MasterChef India Season 8 coming soon on SonyLiv - Page 6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Chemcart_MJ

Lol, I also see her sticking to Rajasthani/Marwari food & not much innovation.smiley5smiley36If another vegetarian, toh gayi bhes paani mei lol. 

Vegetarian is still ok, but there’s going to be no innovation and she’ll stick to what she knows - ghevar, kachori, etc

Minionite thumbnail

Lol today's highlight for me was almost everyone getting some criticism from one or more of the judges and the best part was Subhojit's dish not being tasted at all. Banda kitna overconfident tha aapne dish ko lekar especially after basically everyone before him got criticized. And they didn't even taste his dish because the chicken wasn't cooked.

I'm a vegetarian. I know nothing about meats, but I do know that chicken is one of the easiest meats to cook. HOW THE F DO YOU NOT COOK THAT PROPERLY?

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

The whole flying parachute(s) visual was so gimmicky like just say its an immunity pin round lol.  smiley29 😂 🤣A lot of the contestants are such blabbermouths that their excitation is, essentially, my exasperation as a viewer.  smiley11smiley36

Suraj- Lol, I thought the green color was from the lemon grass but nope it's artificial color lol. 😂 🤣 smiley37Also, can Ranveer  LET Pooja SPEAK and stop being a complete gyaani baba?smiley5smiley36Limited to desserts.

Koshlya- the khichda galwani (otherwise known as bajre ki khichdi) was looking boring, could've added a simple dhania leaf or something to top it off. I wish the raita was lemongrass-flavored or something tbh. 

Mohammad- I think he's a so-so contestant. Dish looked okay but I feel there is more scope for improvement. 

Kriti- limited to bakery. Bored to tears of observing desserts from her side. Probably another "Gurkirat" in the house lol. I do like the concept of black garlic ice cream but she's limited to desserts IMO. 

Nidhi- fixated on her dish being Ranveer's signature dish rather than focusing on herself lol. smiley36I felt presentation could've been better. Clearly, one of Ranveer's favorites esp going forward lol. 

Prachi- not impressed with the kokum ceviche presentation. Sol kadhi was nice though but she needs to improve. 

Subhojit- horrible plating, food looked so cluttered. Gondhoraj lemon was shoddily represented. Lol, chicken looked raw as hell. smiley37

Kennie- rich colors but a yawny presentation.

Nambi- childish presentation, like it's inadequate in proportions. 🤦‍♀️ 

Harry- what a boring spoon technique like no topping in the raita/yoghurt part..

Sima- another boring presentation.

Rukhsar- burnt roti as nacho chip type presentation was bad attempt..plating overall was like leftovers from couple of days ago..

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail

Why can't they show the use of air fryer for once? Never seen that on a Masterchef India & it would be interesting if they have a frying-based competition & use air fryer. Come on, man MCI makers. I can give better competition ideas lol. 

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chemcart_MJ

Why can't they show the use of air fryer for once? Never seen that on a Masterchef India & it would be interesting if they have a frying-based competition & use air fryer. Come on, man MCI makers. I can give better competition ideas lol. 

Looks like they read your mind. Harry used an air fryer today

Raina101 thumbnail

Today the contestants had to use different equipments to cook - air fryer, smoke gun, siphon cake, ice cream churner, grill pan, pasta maker, idiyappam maker, steamer, meat mincer, and I can’t remember one.

It was interesting because some people had to move out of their comfort zones. 

Nidhi and Mohammed Ashiq had the best dishes while Kaushalya and Seema don’t proceed to the next round.

some dishes were so simple and not masterchef level. This year I believe the level of cooking is a lot lower - Kaushalya made a paneer sandwich, Harry made a gratin, Ashiq made a simple dish which tasted delicious, Nidhi made idiyappam (used like noodles) and a pumpkin soup (her dish reminded me of khao suey), Kriti made pasta.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

Today the contestants had to use different equipments to cook - air fryer, smoke gun, siphon cake, ice cream churner, grill pan, pasta maker, idiyappam maker, steamer, meat mincer, and I can’t remember one.

Nidhi and Mohammed Ashiq had the best dishes while Kaushalya and Seema don’t proceed to the next round.

some dishes were so simple and not masterchef level. This year I believe the level of cooking is a lot lower - Kaushalya made a paneer sandwich, Harry made a gratin, Ashiq made a simple dish which tasted delicious, Nidhi made idiyappam (used like noodles) and a pumpkin soup (her dish reminded me of khao suey), Kriti made pasta.

I didn't likr any of the dishes tbh. All of them were sooo plain & wishy-washy, man. I did like Suraj's minced fish effort. Koshalya has to be the worst contestant like so much blunders. I'm glad she didn't proceed to the next round. She deserved that criticism for trying to wing it today. 

Too much praises for Nidhi. Clearly, Ranveer's favorite. 

Minionite thumbnail

All I don't know when a public forum will be created, so I've created a private forum for MCI 8

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/1626

Edited by Minionite - 7 months ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raina101

@ Bold: I feel like this season so far is about influencers making dishes that anyone can make at home. I mean seriously paneer sandwich? That's their MC level?

Raina101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

All I don't know when a public forum will be created, so I've created a private forum for MCI 8

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/1626ra

it doesn’t work