Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

Kamal is also often gimmicky and overactor and too methodical. Sanjeev saab was too natural, effortless and subtle and never relied much on prosthetics, explicit scenes or make up or highly methodical and laborious acting.

Kamal is too full of himself and goes overboard in doing all sorts of roles himself in own productions.

He is self obsessed and lacks natural and unassuming nature of Sanjeev saab.

Sanjeev Kumar was so natural that even his photoshoots look like photo of common man and not an actor of hit films.

That is what sets him apart from usual actors.

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Kamal is also often gimmicky and overactor and too methodical. Sanjeev saab was too natural, effortless and subtle and never relied much on prosthetics, explicit scenes or make up or highly methodical and laborious acting.

Kamal is too full of himself and goes overboard in doing all sorts of roles himself in own productions.

He is self obsessed and lacks natural and unassuming nature of Sanjeev saab.

Sanjeev Kumar was so natural that even his photoshoots look like photo of common man and not an actor of hit films.

That is what sets him apart from usual actors.

THIS u ðŸ˜†

Screenshot 2023-07-28 003457.jpg

atominis thumbnail

I wrote that comment based on other things Kamal has done as director, make up artiste, choreographer, writer, producer, which makes him a pro at all departments of cinema.

I still stand by it.

But the comment in this thread was only about acting.

As actor Sanjeev is ahead.

But as complete institution of every aspect of cinema, Kamal Haasan is on top and probably only Guru Dutt, V Shantaram, Raj Kapoor or to some extent Aamir Khan may be discussed in same debate when it comes to one artiste working in various aspects of cinema.

The nuance is clear.

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

I wrote that comment based on other things Kamal has done as director, make up artiste, choreographer, writer, producer, which makes him a pro at all departments of cinema.

I still stand by it.

But the comment in this thread was only about acting.

As actor Sanjeev is ahead.

But as complete institution of every aspect of cinema, Kamal Haasan is on top and probably only Guru Dutt, V Shantaram, Raj Kapoor or to some extent Aamir Khan may be discussed in same debate when it comes to one artiste working in various aspects of cinema.

The nuance is clear.

cover drive btr thn kohli n tendulkar ðŸ¤£

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

You are comparing versatility. Sanjeev was famous for all kinds of roles. Koshish he played a deaf and mute man. Naiya Din Naiya Raat he plays nine different roles. His comedy in Angoor, Biwi, Pati patni aur woh. Nishan he played two distinct parts. Khilona he played a mentally challenged character. 

You need to reread my post. I specifically said "Big scale commercial cinema". If you actually think Thakur in Sholay was great acting....then there is no discussion. 

It's like comparing Nawaaz with Aamir Khan. Nawaz is the better actor but he's limited, in the sense he can't do Andaaz Apna Apna, Raja Hindustani, Dhoom etc. Bachchan wasn't limited at all. Which is why he gets a slight edge.