

Bangalore to Bengaluru

Trivandrum to Thiruvananthapuram

Bombay to Mumbai

Mysore to Mysuru

Hubli to Hubbali

Cochin to Kochi

Pondicherry to Puducherry

Belgaum to Belagavi

Calicut to Kozhikode 

All these and more changed in 2000s and no one batted n eyelid. Hungama happens only now.

Here is the list with year of change

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaming_of_cities_in_India

I cannot speak for the other name changes. But bloody hell was raised Bombay's name was changed. 

To this date, you have people expressing a strong preference for Bombay. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Why not Jambudwipa? 

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Calcutta to Kolkata

Madras to Chennai

Bangalore to Bengaluru

Trivandrum to Thiruvananthapuram

Bombay to Mumbai

Mysore to Mysuru

Hubli to Hubbali

Cochin to Kochi

Pondicherry to Puducherry

Belgaum to Belagavi

Calicut to Kozhikode 

All these and more changed in 2000s and no one batted n eyelid. Hungama happens only now.

Here is the list with year of change

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaming_of_cities_in_India

This.

The reason we all know. It's the leftist wokes that do not understand why this is required. This is like breaking free from communal slavery . But no , it has to be India , a name given to us to show our status as less , as subjugated , because it was difficult for them to call it Hindustan or Bharat and they wanted a anglicized name for their slavery ground.

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Are we talking about these days or ancient civilization? These days people follow all sorts of cultures, religions, panths, Godmen and so on.

AFAIK Tamilians r very religious and ritualistic. Even the CMs family visits temples and perform Poojas though they may preach the opposite. 

No where did I say Indus Valley Civilization didn't exist..I said it wasn't called that at the time.

John Marshall was the first scholar who used the term 'Indus Civilization' for the Harappa Civilization. The time period of this civilization was 2500 BC - 1750 BC. This civilization was mainly known for its great urban planning and sewage system.

What was it called before that..pls find out. Lot of info on internet. Not the place to discuss this

Tamilians are ritualistic and religious but how much of it is part of Vedic civilisation? Southern part of  India had it's own civilisation that was different from that of aryans. Bharat comes from vedic and aryan civilisation. All the indenous people who werent part of vedic civilisation were called dasa dasyus by aryans. Calling it Bharat means ignoring the sensibilities of those people who do not believe in Vedic Hindusim.

It cannot be called Bharat alone.

Please do not assume that Vedic religion and history is the only culture of this country. Our genes tell a story of their own. From that you can learn who came first who came later.

Since I was advised to serach for information I am offering the same advice. 

This is it from me on this topic.

Have a good day.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I cannot speak for the other name changes. But bloody hell was raised Bombay's name was changed. 

To this date, you have people expressing a strong preference for Bombay. 

And no one is stopping them..even the stock exchange is called Bombay Stock Exchange BSE. 

Officially the name is changed to Mumbai.