Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 months ago

Yes

But not in movie industry smiley15

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

No! Katrina did her debut in c grade movie like BOOMsmiley24Anybody who thinks she would have made it big without Salman should just watch her in that terrible scene with Gulshan Groversmiley22 

If Salman had not casted her in Maine pyar kyun kiya she would have continued with c grade movies and then disappeared. I still remember those days there was lot of buzz about Katrina being Salman's new gf. Later what she achieved was all her destiny and hard work though she lacked acting talent.

There are so many gorgeous looking women who try their luck in Bollywood & then disappear. 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Katrina would not have existed had salman not come in her life. Period. She started with Boom for crying out loud. She would have eithee been another erotic actress doing C grade movies or most likely disappeared completely

So this answers the main Q itself..Salman was the ticket and entry to BW..

BUT..is her being one of the biggest A list stars doing solely because of Salman..NO..he was the ticket and he was a great support to her..but her becoming a star was only because the audience liked her..it is exactly like alia and kjo situation..he gave her movies after movies..he was the ticket..but audience liked her..

You always become a star with audience acceptance..and that is always organic..no one..no one..can make audience fall in love with you

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Although I don't understand what is spoken in the clip, I know that Katrina never belittled the importance Salman had in her carreer as a filmstar. The 38 years old Salman litterally took the 20 years old Katrina 'under his wings'. There is no need to deny the impact this relationship had on Katrina's life and she would be the last one to deny that.

What I find much more interesting is the fact, that their separation didn't damage their friendship...obviously their communication as a couple was a lot healthier as the one Salman had before with Aish...and looking at Katrina's way to express herself I can relate to that...her growing confidence in the filmindustry made her intelligence come through in her way of expressing herself in interviews and talks.

I won't like to speculate about a 'what-if'... she definitely has  her own dedication, beauty and screen presence that brought her from the modelling career to the big screen.

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
forza thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

of course Yes 

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

No matter what kind of a screen presence Katrina got, she could NOT have succeeded without Salman to THIS level of a superstar, because she could not have possibly gotten all of those plum projects and big opportunities in a row consistently without Salman's connection. 

Plain and simple, no matter how much one can deny. 

Edited by sharaban - 1 months ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Katrina would not have existed had salman not come in her life. Period. She started with Boom for crying out loud. She would have eithee been another erotic actress doing C grade movies or most likely disappeared completely

So this answers the main Q itself..Salman was the ticket and entry to BW..

BUT..is her being one of the biggest A list stars doing solely because of Salman..NO..he was the ticket and he was a great support to her..but her becoming a star was only because the audience liked her..it is exactly like alia and kjo situation..he gave her movies after movies..he was the ticket..but audience liked her..

You always become a star with audience acceptance..and that is always organic..no one..no one..can make audience fall in love with you

True.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail

N.O. - NO

Maroonporsche thumbnail

They can’t even achieve success together lol

cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

she hasn't achieved any success other than being a faasiqa