Success Of Oppenheimer

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Box office success and critical acclaim of Oppenheimer points towards a very important thing- that if the content and quality of a movie is solid....viewers would sit for 3 hours in a hall without a complain. Only the lame movies need to be shorter as their content/story is shit. ðŸ˜† 

What do you think? Btw, have you or haven't yet watched Oppenheimer?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I have watched Oppenheimer and I think it’s success is mainly due to how Nolan utilised IMAX . Most of its money is coming from IMAX screens alone worldwide .  It doesnt feel the same on normal screens. 

Edited by 2RsFan - 1 years ago
LadyMacbeth thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

I have watched Oppenheimer and I think it’s success is mainly due to how Nolan utilised IMAX . Most of its money is coming from IMAX screens alone worldwide .  It doesnt feel the same on normal screens. 

Yes, I have watched on Imax as well. But my point still remains. 

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Nolan knows how to deliver. He delivered. People in my theatre were engrossed. Two boys in my front row were searching father of atomic bomb, Oppenheimer and Bhagwat Gita etc. I am pretty sure none were bored. I must say this is one of the best movies I have ever seen, minus that scene (was that scene necessary... Don't know)

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Most probably I will be one of those who won't go watch the movie. I still remember a movie (made after a theatre play and for German TV: In the matter of J. Robert Oppenheimer) which I still find excellent in painting a portray of the man, the time he lived and worked and the ambiguity of his achievements.

Until now, I don't feel the drive to watch another movie about him/that (although I would like to see Robert Downey Jr as Lewis Strauss).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I can't believe Oppenheimer (14 Crores) opened more than MI (11 Crores) despite clashing with Barbie (4 Crores). Could have got almost 20 Crore opening with a solo release.

Like when it comes to Hollywood, Indian audience mostly watches sci-fi action movies, mostly marvel films. A three hour long biopic about an American scientist and American history opening more than mindless action film from a popular franchise in India? Speaks volumes about Nolan fan-following. 

Haven't watched Oppenheimer yet. Went for Barbie first. 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PangaNaLe

I can't believe Oppenheimer (14 Crores) opened more than MI (11 Crores) despite clashing with Barbie (4 Crores). Could have got almost 20 Crore opening with a solo release.

Like when it comes to Hollywood, Indian audience mostly watches sci-fi action movies, mostly marvel films. A three hour long biopic about an American scientist and American history opening more than mindless action film from a popular franchise in India? Speaks volumes about Nolan fan-following. 

Haven't watched Oppenheimer yet. Went for Barbie first. 

Not just in India. Everywhere. The film is about to make 600-700 Million strictly on his name despite intense competition from bigger blockbusters. Easily one of the biggest directors of all time. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Does that mean Barbie is a floppie?

LadyMacbeth thumbnail

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

Not just in India. Everywhere. The film is about to make 600-700 Million strictly on his name despite intense competition from bigger blockbusters. Easily one of the biggest directors of all time. 

At the very least 750  million. Also it'll earn a lot from the digital rights as well. 

Off topic - I really hope there is a longer director's cut for Oppenheimer's digital release. ðŸ˜³

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Maybe I’ll a stream it