Possible mental health track?

Posted: 5 months ago

Assuming the promo is true and Abhimanyu does get the custody, the possible reasons for Akshnav losing it are, 

1. Abhinav's finances

2. Akshara's anixiety/panic attacks

Finances can be sorted out with child maintanance but the 2nd reason might make Abhir's custody go to the biological father, atleast temporarily? 

The makers have been addressing people's arguments regarding the story on way or other. Either as dialogues through Manjari, Shefali, Surekha etc or tracks like Abhinav wondering if Akshara's is being with him cuz she is indepted etc. One theory that I have seen often is Akshara is escaping from reality and her happy family is a facde she is using to run from the truth... something along these lines. I think this could be addressed with a mental health track.

Akshara loses Abhir's custody either temporarily or permanantly cuz for her anxiety/panic attacks. While we have a track with Abhir living with Abhimanyu and coming to terms with what he wants and how their relationship pans up, we get a parallel track for Akshara where she goes to a therapist where the whole escapism argument can be dealt with. With the therapy sessions, it might make her pause and wonder a lot of things and then after some incidents and a self journey we get a conclusion. Then Ak fights the case and wins Abhir's custody back.

We still didnt get a proper confession b/w Akshnav so either this track leads to Abhir coming home, Abhinav supporting AK throughout and Akshnav getting a proper confession, and a kind of realisation track for her(?) OR Akshara concludes that she really is escaping and we get Abhira(I will lose my respect for Akshara if this interpretation is correct)

P.S. One thing I really want to see if she goes to a therapist is a convo on how there are different techiniques to handle panic/anxiety. Music, humming, singing is one of them but there are other ones and we see AK practicing them too.

Edited by SereneWorld - 5 months ago

Excellent point! 

But too logical for iTv standards and specially DKP who cannot deal with sensitive topics realistically (Anupama specially showed rape victim and prostitution victim to be grey and insensitive!). 

And in this show Akshara and Abhimanyu both needs therapy! Two broken people cannot heal each other... Though ITv may have shown that nonsense in past.. 

Akshara really needs to sort out her life. I don't think that her life of 6 years was a facade. She was genuinely happy in her own little world. She had been so much healed that she was all set to face past, befriend past and move on in her relationship with Abhinav had Abhir not fallen ill. So, if they actually show any reunion at this point, it will be too stupid and out of place. AskhNav ka full-fledge track stands ahead. 

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 5 months ago
Originally posted by shahsb_26

Excellent point! 

But too logical for iTv standards and specially DKP who cannot deal with sensitive topics realistically (Anupama specially showed rape victim and prostitution victim to be grey and insensitive!). 

Regular tracks execution itself is bad so I can imagine the shitshow it could be lol But I do wish this argument is addressed, like so many other ones have been just to put an end to it. AK's characterisation as per these interpretations is just soo bad.... Its up to people if they still want to be in denial but atleast in canon everthing will be addressed lol

And in this show Akshara and Abhimanyu both needs therapy! Two broken people cannot heal each other... Though ITv may have shown that nonsense in past.. And what's worst is people expecting romantic story between female therapist and Abhimanyu in future who can heal him and be with him.. 

True. I think in some situations a partner could be a reason for their healing journey like unconditional support and love but they cant be the only reason. Its extremely unhealthy to have your mental well being dependant on a single person. Its unfair for the partner too, to have this huge responsibility.

Akshara really needs to sort out her life. I don't think that her life of 6 years was a facade. She was genuinely happy in her own little world. She had been so much healed that she was all set to face past, befriend past and move on in her relationship with Abhinav had Abhir not fallen ill. So, if they actually show any reunion at this point, it will be too stupid and out of place. AskhNav ka full-fledge track stands ahead. 

100% Agreed

Edited by SereneWorld - 5 months ago

Yes, it definitely would be a point in the custody case. If I remember correctly, Akshara even tells her lawyers that she suffers from anxiety attacks.

But Abhimanyu is dealing with his own mental health issues, isn't it? Wasn't he popping pills in a few episodes? He isn't completely mentally fit as well to have sole custody. 

The monetary issues could be solved in a second : Akshara is an heiress to a jewellery business. She can easily get her share. She didn't, all this while, because she was kinda estranged from her family but now she isn't. Ofcourse, unlikely to happen cause where's the drama in that. More drama in getting humiliated for being dirt poor

Suffering from Anxiety or Panic attack doesn't mean one isn't fit to raise a child... It's almost common these days, and i dont think this can be used to snatch Abhir from Akshu and Abhinav... 

Originally posted by Peacelover15

Suffering from Anxiety or Panic attack doesn't mean one isn't fit to raise a child... It's almost common these days, and i dont think this can be used to snatch Abhir from Akshu and Abhinav... 

Absolutely true but ITV mein any semblance of mental imbalance is equal to being pagal or unfit for normal life lol. That's the level of insensitivity they function on. 

And even if this point is brought up, she can easily say I will see a court mandated therapist and get help. Simple. I know it's not new and something she's been dealing from childhood but owning to her miscarriage and all that trauma, it's only natural for her body to behave this way. Even worse.Unless and until her anxiety/panic attacks have in any way harmed her child mentally or physically, it cannot be grounds for winning custody. 

But it's ITV so they can turn it into the biggest flaw of a mother. However, if they can do it to Akshara, try to prove she's incapable for being a parent because of this..then Abhimanyu's mental health is also up for humiliation. 

Originally posted by OnTheBlock

Yes, it definitely would be a point in the custody case. If I remember correctly, Akshara even tells her lawyers that she suffers from anxiety attacks.

But Abhimanyu is dealing with his own mental health issues, isn't it? Wasn't he popping pills in a few episodes? He isn't completely mentally fit as well to have sole custody. 

The monetary issues could be solved in a second : Akshara is an heiress to a jewellery business. She can easily get her share. She didn't, all this while, because she was kinda estranged from her family but now she isn't. Ofcourse, unlikely to happen cause where's the drama in that. More drama in getting humiliated for being dirt poor

Wait till you receive good amount of lectures for  this.. I said the same a few days bk 😆

Edited by Krinya - 5 months ago
Originally posted by Krinya

Wait till you receive good amount of lectures for  this.. I said the same a few days bk 😆

Bass wahi lecture sun na hai mujhe... Aur phir mein bhi dungi... 

No one can deny that Abhimanyu really needs therapists and psychiatric treatment...

Akshara se bhi jyada usse zarurat hai fgs! Akshara can handle herself better than Abhimanyu can and Abhimanyu has screwed up family to add to his issues... 

And if you try to weigh the issues logically - 

Abhimanyu's is more severe and hence child custody shouldn't be given to him. 

However, Akshara is more vocal and aware about her issues, so it's highlighted more whereas Abhimanyu does not have self-awareness or is in denial to have any issues! 

Finance ka kya hai, unki Birla hospital par bohot jaldi taale lagne wala hai...